Would You Be Happy If We Could Turn Hd Into Jeff Janis And Jerick Mckinnon?

DatWerkk

Simple yes or no question.

I don't necessarily expect that signing Hester means HD is expendable, because Hester is probably not good enough to be a #3 WR, but I think there's a good chance that for money reasons alone we might want to part with HD for a 5th-ish round pick.

So let's say that happened, and let's say that gave us the flexibility to draft Janis with our original 5th round pick to give us a 4th or 5th WR and then use the additional pick we get from a HD trade to draft McKinnon to give us yet another return option as well as a potential replacement for Quizz as #2 RB.

Personally I think I might be okay with this. If nothing else I'd probably be happy rolling into the season with Julio/Roddy/Johnson/Hester/Davis as our WR core so anything on top of that would be gravy. But I'm curious what you guys think.

i remember a receiver on this team that had pretty terrible hands when he first arrived

I remember Roddy White used to attempt to catch with his hands and could not handle 100 mph fastballs from Vick. I remember Alge Crumpler was the only receiver who could consistently handle Vick's passes (Even Finn had some drops). I also recognize that Janis is a body catcher with small hands who has a small catch radius and plays weak. The only thing similar to Roddy is his size speed combo. Do not kid yourself...

Ellington, Bruce.

WR is incredibly deep in this draft. Which means one of two things.....either some very very good WR talent falls to the later rounds OR, teams stock pile WRs, pushing down other positions with good depth.

So let's wait to see what the draft brings and then decide.

Also....Bruce Ellington.

I think he is pretty underrated. Definitely a million times more explosive than HD. To me he seems like a better version of Chad Bumphis who i wanted last year to be a potential slot WR.

I think he is pretty underrated. Definitely a million times more explosive than HD. To me he seems like a better version of Chad Bumphis who i wanted last year to be a potential slot WR.

He's tough as nails, fast, explosive with good hands. I don't see any reason why he can't be Randall Cobb with an outside chance at being Steve Smith.

In a normal year I'd be afraid that the increased emphasis on slot receivers would cause him to jump up the board. But given the huge number of draftable guys likely to have a chance at playing outside, I think theres a real chance he falls a bit. If he's there in Round 4, he's a must pick at the top of the round. If he's there in round 3, he's definitely worth consideration depending on Rd 1 and 2.