For All The Clowney Nay Sayers

You guys, including Merrill Hodge are just flat out wrong. There is only one player in this draft worthy of going No.1, and it's Clowney.

I watched every game he played, attended practices and am friends with his DL coach who is now at UF. Clowney is a once in a generation player. He was the only player in the country that the entire game plan revolved around scheming specifically against him. Opponents held him constantly for 3 years, they ran away from him, sped up the game with no huddle, to get the ball out quicker.

At one point during the season an analytical guy said that when Clowney was on the field, QBs were throwing the ball faster than the fastest NFL QB was, something like 2.2 seconds post snap.

Yes, his numbers were down, he was bing coached by a new DL coach that probably didnt strike the fear of God in him like coach Lawing did. But make no mistake about it, Clowney impacted games. He made the guy next to him, Kelcy Quarles a 1st team All American.

I've only seen Clowney blocked by one guy once, and that Was Taylor Lewan, who I personally think is the best LT in the draft. Matthews is a RT and Robinson is still too young to make an impact.

Mack played at Buffalo, Clowney went up against future NFL guys every week and dominated them. All the anti-Clowney talk is nonsense.

Clowney does things you can't coach and has a physical skill set and football acumen that comes along once every 20 years. If he falls to 6, that means 5 GMs should be fired.

None of these QBs are worthy of being a top 5 pick, teams will over reach once again. Clowney is the clear No.1 pi k in this draft.

Now, I'm not one of those guys that want Clowney that bad, but I just don't get all the hate. The term, "freak of nature" is thrown around WAY too much, but Clowney truly deserves to be labeled with that term. I think Clowney will have the last laugh whether he drops in the draft or is the number one pick.

lol more at Lewan being the best LT in the draft.

Lewan is the best LT as far as being an immediate impact guy. I love Robinson as an upside guy, but he is not the polished pass blocker Lewan is. Robinson has played in a run first, gimmick offense. He is very gifted athletically, but he will not be ready to start day 1 in my opinion.

Hoge seems to hate all the "supposed" top talent. he went in on Manziel too...a few years ago he went in on SCam. LOL! Hoge is an angry man...

To be fair both have large bust potential.

Cam, well... draw your own conclusions on how that turned out.

I was surprised at how hard Merril Hoge went in on Clowney. He basically said that Clowney was very poor in his football fundamentals, add that to his work ethic, whoever drafts him will be very disappointed. ,

You know what they say...."practice makes perfect".....ohhhhh, that's right, he doesn't like practice. If you do some quick math, makes total sense he has poor fundamentals.

3 sacks last year......college offensive coordinators figured him out. Wait until NFL offensive coordinators watch the film.

Clowney himself is quoted as saying he didn't practice hard his first 2 years. This sends the clownettes heads spinning and they claim its rumor, yet Clowney himself said this in an interview!

Lewan is the best LT as far as being an immediate impact guy. I love Robinson as an upside guy, but he is not the polished pass blocker Lewan is. Robinson has played in a run first, gimmick offense. He is very gifted athletically, but he will not be ready to start day 1 in my opinion.

Matthews (right now) is infinitely better than Lewan.

You know what they say...."practice makes perfect".....ohhhhh, that's right, he doesn't like practice. If you do some quick math, makes total sense he has poor fundamentals.

Clowney himself is quoted as saying he didn't practice hard his first 2 years. This sends the clownettes heads spinning and they claim its rumor, yet Clowney himself said this in an interview!

so an 18 and 19 year old Clowney said he didn't like to practice. Fascinating stuff right there.

that's not what he said, go back and read it again.......

I don't like filling my gas tank up, but I still do it.

in your previous reply you said "ohh, he didn't like to practice" that's what you said. He didn't practice hard cause he didn't like practice. So obviously when he turned 20 he got smarter when it comes to that. So he matured a little. Seems like he is going in the right direction

You guys, including Merrill Hodge are just flat out wrong. There is only one player in this draft worthy of going No.1, and it's Clowney.

I watched every game he played, attended practices and am friends with his DL coach who is now at UF. Clowney is a once in a generation player. He was the only player in the country that the entire game plan revolved around scheming specifically against him. Opponents held him constantly for 3 years, they ran away from him, sped up the game with no huddle, to get the ball out quicker.

At one point during the season an analytical guy said that when Clowney was on the field, QBs were throwing the ball faster than the fastest NFL QB was, something like 2.2 seconds post snap.

Yes, his numbers were down, he was bing coached by a new DL coach that probably didnt strike the fear of God in him like coach Lawing did. But make no mistake about it, Clowney impacted games. He made the guy next to him, Kelcy Quarles a 1st team All American.

I've only seen Clowney blocked by one guy once, and that Was Taylor Lewan, who I personally think is the best LT in the draft. Matthews is a RT and Robinson is still too young to make an impact.

Mack played at Buffalo, Clowney went up against future NFL guys every week and dominated them. All the anti-Clowney talk is nonsense.

Clowney does things you can't coach and has a physical skill set and football acumen that comes along once every 20 years. If he falls to 6, that means 5 GMs should be fired.

None of these QBs are worthy of being a top 5 pick, teams will over reach once again. Clowney is the clear No.1 pi k in this draft.

He's got a million-dollar body and a 10 cent head. I'll take Mack and you can have all the Clowney you can eat.

I'm sorry I couldn't read this post, all I could see was some lazy kid's balls in some internet forum user's mouth