Schuab Traded To The Raiders

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jags are

Jags not passing up a QB.

How? Mack's best fit is as a 3-4 OLB. He can play in a hybrid scheme but a pure 4-3 does not take advantage of his full skillsets because, unlike the opinion of some here, he is not a 4-3 DE at the next level and the Raiders run a 4-3.

I don't think it really matters because players get drafted for wrong schemes all the time.

The Raiders need O-linemen. They just signed Woodley and Tuck, they aren't hurting for pass rushers.

I hope your right.

Edited by Skareffect

Anyone that believes there is not at least a good chance that the Jaguars skip the QB in the first round of 2014 is really not familiar enough with what the Jaguars are as an organization now and going forward.

I am not 100% certain that they skip the QB in the first but I am 99% certain that they will, unless they can perhaps get Bortles at #3.

The likelihood is they either take Clowney or Mack; if both of those guys were gone as #1 and #2 then the choice might be Bortles. I just happen to believe that for what that defense is being built to be that they take one or the other.

Anyone that believes there is not at least a good chance that the Jaguars skip the QB in the first round of 2014 is really not familiar enough with what the Jaguars are as an organization now and going forward.

I am not 100% certain that they skip the QB in the first but I am 99% certain that they will, unless they can perhaps get Bortles at #3.

In that case, it's possible that Bortles lands at #3. Texans could very well draft Clowney.

Draft is coming down to who Texans take .

Texans take Bortles / Manziel * I think he is play for them/ Clowney

whoever they take will start the trigger effect

Texans take Bortles

Falcons trading up to 2 for Clowney

Texans take Clowney

Rams start pondering what to do . They might reach for Watkins here

Jags take Mack

Browns take Bridgewater or Manziel

Raiders take Greg Robinson

Falcons are held with either Matthews , Barr or trade down

Matthews imo would be the better choice. Robinson isn't as experienced at pass protecting and isn't really experienced at RT. Matthews is. I also wouldn't be surprised if Barr is taken here if Mack is gone.

Edited by Skareffect

1) Texans are taking a QB - PERIOD. If Bill O'Brein has his way, I believe that QB will be Blake Bortles. You cannot have a team that has all the major pieces needed - except QB - pass on a potential franchise guy in Bortles. O'Brein is very familiar with Bortles and Bortles has the size, arm and athleticism that can be developed in O'Brein's offense. The well renowned Texans beatwriter and ol'timer - John McClain - says unequivocally that the Texans are taking a QB - I know us Atlantans are not used to a beatwriter that knows what he is talking about - but McClain does and he has a better feel for Texans than all these national media types. If the Texans did not need a QB they would be a threat to take Mack as he would fit perfectly in their defense - but Texans will take QB

Verdict: NO MACK

2) The Rams have one of the better defenses in the NFL - statistically they were only #15 last year but that is with an inept offense so the Rams D was on the field too much. The biggest need on the Rams defense is at safety but there is no value in taking a safety at #2 overall. The Rams needs reside primarily on offense. While we could debate whether the Rams need a QB, they appear resolved to hanging with Sam Bradford for at least one more year - maybe more and he gets re-signed if he has a good year. I believe this 2014 Draft(outside of safety) will be about shoring up this offense - so Les Snead/Jeff Fisher can get the best read possible on Sam Bradford. While the Rams have drafted a lot of receivers in the last 3 years - they still do not have a #1 receiver. To me, the most logical pick for the Rams at #2 is Sammy Watkins. I also believe the Rams would like to improve the offensive line - while Jake Long is coming back off injury, I wonder how much confidence the team has in him - especially after watching what happened to him in Miami. To those that have not followed Jake Long closely - think of a guy that is better than Sam Baker - but has had the same up, down, up, down, down, down type of years and who cannot be counted on to stay healthy. Also, Roger Saffold was re-signed but the Rams like him better at guard. So you have Jake Long(who cannot stay healthy) and Barksdale who is nothing special. I could easily see Rams signing Greg Robinson or Jake Matthews. Jeff Fisher was Jake's dad's coach in Tennessee/Houston as well.

Verdict: No Mack

3) The Jaguars primary need is a QB - this team has no leader and nothing to build around - you also cannot market a team in a small market like Jacksonville with no real QB. However, I could see the Jaguars eschewing the QB position for a marquee player at another position. The Jags drafted a left tackle in 2013(Luke Joekel) so they will not be drafting another offensive linemen at #3 (Matthews/Robinson). The Jags drafted Justin Blakmon two years ago - and, when healthy and out of trouble - shows real promise - so no WR (Watkins). The Jags could use a stud pass-rushing 4-3 DE and Clowney would be the pick here. I see Clowney or one of the three QBs if the flavor that Dave Caldwell likes is available.

4) The Cleveland Browns - they already have a very good defense which was ranked #9 statistically last year - yet they could not sniff a win in the back half of the NFL season last year. The defense is not the problem. This team has a legit All-Pro #1 WR in the emerging star - Josh Gordan - and a very, very good young tight end in Jordan Cameron. The offensive line has two superstars in Joe Thomas and Alex Mack(who looks like he will return). This team needs a QB and only a QB. Could the Browns GM get someone like Derek Carr at #26? maybe - but when you let the top 3 QBs go to other teams - who is to say that some other team like the Cardinals won't take Carr at #20? who is to say that some other NFL team won't jump right in front of you and draft Carr - its a "play chicken" type of strategy that is not conducive to this franchise getting better. This team must take a QB at #4 or trade down 5 spots or so and then take a QB. If Browns wanted to take Sammy Watkins, let's say, at #4 - then they would probably have to package their #26 pick and 2nd round pick to move up to get Carr, Bridgewater or Manziel

5) The Oakland Raiders..This team runs a 4-3 defense and has no weapons on offense - quick, name me the Raiders WR corps and Tight End? Is Matt Schaub the answer at QB? No, he is a caretaker until they can replace him. I believe that QB, WR and maybe OT are the spots that GM-Reggie McKenzie will look.

6) The Atlanta Falcons - they will be able to choose from Khalil Mack, one of the offensive tackles (Greg Robinson/Jake Matthews) and Anthony Barr.