Goodman Puts On 15 Pounds

The difference between his body fat and routines is probably light years different from a body builder. Kinda like comparing a cross fitter and a body builder. NFL isn't about the glamour muscles. My bodybuilder buddy spends hours isolating muscles, "curls for the girls as he calls it. Football work ours like Crossfit are much more focused on functional strength. So let's say his body fat went from from 10 to 13 percent, but his squats and cleans and deadlifts shot up in weight. That's functional strength . Who gives a rats bootie about a bit of gut if he's stronger

It sounds like we're in agreement. I said it could easily be done if it's 5 lbs muscle, 5 creatine pump, and 5 fat. That's going from 10 to 13 percent bodyfat (that'd actually be 8 lbs fat on Goodman) and then the rest like I laid out.

I was using bodybuilders as an example of people who devote themselves fulltime to muscular gain. But yes, it's not what I'd recommend for football players.

And I agree who cares if he gained 3% of bodyfat. In the real world, if you want to gain a lot of functional strength quickly, that comes with it. That's even exactly what I would have recommended to him if I had to lay out his plan.

I was just speaking to the person who said you can gain 15lbs of solid muscle in 3 months. That's just not how things work. If it did, you could take a 150 lb RB and turn him into a 210lb RB in one year. Just doesn't happen that way.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely. Look at those actors who put on the muscle for movie parts in an extrememly short time.

Actors do not have to take drug tests for their roles. They absolutely do take steroids. Not all of them, as most just need to get lean for a role, not necessarily gain mass. But actors that get brutish strength for a role absolutely use steroids. I would too for the amount of money they get for that role...

Good for Goodman but has anyone got any updates on konz? He's been reportedly living in the gym this off season I wonder where he's at weight and strength wise

we will see come training camp, I expect the whole O-line to come in with a chip on their shoulder this training camp and be fit and ready to prove people wrong. If anyone is out of shape cut their *** on day 1 of OTA's.

we will see come training camp, I expect the whole O-line to come in with a chip on their shoulder this training camp and be fit and ready to prove people wrong. If anyone is out of shape cut their *** on day 1 of OTA's.

I want to see what Holmes looks like compared to this time last season

It sounds like we're in agreement. I said it could easily be done if it's 5 lbs muscle, 5 creatine pump, and 5 fat. That's going from 10 to 13 percent bodyfat (that'd actually be 8 lbs fat on Goodman) and then the rest like I laid out.

I was using bodybuilders as an example of people who devote themselves fulltime to muscular gain. But yes, it's not what I'd recommend for football players.

And I agree who cares if he gained 3% of bodyfat. In the real world, if you want to gain a lot of functional strength quickly, that comes with it. That's even exactly what I would have recommended to him if I had to lay out his plan.

I was just speaking to the person who said you can gain 15lbs of solid muscle in 3 months. That's just not how things work. If it did, you could take a 150 lb RB and turn him into a 210lb RB in one year. Just doesn't happen that way.

All i know is-- and this is not really all i know-- is strength gains = size gains. Its hard to gain strength without changing ANY size

I just remember people saying he was too small and didn't fit as a 3-4 DE, even though TD said it when we drafted him and he played the role most of the season. The guy has the potential to be a pretty good 5T. I'd be willing to bet at 290 with Bryan Cox, he will be a good player next year. He was already tough to run against.

All i know is-- and this is not really all i know-- is strength gains = size gains. Its hard to gain strength without changing ANY size

Mostly agreed. You can gain strength through neural and tendon change without a lot of muscle change, but that gets far afield.

But yeah, were I getting someone to get bigger and stronger for football, it'd involve strength, gaining weight (both muscle and some fat), etc.

The only thing I was saying is you don't gain 5 lbs of solid muscle per month. I wasn't making a value judgement about the guy gaining some fat. If I were, I'd be all for it. He needs to hold up, and create push, not accelerate and bend around the corner, so a few extra pounds isn't going to be a problem.

I'd like Tuitt. He's one of those rare 3-4 DEs who can also add legit pass rush from the position. He'd be very valuable in our transition.

I'm really hoping we end up with this guy. Just have the feeling he's going to be a top-tier player when it's all said and done. He would fit great in Nolan's multischeme approach because he can play tackle and end.

Yeah we agree, unless there's some winstrol and decabolin in them shakes lol