Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lju713

Vick To Jets

163 posts in this topic

When healthy (and I use that term loosely) Vick can be a threat. More than Geno. Given the right supporting cast, blocking, and a defense that doesn't have them playing from behind often, yes he can be successful. Not saying Super Bowl successful but 8-8, 9-7 successful..

Geno just gave them an 8-8 season, so again, what does Vick give Rex Ryan?

and after 10 minutes with the receiving core he'll be begging for Perless Price to join him....

Geno just gave them an 8-8 season, so again, what does Vick give Rex Ryan?

The Jets D gave them an 8-8 season. Geno kept it from being better than that
zekeyboy1 likes this

Bring back Tebow to make it really interesting...

while I'd like to see the drama, I dont think Tebow throws another ball in the NFL even in preseason.

while I'd like to see the drama, I dont think Tebow throws another ball in the NFL even in preseason.

Why would he? Isn't he getting paid a ton to talk college ball now?

Why would he? Isn't he getting paid a ton to talk college ball now?

I'm sure he would jump at the chance to play more regardless of money, you can always do broadcast some years down the road.

It's a shame to see folks hate on a guy even after he's gone..smh..Rex knows he has to win now to keep his job so vick as of right now If healthy gives him that chance..geno is decent but not the short term answer...

So no Atlanta fans are allowed to criticize Michael Vick because he used to play here?

Michael Vick has never been good at anything other than running and throwing the ball hard and far.

Didn't we see this movie before? With this same team and coach? Except last time it involved some dudes named Sanchise and Tebow. /purple

Was thinking the exact same thing. Looks like Woody is bringing the circus back to town.

Vick is an upgrade over Geno Smith. He can help them win games now, while Geno develops his game further. Even if he isn't the starter, he'll be considered a top tier backup in the NFL.

Like him or not, he did win a road playoff game in GB , and blew out the Rams 47-17 at home in the div rd to go the NFC Championship game(with a sorry oline, and an avg defense btw), while wearing a Falcons uniform, That's more than we've gotten from the TD, Smith, Ryan era... Just sayin .

Mr. Right likes this

He beat out Foles, but he wont beat out Geno?? Ok. We'll see....

I don't think it was open competition like Chip Kelly said it was. Kelly wanted Vick starting so Vick was the starter. Kelly thought he could get the most out of Vick until Vick got hurt *big surprise*.

Like him or not, he did win a road playoff game in GB , and blew out the Rams 47-17 at home in the div rd to go the NFC Championship game(with a sorry oline, and an avg defense btw), while wearing a Falcons uniform, That's more than we've gotten from the TD, Smith, Ryan era... Just sayin .

That defense he had in 2002 and 2004 was better than any defense the Falcons have had the last 6 years. Heck the Falcons led the NFL in sacks in 2004.

It's a shame to see folks hate on a guy even after he's gone..smh..Rex knows he has to win now to keep his job so vick as of right now If healthy gives him that chance..geno is decent but not the short term answer...

Not sure what you were reading there but nothing says hate to me all i saw was truth.

And he never had a Julio, a Gonzo, and a GOOD Roddy White. It was Vick, Crump, and that's about it...Give the man his due, and stop thinking about his off the field issues. He paid his debt for that..Noto mention, he probably only read the playbook once when he was Falcon. lol

Mr. Right likes this

And he never had a Julio, a Gonzo, and a GOOD Roddy White. It was Vick, Crump, and that's about it...Give the man his due, and stop thinking about his off the field issues. He paid his debt for that..Noto mention, he probably only read the playbook once when he was Falcon. lol

He had a very good oline which is something Ryan has never had. He also had a pretty **** good D a few of his years

And btw, I never said his defenses were BETTER than what they've been in this era, I said his oline was sorry,and his defenses were avg.. You got all upset with the truth, and started putting words in my mouth. lo

Mr. Right likes this

Well blame TD for those defenses... He still won a ROAD Playoff game, and put up 47 in the dome in the PLAYOFFS. Cant take that away from him..

I won't take that away from him and I loved and defended the guy almost to the day he went to jail but the last 2 years he hasn't been that good and that's most likely why he only got a 1 year deal. He's got to prove he can still stay healthy and play well

Very good oline?? Um ok. I guess that's why he was always running for his life..Ryan has had weapons Vick never had. Works both ways..But anyway. No need to go on and on about a non Falcon..

Mr. Right likes this