Why Not Kerry Rhodes?

Rhodes is not Decoud 2.0. Rhodes could ball.

As far as his sexuality goes, the only thing a player does with his body that I care about is if he uses it to makes plays on the field.

Over 30 and a year out of the league though...not promising. But if he can still play like he did in 2012, then he's an upgrade.

You want to bring in the best talent available and that you can afford to sign, but you also have to refrain from grabbing these 30-plus vets as standard operating procedure. All that does is create a revolving door situation where you're looking to fill the same holes every off-season. We really need to put the emphasis on youth right now.

Rhodes is not Decoud 2.0. Rhodes could ball.

As far as his sexuality goes, the only thing a player does with his body that I care about is if he uses it to makes plays on the field.

Over 30 and a year out of the league though...not promising. But if he can still play like he did in 2012, then he's an upgrade.

I agree but I do always wonder who in the locker doesn't and how it will affect them

Just say no to Michael Sam & Kerry Rhodes, we dont need the extra attention.

What does this mean? Seattle did just fine with ALL the world's attention on them. If you can play, you can play..... No Superbowl Team has EVER been derailed by too much attention. Just another excuse for homophobia! This board's tolerance is low!

What does this mean? Seattle did just fine with ALL the world's attention on them. If you can play, you can play..... No Superbowl Team has EVER been derailed by too much attention. Just another excuse for homophobia! This board's tolerance is low!

Sam is overhyped strictly because of his sexuality and just flat out underwhelming on tape and had a bad combine. Rhodes is a year removed from the league at a position where our best bet would be to go young.

Sam is overhyped strictly because of his sexuality and just flat out underwhelming on tape and had a bad combine. Rhodes is a year removed from the league at a position where our best bet would be to go young.

This I can agree with... this does not explain the "Extra Attention" comment and frankly it sounds like the bullshot southern coaches said about playing black players back in the day, no need to speak up for another grown poster....let him answer on his on!

Wouldn't mind Rhodes at all as long as he is still in shape. Sam was SEC DPotY, so his tape must not be that bad, but I agree that the combine and pro-day have both gone pretty badly for him as far as looking slow and clumsy. I agree with the poster above that a Super Bowl team won't be distracted by media attention or anything else. If we allow anything to have a negative impact on us, we weren't a Super Bowl caliber team in the first place.

This I can agree with... this does not explain the "Extra Attention" comment and frankly it sounds like the bullshot southern coaches said about playing black players back in the day, no need to speak up for another grown poster....let him answer on his on!

Please do not compare the equality of blacks from past years and modern treatment of homosexuals. Two ENTIRELY different things. Let's stop it there.

Please do not compare the equality of blacks from past years and modern treatment of homosexuals. Two ENTIRELY different things. Let's stop it there.

Sorry the standard black conservative church answer won't work on me because guess what buddy I'm black and I love women. Doing call em likei see em. Please don't come with the you can hide being gay argument, because many of our race hid being black and even created an unofficial caste system based solely on skin color that existed even within the civil rights movement!

We can et deep in here or we can just judge these players based on their abilities on the field!

Lol I'll leave the fictional term "homophobia" alone, all I'll say is it's quite perplexing how "liberals" are for all kinds of "tolerance", until someone voices an opinion different than the one they've been given, and they become the most intolerant people around.

Words like tolerance shouldn't be used when trying to force beliefs onto other people.

As for Rhodes, we don't have a FS so if he can still play it might be worth checking out but the league forgets about you pretty fast when you're out of it.

Sorry the standard black conservative church answer won't work on me because guess what buddy I'm black and I love women. Doing call em likei see em. Please don't come with the you can hide being gay argument, because many of our race hid being black and even created an unofficial caste system based solely on skin color that existed even within the civil rights movement!

We can et deep in here or we can just judge these players based on their abilities on the field!

Well as a black man you should know that homosexuals have never publicly been denied service by establishments, never not had the right to vote, and didn't have to use separate bathrooms than others. I'll stop there since this is a football forum even though its quietly being turned into a platform for the left wingers to sound off when they hear the slightest mention of gays.