Two More Free Agents

I would probably take "the writing is on the wall" and sign Robert Ayers. Not known for pass defense, but was pretty good last year in terms of what we were able to do.

Mostly, Chris Clemons. There are still a couple of folks who could stand to find a new team other than here. Serve them walking papers and lets boogie to some Marvin.

I hope to see that first move happen. He could work well in our DL rotation and would have a very similar role as he did in the Broncos scheme. He also has experience as a 3-4 DE and OLB. Not to mention, he is also still relatively young. Having him and Tyson Jackson would be interesting. Both are good run defenders and showed last season that they are coming into their own as pass rushers now. Not 10 sack guys, but I think both are a little underrated in that department due to the expectations that accompany being a first round pick. But since we did not draft either, they can both get fresh starts.

Edited by RedTUS12

You guys may be right about being done. Its just going to be a mess. Say we take an OT in the first, then a FS in the second, then what kind of pass rusher in the third?

You guys think I'm kidding. After Kareem Martin in the second? There are NO DE's left worth having.

As far as OLB, you drop off after Attaochu in the late 2nd, early 3rd...then maybe some scattered gems. So then what?

You guys may be right about being done. Its just going to be a mess. Say we take an OT in the first, then a FS in the second, then what kind of pass rusher in the third?

You guys think I'm kidding. After Kareem Martin in the second? There are NO DE's left worth having.

As far as OLB, you drop off after Attaochu in the late 2nd, early 3rd...then maybe some scattered gems. So then what?

This is why i want Mack to be our #1 pick. We can get good safeties and RT's in the 2'nd, 3'rd, maybe even 4'th.

Pass rusher? Not so much.

This is why i want Mack to be our #1 pick. We can get good safeties and RT's in the 2'nd, 3'rd, maybe even 4'th.

Pass rusher? Not so much.

Same deal. We need pass rusher to start out. We keep procrastinating on that over and over. The last DE we took in the first was JA98...that was 7yrs ago.

Trade the #6 pick to get two 1sts if can. If not get Clowney/Barr/Mack and another pass rusher Attaochu/Marcus Smith in the 2nd

I like the Matthews and a pass rusher in the 2nd idea as well though

Just can't get down with the Matthews and Robinson hype. Even if they are any good...the drop off for pass rushers is fast and severe.

I think we are done in FA until after the draft. I could see us save a little cash to be able to grab a few veterans late if needed

People were saying this same thing before we signed Arenas...

I am so tired of TD acquiring 28+ year old guys in FA...

Let's get young, athletic and tough in the trenches for once!

Bruh most UFAs coming off their first contract are 27-28...

Just can't get down with the Matthews and Robinson hype. Even if they are any good...the drop off for pass rushers is fast and severe.

Can't get down with Robinson at all. We need a great/potential pass blocker. I don't see that in Robinson (I see him being an elite run blocker) I change my thought every day but I am starting to think like you the more and more veteran pass rushers get signed to other teams. Get two potential stud pass rushers in the 1st and 2nd (Clowney/Barr/Mack in 1st, Attaochu/Smith/Murphy

and hope a solid 2nd round value OT falls in the 3rd (Mewhort/Richardson/Henderson)

Can't get down with Robinson at all. We need a great/potential pass blocker. I don't see that in Robinson (I see him being an elite run blocker) I change my thought every day but I am starting to think like you the more and more veteran pass rushers get signed to other teams. Get two potential stud pass rushers in the 1st and 2nd (Clowney/Barr/Mack in 1st, Attaochu/Smith/Murphy

and hope a solid 2nd round value OT falls in the 3rd (Mewhort/Richardson/Henderson)

Rd. 1 Mack

Rd. 2 Shazier

Rd. 3 Ja'Wuan James

That's my wish list. James may actually be a better fit at LT. He is a plus pass protector and would have started at LT for almost any other team at the college level. But instead, he bookended Tiny on the right side. I think he'd be a good fit and would give Baker a good camp battle for that LT spot, even as a rookie.

I would probably take "the writing is on the wall" and sign Robert Ayers. Not known for pass defense, but was pretty good last year in terms of what we were able to do.

Mostly, Chris Clemons. There are still a couple of folks who could stand to find a new team other than here. Serve them walking papers and lets boogie to some Marvin.

I hope that you're right, signing Clemons would be huge and alter our draft possibly. If we got him we could go OT at 6 (Matthews or Robinson), grab a guy like Tuitt (5tech body) or go back to back edge rushers with van noy in 2nd and attachou or smith in third. That would allow us to take a guy, you and I both like, in Huff in 5th or 6th and develop him as a long term FS

Been screaming for Ayers for a while +1 on this thread ole buddy. Once we signed Tyson i immediately wanted us to go after him as well. Pass rush is actually his strongsuit. I believe he had 5 sacks this past season which is a good amount for a 3-4 DE. Him and Tyson being bookends in our 3-4 would be great. He also has the versatility to play LDE in our 4-3 alignments as well as interior rush in that alignment too.

I don't think it happens cause we are bringing back guys like Jerry and have yet to make any cuts (Matthews maybe Osi). If we do sign him then we can actually start talking about having really good depth. He was ranked above Tyson out of the FA DE rankings so he may would ask for a similar deal to Tyson. Not sure if we are going to want to do that or not. I really really hope so though.

Edit: Alex Carrington is another guy i am interested in. Not sure his contract demands though.

Edited by Clark Kent™

Been screaming for Ayers for a while +1 on this thread ole buddy. Once we signed Tyson i immediately wanted us to go after him as well. Pass rush is actually his strongsuit. I believe he had 5 sacks this past season which is a good amount for a 3-4 DE. Him and Tyson being bookends in our 3-4 would be great. He also has the versatility to play LDE in our 4-3 alignments as well as interior rush in that alignment too.

I don't think it happens cause we are bringing back guys like Jerry and have yet to make any cuts (Matthews maybe Osi). If we do sign him then we can actually start talking about having really good depth. He was ranked above Tyson out of the FA DE rankings so he may would ask for a similar deal to Tyson. Not sure if we are going to want to do that or not. I really really hope so though.

Edit: Alex Carrington is another guy i am interested in. Not sure his contract demands though.

I like ayers a lot. Carrington is a decent 5 tech that can play multiple positions, but I'd rather draft a guy than get him