Wr Hester To Play The Slot?

Anyone know if he signed on as a WR?

Obviously, he can fulfill other postiions, but I wonder what his official position on the roster is, per his contractual agreement.

Also did he play in the slot at CHI. I know he had a few pretty good years, but not sure if they played him inside or outside the numbers.

He still has burst, so the 3-year deal isn't that alarming, but another good deal financially to see if we can squeeze out everything left in the tank.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see it. DJ will have another year with Ryan in camp. I think he's got skills.

I'd love to see Johnson become something.

I would still like Cone or Davis to get some more looks.

-- They are both longer and I'm betting they have better hands...

If so Hester should still be buried on the WR chart. DJ and even DD are better as receivers.

Yeah I agree, I'm just thinking you could devise 10-15 plays using Hester in the slot and he could serve as a distraction, if nothing else, to hit a deepball to Julio.

I'd take that bet. DJ was picking some balls out of the air he had no business making the completion last year. Of course he missed a few too. I just think after JJ and Roddy he has the best hands out of our WR group.

I'd take that bet. DJ was picking some balls out of the air he had no business making the completion last year. Of course he missed a few too. I just think after JJ and Roddy he has the best hands out of our WR group.

Oh my bad, dude, 420...

I was trying to say I bet they (all) have better hands than HD does...

Promise me, unless Devin Hester improved he won't be any good as a Wide Receiver. The guy has horrible hands when it comes to making a catch in traffic. He usually played out wide and tried to burn guys..only to then drop an open pass.

If the Falcons are looking for a young slot receiver with dependable hands look no furthe than Hester's old teamate Earl Bennett who the Bears recently cut.

Promise me, unless Devin Hester improved he won't be any good as a Wide Receiver. The guy has horrible hands when it comes to making a catch in traffic. He usually played out wide and tried to burn guys..only to then drop an open pass.

If the Falcons are looking for a young slot receiver with dependable hands look no furthe than Hester's old teamate Earl Bennett who the Bears recently cut.

Wow, Earl Bennet is a UFA?

I always liked him.

Hate to break it to you but Cone's gone mate. Heading to Carolina for a visit last i heard.

Yeah I agree, I'm just thinking you could devise 10-15 plays using Hester in the slot and he could serve as a distraction, if nothing else, to hit a deepball to Julio.

Yes, this is his role i would imagine. A few gimmick plays, maybe a distraction to keep defenses honest... that's all he needs to or should be at this point.

Harry Douglas has better hands in traffic?

Sorry dude, but I disagree. Harry Douglas is great when the game doesnt matter. Anytime you really need a 1st on 3rd and 12, you can be sure he will drop the ball. I welcome any change at slot receiver, regardless of a fluke 1k season due to injury and no run game, when no game mattered after October.

Hate to break it to you but Cone's gone mate. Heading to Carolina for a visit last i heard.

Yes, this is his role i would imagine. A few gimmick plays, maybe a distraction to keep defenses honest... that's all he needs to or should be at this point.

I had read Cone was going up there, ****.

Yeah, hopefully Hester still has the quickness to demand honest coverage from defenses.

Harry Douglas has better hands in traffic?

Sorry dude, but I disagree. Harry Douglas is great when the game doesnt matter. Anytime you really need a 1st on 3rd and 12, you can be sure he will drop the ball. I welcome any change at slot receiver, regardless of a fluke 1k season due to injury and no run game, when no game mattered after October.

Yeah, HD's hands have never been good.

On top of that, I'm not trying to trash the guy, but he just never looked right out on the field, looked uncomfortable or out of place to me.

-- His route-running has never been good, he just had speed, but only mid-high tier.

Wow, Earl Bennet is a UFA?

I always liked him.

Yes, he is..and I guarentee he will be the steal of free agency when all is said and done. I am an actual Bear's fan and the guy had some of the best hands on the team. Before the team acquired Marshall and Jeffery, he was the only wr I would trust on 3rd down. He just fell out of place, yet still had 4 TD's this year.