Pft: Falcons Say Osi Umenyiora Will Be Back, No Pay Cut

Off topic: Can anyone explain Biermann's cap number? Why in the world is he taking up that much cap space to get 4 sacks a year and lead the league in "almost" sacks? Can sign any dude off the street for the vet minimum to give us that. I don't understand Dimitroff. For every 1 good move, there's 3 terrible ones.

Osi's cap number is cap friendly compared to his production. He had 7.5 sacks last season. If you compare that to:

Peppers 7.5 sacs 10 mil/yr

A. Smith 5 sacs 4.5 mil/yr

L. Houston 6 sacs 7mil/yr

I dont think I would take a cut if I were him either.

And they wanted Michael Johnson who got $9 million a year and got 3 sacks last season and averages 5

Osi looked bad last year. Played good in 3 games and that's IT. I would have cut him and brought in an edge rushing LB like Woodley or Harylson(who is still a FA)

The whole line played bad. NOBODY got consistent pressure. That is why we got Soliai and Jackson. And we will pick an edge rusher in the draft, whether it's Clowney, Mack, or Attaochu, we are gonna need someone like Osi, who knows how to handle his business in the NFL to be a mentor to the kids.

Off topic: Can anyone explain Biermann's cap number? Why in the world is he taking up that much cap space to get 4 sacks a year and lead the league in "almost" sacks? Can sign any dude off the street for the vet minimum to give us that. I don't understand Dimitroff. For every 1 good move, there's 3 terrible ones.

Funny how getting pressure is so easy when nobody on our team could do it consistently last year.

Kroy is also the key part of our defense that makes the Hybrid work, he's a good run defender and pass defender when required, and this is his final year of the contract which most player never see, so it will naturally be higher.

Why is every one sweating osi when kroy is horrible and makes more.

Read the posts - people are hating on both. However honestly only one really fits our system and the other is a 4-3 end who is one dimensional. I know who I'd be keeping if u thought to cut one. Seriously Kroy fits Nolans scheme. Hopefully we get Mack and then Kroy becomes less important to our defence.