This Guy Will Be Our Pass Rusher.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And notice, he was able to get there because one of the DTs was requiring a double team. Soliai instantly made our D a lot better because we now have that consistently. And we still have Peters and Babs. They can't double team Soliai and Peters or Soliai and Babs. They can't double team Osi any more, or Mass, or Goodman, because if they do, it's going to be coming from somewhere else. We talked a lot about a pick your poison offense last year, but I suspect our pass rush this year will be pick your poison as well.

he was able to get there cause he beat Joe Staley.

he was able to get there cause he beat Joe Staley.

nope, i've seen that happen plenty of times. Kaep would usually be able to step up and get away from Mass, but that time Babs got push into the pocket and forced him to turn and run back to his left right into Mass. I'm not about to sit here and act like our DE's never beat opposing OT's around the edge. They have done it frequently over the years but our smurf DTs are usually getting handled like little children and allow the QB to step up and allow the OT to recover and ride the DE out of the picture

nope, i've seen that happen plenty of times. Kaep would usually be able to step up and get away from Mass, but that time Babs got push into the pocket and forced him to turn and run back to his left right into Mass. I'm not about to sit here and act like our DE's never beat opposing OT's around the edge. They have done it frequently over the years but our smurf DTs are usually getting handled like little children and allow the QB to step up and allow the OT to recover and ride the DE out of the picture

he got the sack cause he beat Staley. It's that simple. If he didn't beat Staley he wouldn't have got the sack

That was actually decent recovery by Staley after getting beaten early on the rush. If Kaepernick had been a little more decisive in pushing up in the pocket instead of trying to pirouette to extend the play, he could have stepped up. There was a window to his right that he could have shot through through and Mass would have been run right around the play.

He is going to get a lot of opportunities because both Jackson and Soliai are so good at tying up blockers. I actually expect to see him moved around a lot similar to how we want to use Beirman.

I think if both are healthy we can get about 15-16 sacks between the 2 of those guys.

I agree. Mass = 13 sacks; Biermann = 3 sacks. tongue.png

That was actually decent recovery by Staley after getting beaten early on the rush. If Kaepernick had been a little more decisive in pushing up in the pocket instead of trying to pirouette to extend the play, he could have stepped up. There was a window to his right that he could have shot through through and Mass would have been run right around the play.

Babs most definitely helped and was a big reason Kaep tried to get out the pocket

Babs most definitely helped and was a big reason Kaep tried to get out the pocket

Oh, yeah, no doubt he helped, but I guess what I'm saying is a quarterback with more pocket presence (especially one with Kaep's wheels) would have been able to handle that play and Mass wouldn't have been a factor at all. Don't get me wrong, it was a good effort by the line as a whole, but nothing there that makes me think Mass is the answer to the pass rush.

Oh, yeah, no doubt he helped, but I guess what I'm saying is a quarterback with more pocket presence (especially one with Kaep's wheels) would have been able to handle that play and Mass wouldn't have been a factor at all. Don't get me wrong, it was a good effort by the line as a whole, but nothing there that makes me think Mass is the answer to the pass rush.

oh yeah Kaepernick pocket presence is non existent right now

This is what I was thinking.