g-dawg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

one thing I have never understood about Devin Hester's career is why he was not good at either Cornerback or Wide Receiver. You have to have good hands to be a kick returner and the #1 prerequisite to play cornerback is speed.

It is a mystery wrapped up in an enigma......why has Hester's career only been successful on special teams? why?

one thing I have never understood about Devin Hester's career is why he was not good at either Cornerback or Wide Receiver. You have to have good hands to be a kick returner and the #1 prerequisite to play cornerback is speed.

It is a mystery wrapped up in an enigma......why has Hester's career only been successful on special teams? why?

Yeah that is really strange. I think it was just looked over due to how exciting his return game was.

You have to be smart to be a CB in the nfl. Behind QB, it's probably the next most cerebral position. Instincts can make a you a great returner, but not always a great CB. Instincts are just one of the many traits required as a CB.

I'll preface this by saying I'm always super suspicious of people who claim such-and-such football player is dumb, but...

The story I remember hearing back when Hester converted to WR is that the Bears were having a really hard time getting him to learn the play books (offense and defense both, I think) and that he couldn't grasp the concepts.

For our sake I'm going to hope those rumors were false.

No one but the coaches know wtf we got planned for him. Supposition bores me.

No offense, but why bother with message boards then? There's nothing wrong with what you just said, but aren't message boards nothing more than breeding grounds for supposition?

To be fair, his "best" season numbers wise wasn't that far off from Harry's as a #1 and he caught for more TD's.

I'll preface this by saying I'm always super suspicious of people who claim such-and-such football player is dumb, but...

The story I remember hearing back when Hester converted to WR is that the Bears were having a really hard time getting him to learn the play books (offense and defense both, I think) and that he couldn't grasp the concepts.

For our sake I'm going to hope those rumors were false.

It's a shame we don't still have Mularkey or Knapp, then. He could learn those offenses in an afternoon.

typical D-Led.....

the headline says this but there is not one detail in the article talking about the contract. Dear Lord, please don't tell me Dimitroff paid $4mm/yr to Hester. I'm glad we got him but that is ridiculous if we paid him that much.

http://www.ajc.com/s/sports/

The journalist rarely makes the headline. The editor or some other reviewer does that. They are often sensationalized to drive sales.

typical D-Led.....

the headline says this but there is not one detail in the article talking about the contract. Dear Lord, please don't tell me Dimitroff paid $4mm/yr to Hester. I'm glad we got him but that is ridiculous if we paid him that much.

http://www.ajc.com/s/sports/

Dled's article is titled:

Devin Hester agreed to terms with the Falcons