Goodman Puts On 15 Pounds

That's exactly what that means.

This plan that we're seeing come into fruiting isn't just developing since promoting a guy to OLB coach and bringing in obvious 3-4 Free Agents. We've been drafting with this transition in mind since Nolan came here in 2012.

Still, I think we have room for another 3-4 DE rookie, if the right one is there. I think Tuitt would be the right one (acknowledging that there are a lot of other possibilities in the 2nd round that would also help the team, perhaps in more desperate areas), since he'd not only set a great edge, help to clog the middle, and defend the run; he'd also add some rush from the RDE position, which is often lacking from 3-4 DEs.

the way they are converting players, I think they will focus on either OLB and/or NT in the draft. I think they had Matthews bulk up last year as well
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto. Ayers is identical size to Goodman IIRC. But I still would prefer to have Ayers over Osi,Matthews,Jerry. Talk about getting some quality depth. Just not sure of 1) his contract demands and 2) would his contract demands warrant the amount of snaps he would get.

Yea that's what I am wondering. But his market does not seem all that strong, he was a part-time player last season and I expect Osi to be gone and Biermann to be given the pay cut or walk ultimatum. I just hope we can work something out with him, because that would be a potent DL rotation and top 5 run D easily.

Yea that's what I am wondering. But his market does not seem all that strong, he was a part-time player last season and I expect Osi to be gone and Biermann to be given the pay cut or walk ultimatum. I just hope we can work something out with him, because that would be a potent DL rotation and top 5 run D easily.

Yeah well i saw him ranked above Tyson Jackson as a 3-4 DE so i am sure he would want something somewhat close to what Tyson got. In my opinion, i'd cut Osi and Matthews and use Osi cap space to sign him.

He had 5.5 sacks last year too. So he is not slouch as a pass rusher either.

And yeah that D line rotation/depth would be ******** good.

Yeah well i saw him ranked above Tyson Jackson as a 3-4 DE so i am sure he would want something somewhat close to what Tyson got. In my opinion, i'd cut Osi and Matthews and use Osi cap space to sign him.

He had 5.5 sacks last year too. So he is not slouch as a pass rusher either.

And yeah that D line rotation/depth would be ******** good.

Yea both he and Jackson seemed like the lights finally turned on at the end of the season. Ayers did most of his damage from like week 12 or 13 on, once Von Miller went down. And Jackson got all 4 of his sacks his last 5 games IIRC. I'd offer Ayers $5-6 Mill. Ayers at weak side DE across from Jackson with Soliai in the middle… MAN!!! And the flexibility to shift around in our even fronts. I really hope this move happens...

He was decent already as an undersized DT/ 34 DE

last season...he was very disruptive up the middle Nolan knew right where to put him and I believed he was gonna be valuable next year at 34 DE BEFORE THIS NEWS, which is even better.

I think its safe to say our front 3 is set, don't look for much in the DT dept...unless a very late NT is taken maybe

you can gain that by taking care of your body, lifting weights, eating healthy, drinking plenty of water, taking supplements.

yeah you can if you are just starting out and going FULL BEAST MODE EVERY DAY EATING TONS

if your frame is 6'4" it's got to be easier to put on weight since there is more mass for it to grow atop. it's not a crazy number it's a good sign

15 lbs in about 3 months?!

He better make sure his pee is clean.

This is of course assuming it's all muscle mass

He was 276 coming out of collage, with a pro- workout schedule i would say he ended the season at about 280+, my guess is he only really had to add about 7 or 8 lbs to reach 290

Yea both he and Jackson seemed like the lights finally turned on at the end of the season. Ayers did most of his damage from like week 12 or 13 on, once Von Miller went down. And Jackson got all 4 of his sacks his last 5 games IIRC. I'd offer Ayers $5-6 Mill. Ayers at weak side DE across from Jackson with Soliai in the middle… MAN!!! And the flexibility to shift around in our even fronts. I really hope this move happens...

Yeah buddy. Dude can play DE in both fronts too. The only piece we would have to add on the D line would be a backup NT like Kerr in the 4th-5th. Thats a crap ton of lineman though. Oh well we can always dream.

the way they are converting players, I think they will focus on either OLB and/or NT in the draft. I think they had Matthews bulk up last year as well

I could see that as well. Those are the bigger holes, but I think Tuitt may be the BPA for our system, and it still is somewhat of a need. Depends on our drafting approach this year.

As far as an NT this year, I like DaQuan Jones a LOT. He could go anywhere from our 3rd to (possibly as late as) our 4th. There are a lot of OLB/LEO DE options this year. Outside the first round, I like Van Noy, Attachou, Marcus Smith... and Michael Sam, especially if he falls far enough (among a few others).

you can gain that by taking care of your body, lifting weights, eating healthy, drinking plenty of water, taking supplements.

Really?

Granted I haven't focused on adding muscle since college but I recall adding 10 lbs of muscle took a long time when doing it naturally.

15 lbs in 3 months seems to be pushing it.

Just curious, do you know this from personal experience or from things you've heard?

I really like that Goodman put on that weight, I really feel like in a 3-4 he's going to be a player who shines as a DE and one who gets some solid pressure and is solid at stopping the run. I also think who ever is the OLB on his side is going to benefit from Goodman being bigger and stronger as well.