Moore To Pittsburgh

Guest fibonacci

Guest fibonacci

Only place he could look good at. Rodgers, Manning (Peyton), Brady, brees are three only other ones.

1. I still laugh at pox thinking moore could have looked good with cam. Lol that's funnier them me saying something stupid like sproless not getting a draft pick.

2. i don't see him breaking 300 yards this year.

Guest fibonacci

But i will say if it was old big ben, he could make him do 500. But Ben had lost a step after his last superbowl.

Lance Moore ran the routes and routinely got open. Brees didn't run the routes. Excellent hands guys. Moore was a good possession receiver and a great guy in the community as well, routinely working closely with the children in local hospitals. Classy guy all around.

Salary cap casuality.

Lance has always been a great receiver, especially when we needed it the most. The awareness on this catch to stretch out for TD while upside down on the biggest stage in the biggest game says it all. He was a cap casualty, but definitely not cut for lack of talent even though a slightly down year thanks to injury. Would have been a great addition for Panthers, can make those tough in traffic catches that Smith always found a way to make.

24-080081848final.jpg

Moore would have been good for Carolina IMO

he has great fundamentals and could have helped those inexperienced WRs the Panthers have

Who knows what Carolina's thinking? IT seems as if they have next to NO cap room, the way they're staying away from players. Maybe they'll make a move on Desean Jackson.

Who knows what Carolina's thinking? IT seems as if they have next to NO cap room, the way they're staying away from players. Maybe they'll make a move on Desean Jackson.

He'll cost a fortune though, unless he signs an extension with them.

Only place he could look good at. Rodgers, Manning (Peyton), Brady, brees are three only other ones.

1. I still laugh at pox thinking moore could have looked good with cam. Lol that's funnier them me saying something stupid like sproless not getting a draft pick.

2. i don't see him breaking 300 yards this year.

Another who obviosly has never watched Lance Moore run routes.As a fan, I hated to see him go.I'm not against him being released, but, I hate to see him go.

Guest fibonacci

Lance has always been a great receiver, especially when we needed it the most. The awareness on this catch to stretch out for TD while upside down on the biggest stage in the biggest game says it all. He was a cap casualty, but definitely not cut for lack of talent even though a slightly down year thanks to injury. Would have been a great addition for Panthers, can make those tough in traffic catches that Smith always found a way to make.

24-080081848final.jpg

yeah he can hit the routes. But he still has to have someone get him the ball. If the guy was amazing, he would be up there in yardage. Again I'll say he only got 400+ last year.

We shall see how it goes in pitt, but I'm going on he doesn't get over 350 for the year

Guest fibonacci

Another who obviosly has never watched Lance Moore run routes.As a fan, I hated to see him go.I'm not against him being released, but, I hate to see him go.

oh my bad didn't know someone would want to turn this thread into me being a jerk to saints.

Guess i should just agree and say brees sucks. Because clearly he only put the ball into moores hands and moore made brees look amazing. (rolls eyes). Is that how you want me to respond back to you?

oh my bad didn't know someone would want to turn this thread into me being a jerk to saints.

Guess i should just agree and say brees sucks. Because clearly he only put the ball into moores hands and moore made brees look amazing. (rolls eyes). Is that how you want me to respond back to you?

Man, you need to relax. Not every reply to one of your post or comment is a personal attack. All I was saying is, if someone thinks that Lance Moore needs a GREAT QB to be a steady WR, he obviously hasn't watched him play very often. He stats were down due to injury and Keny Stills. He lost out to youth, speed and the salary cap. Edited by DAT Fishing guy

Going by PFF grade, Moore ranked 51 out of 115 WRs that played at least 25% of all snaps! Ginn was just above him at 50th. In previous 2 years he ranked 15th and 22nd with avg yards of 12.7 YPC ('13)" , 16.0 ('12), and 12.1 ('11). Pretty solid guy but his $5M cap hit was too much for a guy that was like option 5 or 6 behind Colston, Graham, Sproles, and Stills.

Guest fibonacci

Question for anyone....

1. Do you think moore can do better in Pittsburgh with not having big name targets around him?

2. What will be his yardage?

3. Touch downs?

4. What will be his average yardage after the catch?

Lance Moore ran the routes and routinely got open. Brees didn't run the routes. Excellent hands guys. Moore was a good possession receiver and a great guy in the community as well, routinely working closely with the children in local hospitals. Classy guy all around.

Salary cap casuality.

I hated him, so...

...he must've been a great Saint...

Lance Moore was kinda like the glue for this offense, when he was healthy. He could get those tough clutch catches, pick up first downs, and every now and then burn someone for a TD. I hated to see him go.

Brees' TD streak would still be going though, had he caught an EASY pass in the endzone agains the Falcons. It's a pass he would have caught maybe 99 out of 100 times.

I will always remember him for the 2-pt conversion in the Super Bowl against the Colts. People seem to forget that that play put us up 7 points and that was before Porter's Pick-6 of Manning.

Again, I hated to see him go. I don't know if his down production was due to injuries, age, or both but it is better to get rid of a player 1 year too early than 1 too late. I wish him success unless and until they play us.

Edited by SaintsFanInLA

Guest fibonacci

Lance Moore was kinda like the glue for this offense, when he was healthy. He could get those tough clutch catches, pick up first downs, and every now and then burn someone for a TD. I hated to see him go.

Brees' TD streak would still be going though, had he caught an EASY pass in the endzone agains the Falcons. It's a pass he would have caught maybe 99 out of 100 times.

I will always remember him for the 2-pt conversion in the Super Bowl against the Colts. People seem to forget that that play put us up 7 points and that was before Porter's Pick-6 of Manning.

Again, I hated to see him go. I don't know if his down production was due to injuries, age, or both but it is better to get rid of a player 1 year too early than 1 too late. I wish him success unless and until they play us.

this guy meant a lot to y'all. Good to see y'all not bashing him after being cut. My hat goes off to y'all.

It still won't changer how i feel about his performance in the future. But good for you fans for being good.

I agree...wish the guy the best.

I just think the Saints are doing the right thing by letting go the players they did. I would be willing to bet that the Saints asked Moore to take a pay cut before releasing him with how thin we are at WR and he didn't want to.

The OP is being completely ridiculous, Moore is a good receiver. I recall in particular, an amazing catch he made in the back of the endzone versus the Ravens in 2010. That was just one of Moore's plays, he was a very good receiver. QBs do not make receivers, that's a complete crock. In plays like the sideline catches, QBs do have to throw it very accurately, but receivers also have to make a great catch. They still have to make plays, it's not like the QB "makes" them........................The concern though, is if he can be used in his role up in Pitts. If he's used like a number 1 receiver, he won't do so well however Antonio Brown is their number 1 up there so I doubt he will be. I guess we'll see how he's used, but they don't have Sean Payton up there so it may not be done as well.