Let's Stop Trying To Solve All Our Problems In One Offseason.

Macintez

We do need to think about the present, but lets keep the future in mind also. We can't make this roster Super Bowl caliber in one offseason, I think we're setting ourselves up for disappointment by doing that. I think it will take a entire season before we're ready to compete on that level again. So get ready to be tested as a fan. Also, be ready for the coaching staff and roster to be tested. We are in for a lot of surprises. We should be excited to see who will emerge/develop. With that being said, are there any prospects/fa's we should keep an eye on next season?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We only actually have a few things that need addressing. Why would you not try and solve all the problems? Last season made sense to target CB in the draft, but we aren't going to double dip at RT or OLB or TE, are we?

It's perfectly reasonable to think that our problems COULD be solved in one offseason.

We only actually have a few things that need addressing. Why would you not try and solve all the problems? Last season made sense to target CB in the draft, but we aren't going to double dip at RT or OLB or TE, are we?

It's perfectly reasonable to think that our problems COULD be solved in one offseason.

I actually don't think it's possible. People are too concerned with getting immediate impact players. Outside of the first round, I don't see too many of those. Those same expectations are getting Konz and Holmes grilled even thought they just finished their second year.

Gotta agree with this. The FA moves, roster shuffles, and draft picks pretty much all have to be right, and that's a lot to ask, but all the meaningful holes can be filled.

Chances of us winning the Super Bowl when there are 31 other teams trying to do the same thing means that our chances aren't likely. However our chances are just the same as each of those other 31 teams. Super Bowl this year or not, I absolutely love how this offseason has been going so far and this is going to help towards the future as well.

You got to be kidding. Falcons need LT, RT, LG, C, TE, OLB, FS, RB and DE not to mention getting quality depth because this team is paper thin.

I agree. I have always called this a two year fix and that's if everything goes right with the FA acquisitions and the draft picks. Even in a best case scenario we are still going to be relying heavily on a lot of rookies and 2nd year players this fall.

You got to be kidding. Falcons need LT, RT, LG, C, TE, OLB, FS, RB and DE not to mention getting quality depth because this team is paper thin.

Not for THIS year we don't. Baker is an adequate LT and Blalock is a solid LG. Say what you will about injuries, age, etc. but they are not holes.

Blalock is a solid LG, he is not great but good enough.

The Falcons need a solid back up LT just in case Baker is hurt again, maybe a decent vet hits the market after the draft.

Need to draft a RT unless someone decent is released before the draft.

Looks like the Falcons will have Hawley and Konz competing in training camp for the starting center job.

OLB/DE needs to be addressed in the draft in the early rounds just like RT.

TE, FS, and RB could be addressed in the draft as well or in FA after teams start releasing players to make room for the new draftees.

We do need to think about the present, but lets keep the future in mind also. We can't make this roster Super Bowl caliber in one offseason, I think we're setting ourselves up for disappointment by doing that. I think it will take a entire season before we're ready to compete on that level again. So get ready to be tested as a fan. Also, be ready for the coaching staff and roster to be tested. We are in for a lot of surprises. We should be excited to see who will emerge/develop. With that being said, are there any prospects/fa's we should keep an eye on next season?

Amen brother. Totally agree and (not trying to be funny) a televangelist couldn't have said it better.

Bread & Butter is what this team needs to get back to Run the rock Stop the Run & protect Matt Ryan.

We accomplish those 3 things this off season we'll go along way.

Why go back to making the run game our focal point, when our passing game is elite.

I think you're selling our current roster a little short OP, we have some good players and a lot of guys coming off injuries. We need 3 more starters which we can all get in the draft and besides that depth, which we can get with another 5-6 picks and after final cuts.

Why go back to making the run game our focal point, when our passing game is elite.

Where did I say its going to be our focal point.

We need to have a credible threat though as last we had nothing and the stats bear that out.

Without a running game we're a dead duck with it Ryan goes to the next level.Ryan's strength is play action you get that running game going Ryan's passing and TD #ers go through the roof.

What examples are there that we are trying to "Solve all of our problems in one offseason"?

Let's see...

I think Baker is done... Finished. He has back problems and I don't see him holding up. I question our offensive coord Dirk (I honestly don't like him but that could change after this year). I'm super concerned about our LB core, even if we draft Mack. I like Worchild and Barty but who knows if they'll get better this year. There were a lot of players we fell in love with after one year that never got better. Will Alford become consistent enough to be a #2 after a streaky rookie year? Will Konz and Holmes get better, or are they strictly depth for the rookie we'll find in the draft? Will Toililo put in the work to become a starter? Oh, and I'm not to certain about the run game. We have a lot of question marks that need to be answered this year. We need to wait and see who answers the call before we start talking SB.

Hmmm we were in the nfccg....and the chiefs were like 1-15....and the very next season they go nearly undefeated and are in the playoffs...AND they were never good to begin with, and we were a consistent playoff team...Its not rocket science, if we clean up a couple edges and improve depth( Which means some of our past starters get demoted , Jerry,Peters, etc) we will be right back where we were ..THIS SEASON...enough with the sky falling, we aren't an expansion team for goodness sake

Edited by TheeTKOBeatz

Hmmm we were in the nfccg....and the chiefs were like 1-15....and the very next season they go nearly undefeated and are in the playoffs...AND they were never good to begin with, and we were a consistent playoff team...Its not rocket science, if we clean up a couple edges and improve depth( Which means some of our past starters get demoted , Jerry,Peters, etc) we will be right back where we were ..THIS SEASON...enough with the sky falling, we aren't an expansion team for goodness sake

This X 1,000,000

To add onto that WTF would someone really have issues with fans on a message board coming up with ways to help the team during FA/Draft period? What else is there to do? Why is it a bad thing? lol

what?? could have fooled me.