Brian De La Puente Vs Joe Hawley

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

give me one thing I said that has been proven to be made up . I say Hawley is not good , you say he is . Who's right ? Just because we signed him doesnt make him good . And the journey man thing , I was referring to his ability not how many teams he's been on.

You called Hawley a journeyman which is clearly made up as he has only played for one team. Did you even know that? You just cant go around making stuff up just because you dont like the guy.

You called Hawley a journeyman which is clearly made up as he has only played for one team. Did you even know that? You just cant go around making stuff up just because you dont like the guy.

come on guy . Don't you read ALL the threads in the post . I already tried to explain the journeyman comment. I used the word as a backup , a player that gets cut often but seems to always show up on someones roster. I know WE drafted Hawley. I give you guys credit though. You will defend the **** out of players . Talent or no talent .

I gotta admit I though he was talking about something else.............I really need to learn the spanish sad.png

Did you think Tito meant T!tties???

come on guy . Don't you read ALL the posts in the thread . I already tried to explain the journeyman comment. I used the word as a backup , a player that gets cut often but seems to always show up on someones roster. I know WE drafted Hawley. I give you guys credit though. You will defend the **** out of players . Talent or no talent .

Guy, I'm not even a major Hawley supporter, I thought he was God awful prior to this regular season. All these people asked you to do was back up your opinion. Hawley looked like sh!t the past two preseasons. He got tossed around like a little kid and looked weak as fvck. I thought (hoped) he would get cut during the preseason game against the Bengals. You could've looked for some clips on youtube I am sure there are some, because as I stated he played like garbage. I can understand why you do not have faith in him, but I am clueless as to why you have more faith in Konz. Konz has not shown me any promise though, so I would not put my name on him beating out anybody. I believe Hawley will be fine btwn two competent Gs. Although I still am not in love with him and think he does appear to play weak I have to respect the fact the DL like to hit him after the whistle. He must be doing something right...

Fixed - You're not very good at the internet but your E-thugging is very amusing...

Did you think Tito meant T!tties???

Guy, I'm not even a major Hawley supporter, I thought he was God awful prior to this regular season. All these people asked you to do was back up your opinion. Hawley looked like sh!t the past two preseasons. He got tossed around like a little kid and looked weak as fvck. I thought (hoped) he would get cut during the preseason game against the Bengals. You could've looked for some clips on youtube I am sure there are some, because as I stated he played like garbage. I can understand why you do not have faith in him, but I am clueless as to why you have more faith in Konz. Konz has not shown me any promise though, so I would not put my name on him beating out anybody. I believe Hawley will be fine btwn two competent Gs. Although I still am not in love with him and think he does appear to play weak I have to respect the fact the DL like to hit him after the whistle. He must be doing something right...

Fixed - You're not very good at the internet but your E-thugging is very amusing...

uhhh ok . Whatever

come on guy . Don't you read ALL the threads in the post . I already tried to explain the journeyman comment. I used the word as a backup , a player that gets cut often but seems to always show up on someones roster. I know WE drafted Hawley. I give you guys credit though. You will defend the **** out of players . Talent or no talent .

When was Hawley cut? Last I checked he's played for one team his whole career and that team just re-signed him. You just cant go around and change the definition of words just because you are losing an argument. This conversation with you is pointless because you cant seem to comprehend basic sports terminology... just make it up as you go along. BTW Im not even defending Hawley, Im just correcting all the misinformation that you are putting out. Edited by FentayeJones

When was Hawley cut? Last I checked he's played for one team his whole career and that team just re-signed him. You just cant go around and change the definition of words just because you are losing an argument. This conversation with you is pointless because you cant seem to comprehend basic sports terminology... just make it up as you go along. BTW Im not even defending Hawley, Im just correcting all the misinformation that you are putting out.

your an idiot . I'm not explaining myself anymore .

All I ask is that you don't change your name. Guys like you come around every offseason, puffing out your chest thinking you know it all, only to look stupid by the time the season comes along and you're nowhere to be found again.

Thats because you cant explain yourself. Everytime you try you just spout more statements thats just not true.

First you said Hawley was a journeyman, which hes not and then you said he is a player who gets cut often - hes never been cut.

All I ask is that you back up what you are saying with facts and not just make stuff up.

Obviously you cant do that so just take your ball and go home.

Edited by FentayeJones

All I ask is that you don't change your name. Guys like you come around every offseason, puffing out your chest thinking you know it all, only to look stupid by the time the season comes along and you're nowhere to be found again.

don't worry , I know only YOU know everything. But I'm not going anywhere Sparky . You can bet on that .

So true!

The center position, is the most important position on the offensive line. The center is the leader of the offensive line and must be both intelligent and physically dominant, thoughtful and hard-headed.

He must:

Lead the offensive line. This is the most important duty of the center. Not only is a center responsible for his own play on the football field, but he is also accountable for that of the rest of his linemates.

Be a leader by example and befriend the rest of the offensive linemen. Only with true chemistry and leadership can his offensive line become dominant.

Learn the offense thoroughly. No player on the field, other than the quarterback, needs to know and understand their team's playbook as thoroughly as the center does. This is because he needs to be able to determine the blocking scheme as he approaches the line and then dictate it to his fellow offensive linemen. Learn the offense, inside and out, and he'll be on his way towards greatness.

Learn to read defenses. Only by understanding defenses can he begin to really know what blocking schemes he should give to his fellow players. Take time to learn defensive football theory and he'll be glad he did.

Train extensively. He needs to lead by example, so he should be the first to the practice field and the last one into the locker room. Also, arrange for the other linemen to train with him during the off-season to help build camaraderie.

Practice the snap. No other element of his job, as a center, can be accomplished unless he snaps the ball perfectly every time. Great centers practice snapping the football to their quarterback for at least 100 snaps per day. This will make the process automatic.

Learn to long-snap. If he doesn’t already know how to snap the ball in shotgun formations, learn that first. Then, go on to learn how to snap for extra points, field goals, and punts. By becoming a long snapper he’ll add a lot of extra value to his football resume and help his team out with a difficult roster spot to fill.

Master the other offensive line positions. This will allow him to help younger, less-experienced players on his offensive line who play other positions.

Which is why I wanted the Falcons to sign Alex Mack. But Joe Hawley is good enough since we now have a good RG to pair with him. He can focus solely on his job and not doing two jobs.

• 2 weeks later...