Td Is Expecting Only 2 Compensatory Picks

I saw before where he expects 2 to 3.

hopefully a 4th from Grimes and then another couple 7ths.

but a 4th and a 7th would not be bad... giving us 9 total picks and ammo if we want to move up a spot or 2 for a player we like. ( and for you smart azzes out there I am fully aware we can't trade comp picks)

Evidently you aren't.

Look you sanctimonious azz hole , it gives us more ammo because if we do get lets say a 4th for grimes.... it makes the idea of trading our original 4th in a deal that much easier to do because we will still have an extra 4th.

So yeah I know EXACTLY what I am talking about

Now since apparently according to you I do not make sense why do you not just ignore me since you do not like to have a conversation with me and that I do not put much thought into what I say... just ignore me.

Other wise you can kick rocks.

I saw before where he expects 2 to 3.

hopefully a 4th from Grimes and then another couple 7ths.

but a 4th and a 7th would not be bad... giving us 9 total picks and ammo if we want to move up a spot or 2 for a player we like. ( and for you smart azzes out there I am fully aware we can trade comp picks)

From Wiki..

Compensatory picks[edit]

In addition to the 32 selections in each of the seven rounds, a total of 32 compensatory picks are awarded to teams that have lost more or better compensatory free agents than they signed in the previous year.[58] Teams that gain and lose the same number of players but lose higher-valued players than they gain also can be awarded a pick, but only in the seventh round, after the other compensatory picks. Compensatory picks cannot be traded, and the placement of the picks is determined by a proprietary formula based on the player's salary, playing time, and postseason honors with his new team, with salary being the primary factor. So, for example, a team that lost a linebacker who signed for $2.5 million per year in free agency might get a sixth-round compensatory pick, while a team that lost a wide receiver who signed for $5 million per year might receive a fourth-round pick.

All compensatory picks are awarded at the ends of Rounds 3 through 7.

If fewer than 32 such picks are awarded, the remaining picks are awarded in the order in which teams would pick in a hypothetical eighth round of the draft (These are known as "supplemental compensatory selections").

Compensatory picks are awarded each year at the NFL annual meeting which is held at the end of March; typically, about three or four weeks before the draft.

Look you sanctimonious azz hole , it gives us more ammo because if we do get lets say a 4th for grimes.... it makes the idea of trading our original 4th in a deal that much easier to do because we will still have an extra 4th.

Now since apparently according to you I do not make sense why do you not just ignore me since you do not like to have a conversation with me and that I do not put much thought into what I say... just ignore me.

Call me a Smart azz ... but that's not what you wrote ..

I think you need to go back and read your post. You said that you're aware that we CAN trade comp picks which is obviously incorrect.

Don't they still have to decide about Steve Jackson, I do not think the rules clearly spell out his situation.. If they decide he counts then that may change things ---He terminated his contract (mutually) with the RAms

Until then i've seen post that predict

A 4/5 for Grimes loss

7th for McCowen loss

7th for Svitek loss

Umenyoria and Jackson gains would offset Sidbury, Walker, Owens

I think 1 or more of them may be under the minimum Salary limit and will not count

do not know if Hope signed or for how much

Also will Gaithers, Trueblood and Locklear count???

Don't they still have to decide about Steve Jackson, I do not think the rules clearly spell out his situation.. If they decide he counts then that may change things ---He terminated his contract (mutually) with the RAms

Until then i've seen post that predict

A 4/5 for Grimes loss

7th for McCowen loss

7th for Svitek loss

Umenyoria and Jackson gains would offset Sidbury, Walker, Owens

I think 1 or more of them may be under the minimum Salary limit and will not count

do not know if Hope signed or for how much

Also will Gaithers, Trueblood and Locklear count???

I projected that Jackson would count as a FA signing by Atlanta, and that Jackson and Osi would cancel out Walker and Owens. Sidbury would NOT count as a FA lost because he is below the minimum annual salary threshold level. Trueblood will NOT count because he was released and also because he was signed after the Free Agency period ended. Gaithers and Locklear will NOT count because thy are below the minimum threshold compensation level and were signed after Free Agency period ended. From a previous topic post of mine:

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

Abe, Dunta, Turner, and Clabo were all cut by the Falcons in 2013 before their contract terms ended. Therefore none of these players will count as UFAs lost and will not enter into the compensable formula in 2014. Atlanta lost 6 UFAs in 2013: Grimes ($5.5m new one-year contract= 4th round), Walker ($2m new contract= 6th or 7th), Owens ($1m new contact= 7th) , Svitec ($1m new contract =7th), McCown ($905,000 new contract= 7th), and Sidbury ($780,000 new contract). However, Sidbury will NOT count in the compensatory formula as a qualified free agent lost, because his annual salary is below the minimum cut-off point. The cutoff is somewhere between $800,000 to $900,000.

Atlanta lost 5 compensable FAs in 2013: Grimes, Owens, Walker, Svitek, and McCown. Atlanta signed 2 compensable UFAs in 2013: S-Jax (average annual comp = $4m = 5th round) and Osi (average annual comp =$4,250,000 = 5th round). Therefore, Atlanta has a NET LOSS of 3 UFAs = 3 comp picks. Since Jackson and Osi are higher rounds comps than Grimes, they can not cancel out Grimes. Therefore, Osi will cancel out Walker, and S-Jax will cancel out Owens.

That would leave Atlanta 3 comp picks in the 2014 draft: a 4th rounder for Grimes, and two 7th rounders for Svitek and McCown, according to my projection.

Some have questioned as to whether Osi and S-Jax wil count or not. I'm almost certain that both of these players will count in the comp formula because neither one was technically "cut or released". Both became UFAs due to the final year in their contracts being "voided". Osi's contract was voided due to a "technicality" in his contract. Jackson's contract gave him the option to void his final year. I believe that if a player becomes an unrestricted free agent, without being released or cut while under contract, then they will figure into the compensatory draft formula. Therefore, both Osi and S-Jax should count as qualified UFAs signed by Atlanta, in my opinion. I base this upon the following excerpt from Adamjt, the renown compensatory draft guru:

"In order to qualify for the comp equation, a player must have been a true Unrestricted Free Agent whose contract had expired or was voided after the previous season (i.e., he cannot have been released by his old team); he must sign during the UFA signing period (which ended July 27 last year); if he signs after June 1, he must have been tendered a June 1 qualifying offer by his old team; his compensatory value or contract value must be above a specific minimum amount; and he cannot have been permanently released by his new team before a certain point in the season (which seems to be after Week 10) or, possibly, before getting a certain amount of playing time, unless he was claimed off waivers by another team."

http://adamjt13.blog...-nfl-draft.html

"Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora's contract was voided at 4:01 p.m. ET on Thursday due to a technicality in his contract. He is now an unrestricted free agent, according to Jenny Vrentas, the Giants' beat writer for The Star-Ledger."

St. Louis Rams running back Steven Jackson will void the final year of his contract and become a free agent next month, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Monday night, citing unnamed NFL sources.......This will be Jackson's first experience as a free agent. According to Thomas, Jackson wants to play for a Super Bowl contender.

http://boards.atlant...ks/page__st__20

Added note: Through the 2009 compensatory draft picks, no player was disqualified from the compensatory formula due to a voided contract. For the 2010 comp picks, Laveraneous Coles had a special situation involving a voided contract in 2009. Adamjt projected that Coles would count in the comp formula in 2010, but with hesitation. I just checked the actual 2010 compensatory draft picks and Laverneous Coles did NOT count, even though he signed a new 4-year $28m contract with the Bengals in 2009. This was one of the few missed projections by adamjt. So there might be some faint hope that Osi and/or S-jax, both with voided contracts, might not count against the Falcons in the 2014 compensatory draft picks. An excerpt from adamjt's 2010 compensatory draft projection involving voided contracts in general and Coles voided contract specifically:

"There were two unusual cases this year, one involving Laveranues Coles and one involving Bobby Engram. Coles renegotiated his contract on Feb. 25, 2009, giving up a $6 million guaranteed salary in exchange for allowing his 2009 season to void. Two days later, his contract voided, and he became an Unrestricted Free Agent. Plenty of players have qualified for the comp equation after becoming UFAs because their contract voided, even if the voidable year was put in the contract through renegotiation. However, Coles' situation is a little less clear because of the timing involved. Normally, a player "earns" a void in his contract by doing something more than simply waiting two days, so it's possible that the NFL will not consider Coles eligible for the comp picks equation. Players who have had contract years simply deleted not converted to voidable years by renegotiation have never qualified for the equation, and Coles' situation is close to that. However, because a voidable year has never disqualified a player from the equation, I am projecting that Coles will qualify."

I projected that Jackson would count as a FA signing by Atlanta, and that Jackson and Osi would cancel out Walker and Owens. Sidbury would NOT count as a FA lost because he is below the minimum annual salary threshold level. Trueblood will NOT count because he was released and also because he was signed after the Free Agency period ended. Gaithers and Locklear will NOT count because thy are below the minimum threshold compensation level and were signed after Free Agency period ended. From a previous topic post of mine:

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

Abe, Dunta, Turner, and Clabo were all cut by the Falcons in 2013 before their contract terms ended. Therefore none of these players will count as UFAs lost and will not enter into the compensable formula in 2014. Atlanta lost 6 UFAs in 2013: Grimes ($5.5m new one-year contract= 4th round), Walker ($2m new contract= 6th or 7th), Owens ($1m new contact= 7th) , Svitec ($1m new contract =7th), McCown ($905,000 new contract= 7th), and Sidbury ($780,000 new contract). However, Sidbury will NOT count in the compensatory formula as a qualified free agent lost, because his annual salary is below the minimum cut-off point. The cutoff is somewhere between $800,000 to $900,000.

Atlanta lost 5 compensable FAs in 2013: Grimes, Owens, Walker, Svitek, and McCown. Atlanta signed 2 compensable UFAs in 2013: S-Jax (average annual comp = $4m = 5th round) and Osi (average annual comp =$4,250,000 = 5th round). Therefore, Atlanta has a NET LOSS of 3 UFAs = 3 comp picks. Since Jackson and Osi are higher rounds comps than Grimes, they can not cancel out Grimes. Therefore, Osi will cancel out Walker, and S-Jax will cancel out Owens.

That would leave Atlanta 3 comp picks in the 2014 draft: a 4th rounder for Grimes, and two 7th rounders for Svitek and McCown, according to my projection.

Some have questioned as to whether Osi and S-Jax wil count or not. I'm almost certain that both of these players will count in the comp formula because neither one was technically "cut or released". Both became UFAs due to the final year in their contracts being "voided". Osi's contract was voided due to a "technicality" in his contract. Jackson's contract gave him the option to void his final year. I believe that if a player becomes an unrestricted free agent, without being released or cut while under contract, then they will figure into the compensatory draft formula. Therefore, both Osi and S-Jax should count as qualified UFAs signed by Atlanta, in my opinion. I base this upon the following excerpt from Adamjt, the renown compensatory draft guru:

"In order to qualify for the comp equation, a player must have been a true Unrestricted Free Agent whose contract had expired or was voided after the previous season (i.e., he cannot have been released by his old team); he must sign during the UFA signing period (which ended July 27 last year); if he signs after June 1, he must have been tendered a June 1 qualifying offer by his old team; his compensatory value or contract value must be above a specific minimum amount; and he cannot have been permanently released by his new team before a certain point in the season (which seems to be after Week 10) or, possibly, before getting a certain amount of playing time, unless he was claimed off waivers by another team."

"Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora's contract was voided at 4:01 p.m. ET on Thursday due to a technicality in his contract. He is now an unrestricted free agent, according to Jenny Vrentas, the Giants' beat writer for The Star-Ledger."

St. Louis Rams running back Steven Jackson will void the final year of his contract and become a free agent next month, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Monday night, citing unnamed NFL sources.......This will be Jackson's first experience as a free agent. According to Thomas, Jackson wants to play for a Super Bowl contender.

http://boards.atlant...ks/page__st__20

Added note: Through the 2009 compensatory draft picks, no player was disqualified from the compensatory formula due to a voided contract. For the 2010 comp picks, Laveraneous Coles had a special situation involving a voided contract in 2009. Adamjt projected that Coles would count in the comp formula in 2010, but with hesitation. I just checked the actual 2010 compensatory draft picks and Laverneous Coles did NOT count, even though he signed a new 4-year $28m contract with the Bengals in 2009. This was one of the few missed projections by adamjt. So there might be some faint hope that Osi and/or S-jax, both with voided contracts, might not count against the Falcons in the 2014 compensatory draft picks. An excerpt from adamjt's 2010 compensatory draft projection involving voided contracts in general and Coles voided contract specifically:

"There were two unusual cases this year, one involving Laveranues Coles and one involving Bobby Engram. Coles renegotiated his contract on Feb. 25, 2009, giving up a $6 million guaranteed salary in exchange for allowing his 2009 season to void. Two days later, his contract voided, and he became an Unrestricted Free Agent. Plenty of players have qualified for the comp equation after becoming UFAs because their contract voided, even if the voidable year was put in the contract through renegotiation. However, Coles' situation is a little less clear because of the timing involved. Normally, a player "earns" a void in his contract by doing something more than simply waiting two days, so it's possible that the NFL will not consider Coles eligible for the comp picks equation. Players who have had contract years simply deleted not converted to voidable years by renegotiation have never qualified for the equation, and Coles' situation is close to that. However, because a voidable year has never disqualified a player from the equation, I am projecting that Coles will qualify."

The reason that Dimitroff is expecting 2 comp picks rather than the 3 picks that I project, probably has to do with whether McCown will count as a compensable loss or not by Atlanta. McCown's annual compensation of $905,000 is very near the minimum threshold cutoff, which can change each year. In the past that minimum threshold has run between $800,000 to $900,000. If McCown does NOT count as a compensable free agent lost, because his compensation is too low, then Atlanta would just have a net loss of 2 = 2 comp picks, rather than a net loss of 3.