Brian Banks Accuser Ordered To Pay 2.6M

xskyx

Yep. We need Affirmative Action for Men!

I mean look at how men have been discriminated against all throughout history!

Give me a break with this ********. We're talking about TODAY, not history.

I'm not saying women never get discriminated against either, but if you think there are no gender based double standards that favor women you are WAY too delusionally drinking the kool-aid of the PC ideology that he was referring too.

In fact, your exhibiting one right now. Saying it happens to women=fighting for rights, saying it happens to men=sexist/bitter.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Likely not.

I would like to see dude get his movie and book deals and help ole girl if he can.

Forgive. Forget. Move on. The right thing to do.

why should he help her out? He has his own family to help out. He has already forgave her. Nothing more he should do for her. Why dont you help her out

why should he help her out? He has his own family to help out. He has already forgave her. Nothing more he should do for her. Why dont you help her out

I was pretty surprised at how easily he forgave her as well, as it seems she has done very little to try and make it up to him.

One of the worst posts I've ever seen

Yep. It's bad enough to suggest helping someone after they did that to you, but it makes it worse the way that actually rewards her for it. In his 'right thing to do' she never gets punished for the 5 years, and now gets helped out because she blew threw more money in less than 5 years, than most will earn in 40. Talk about no accountability, it's so ridiculous it's almost amusing that someone suggested it.

She deserves prison. Fraud alone would get you 5 years. Amazing. And what is scary, how many times has this happened? How many innocents have done time? How muchmoney has been stolen? She blew threw a million bucks and she's back on hand outs? That alone is just **** evil.

This kind of puts things into perspective, when you consider how people generally react to rape accusations. I bet many who knew of the case called Brian Banks a scum bag, piece of **** or whatever other names. If he had walked and made it to the NFL, and never recorded her confession secretly(I just found out that part)I also bet that fans would label him a rapist, and talk about how wrong it is that a team signed him. All this without knowing any facts..............It's ok to form an opinion, but people need to stop thinking they know what happened when they don't. Each individual case is different, and even the circumstances that are in the minority do happen sometimes. It's why I don't act like an idiot praising people who go and jump or kill people who are accused of this, before they know what happened. If you don't know what happened, don't go punishing people for things you don't know they did. I love when someone tries that and ends up getting their *** beat. It's even worse when it's not even someone who knew the accuser, but just some random clown who thinks they're a hero..................Perhaps the most dangerous thing for an innocent man is the ******** you hear from many people about how we have a "rape culture" that tolerates rape and blames victims, which is a complete crock of ****. There is also the "putting victims on trial" line that gets used, when people simply question the accusers story, not even saying she's lying but just staying open. You have to look for the truth in an investigation. If people start heavily buying the idea that questioning a hole in a victim's story is wrong, that's bad for someone trying to prove their innocence, because now people will be afraid to openly consider the evidence that may help them. It basically becomes "unless you can prove for sure the victim lied, then the accused is guilty", which is pretty much the end of "innocent until proven guilty", and bad for anyone who becomes the victim of a false accusation.

Give me a break with this ********. We're talking about TODAY, not history.

I'm not saying women never get discriminated against either, but if you think there are no gender based double standards that favor women you are WAY too delusionally drinking the kool-aid of the PC ideology that he was referring too.

In fact, your exhibiting one right now. Saying it happens to women=fighting for rights, saying it happens to men=sexist/bitter.

LOL

Yeah, it's been an uphill battle for men all the way against the big bad women.

I don't know when all this "men as victims" stuff came about but it sure is illogical

Maybe they need a Lifetime channel for some men

This kind of puts things into perspective, when you consider how people generally react to rape accusations. I bet many who knew of the case called Brian Banks a scum bag, piece of **** or whatever other names. If he had walked and made it to the NFL, and never recorded her confession secretly(I just found out that part)I also bet that fans would label him a rapist, and talk about how wrong it is that a team signed him. All this without knowing any facts..............It's ok to form an opinion, but people need to stop thinking they know what happened when they don't. Each individual case is different, and even the circumstances that are in the minority do happen sometimes. It's why I don't act like an idiot praising people who go and jump or kill people who are accused of this, before they know what happened. If you don't know what happened, don't go punishing people for things you don't know they did. I love when someone tries that and ends up getting their *** beat. It's even worse when it's not even someone who knew the accuser, but just some random clown who thinks they're a hero..................Perhaps the most dangerous thing for an innocent man is the ******** you hear from many people about how we have a "rape culture" that tolerates rape and blames victims, which is a complete crock of ****. There is also the "putting victims on trial" line that gets used, when people simply question the accusers story, not even saying she's lying but just staying open. You have to look for the truth in an investigation. If people start heavily buying the idea that questioning a hole in a victim's story is wrong, that's bad for someone trying to prove their innocence, because now people will be afraid to openly consider the evidence that may help them. It basically becomes "unless you can prove for sure the victim lied, then the accused is guilty", which is pretty much the end of "innocent until proven guilty", and bad for anyone who becomes the victim of a false accusation.

I don't think you will find too many people who disagree with what you said here about keeping an open mind--but that should be a given in all cases. You can't change people jumping to conclusions, but public opinion should not try anybody. It's just that in many (most?) cases involving sex, it comes down to he said-she said. Consequently, misjudgements happen on both sides.

Rounz u meat head u left your TATF password on a post-it next to your computer. Get your wife offa here!

LOL

Nah, I'm semi playing devil's advocate.

But I do believe that it happens on both sides: I think guys get falsely accused, and I think rapists or abusers walk. I just don't think it's in overwhelming numbers

Ok, come on now. Just because she ****** up everything and blew threw her money(that she got from his suffering)does not mean he should take pity(how the **** she blew threw it that quickly I don't even know). She took 5 years of his life, and now your also basically saying she should be rewarded for being the world's worst budgeter, and a scammer...............It goes back to what I said about punishing her being partially on him, if he actually helps her now, then her getting away with it is pretty much all his fault. People talk about how wrong it is for her to get away with it, but really if he chooses to let her, then she will.........................It kind of makes me wish we would go back to the Viking attitude about revenge. If you don't want to punish someone that's perfectly fine, but I just wish people would stop glorifying it as the "right" thing. In the end, you only let someone walk over you. You suffered, they didn't.

If I recall dude forgave ole girl.

He should be OK with his book and movie deals.

I doubt if she can pay the $2.6M

There is something that is lost on many TATFers. Forgiveness.

If it were me I'd forgive and forget. Probably would help her out too. Just me.

LOL

Yeah, it's been an uphill battle for men all the way against the big bad women.

I don't know when all this "men as victims" stuff came about but it sure is illogical

Maybe they need a Lifetime channel for some men

Again, we're talking about the CURRENT times. This is the problem, people think things are only unfair if they have happened a lot throughout history. Stop the Al Sharpton for women garbage already, your not impressing anybody here. I never said men are suffering in some way comparable to black people in segregation times, all I said was there were double standards that favor women.....................The poster you quoted was referring to double standards in the justice system. There are a lot of instances where people seem a bit more forgiving to a woman than a man, when both commit the same crime or something of equal caliber. Why it is that way I'm not sure, likely a variety of reasons, but it's not that hard to see. Your either trying WAY too hard to prove your not a sexist, or your just blind. You need to wake up and realize there are a variety of double standards, some work in the reverse and favor those usually seen as discrimination victims.

If I recall dude forgave ole girl.

He should be OK with his book and movie deals.

I doubt if she can pay the $2.6M

There is something that is lost on many TATFers. Forgiveness.

If it were me I'd forgive and forget. Probably would help her out too. Just me.

If she can't pay the money she should go to prison, you know...like what happens to many other people who didn't also send a guy to prison for 5 years. Yes he forgave her, and thus her getting away with it is his fault. That's all that anyone gets from this mentality you keep preaching, people walking over them. That's why it's 'lost' on TATFers, and probably most people on Earth, they're smart enough not to buy it. You suffer, they get away with it. Tell me, what's to stop anyone from doing anything in your picture perfect world? Why is it wrong to seek punishment?...........................................................If you want to forgive and forget, and help people who harm you go for it(and I have no idea why you do). However, don't act like you should be praised or that it's so high and mighty. All you get is people hurting you, and getting away with it. That is all anyone deserves for thinking making someone pay is wrong.

I don't think you will find too many people who disagree with what you said here about keeping an open mind--but that should be a given in all cases. You can't change people jumping to conclusions, but public opinion should not try anybody. It's just that in many (most?) cases involving sex, it comes down to he said-she said. Consequently, misjudgements happen on both sides.

You're confusing people with rational people. A lot of the activist types see it as some kind of travesty, questioning a story is 'putting a victim on trial'. That's where the problem comes in, it's the "if you aren't on our side your on theirs" mentality. "If she said it happened, it did" is the way they think, which is obviously an irrational viewpoint. Keeping an open mind is just considering both sides, not saying either is telling the truth, but they prefer irrational logic. I agree that most people are not to that extreme, but if people start to think that way it could be dangerous. I'd rather see a guilty man walk than an innocent one convicted, but if we see everything as 'putting victims on trial' then we're heading for the other way. In proving someone did something, your story will have to be questioned, it's only logical in having to prove someone's guilt. However, some seem to feel sex crimes should be given exceptions, and if people start buying it trouble is ahead.