With All The Signings (Never Seen Them This Active).....

With all the signings and them making a strong commitment to bringing back last years starters, to me it looks like they are positioning themselves to target a player again, make another one of those bold moves. They brought back pretty much all last years starters, all the ones who were free agents anyway, they cut Nicholas, Decoud, and added Soliai, Jackson, Asamaoh, Arenas, Hester, and Carimi. Never seen them this active in free agency before, usually its 2 at the most, thats 6 guys plus our starters.

In saying that I think he might just move up above 6 for a specific player, with the moves they made in free agency resigning Johnson and Hawley, adding Carimi and Asamaoh, Baker's paycheck and there thoughts they've expressed about Holmes, and them adding a brand new O-line coaching staff I just can't see them targeting OL higher than 6. It's too much cost for a LT financially, 6 by itself is too high for a RT so there definitely not moving up with intentions of picking up one.

In saying this, it's really down to 2 players in my opinion, Clowney or Mack. It's almost impossible to know the costs or how far they would need to move up, who knows but for this scenario I estimate it would take our 2 and 4, maybe a mid to late round pick next year.

So....

1. Jadeveon Clowney DE/OLB or Khalil Mack OLB/DE

3. Demarcus Lawrence OLB/DE- Boise ST

5. Antone Exum CB/S- Virginia Tech

5. (comp) Joe Don Duncan TE- Dixie ST

6. James Wilder Jr RB- Florida ST

7. Zac Kerr DT- Delaware

7.(comp) Jacob Pederson TE- Wisconsin

7. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB/DE- Colorado ST

Edited by datchrisb1

U want to settle for a 5th round safety starting?

At this point i see us going hard offense this year. I could see us trade back and go safety and TE with our first two picks then OT with our extra second. We have already invested so much in the defense that too much more will be either wasted roster spots or cut before the preseason

we still need a few starters and we can use all the depth we can get at multiple positions. I'd be shocked if we trade up

Ideally we come out of this draft with starters at OT, OLB, FS and competition/depth at TE, RB, CB, ILB, NT, OG, DE, WR, FB

thats 12 positions, we're projected to have around 10 picks.

Edited by Romfal

At this point i see us going hard offense this year. I could see us trade back and go safety and TE with our first two picks then OT with our extra second. We have already invested so much in the defense that too much more will be either wasted roster spots or cut before the preseason

Football is played from the inside out, all this hoopla about a freakin* S, we need to get the point of attack above average first and the safeties will be better anyway, plus TD has already stated that they believe in Motta as our starter, he is capable, you don't CUT Decoud if you don't believe in the next guy stepping up, don't care how things are you don't cut your current starter if there ISN'T ANYONE to fill in, plus YES Exum is a starter also in my opinion. I really want to throw my arms up sometimes and be like F a safety, stop the run rush the passer get concerned about that! I don't see us going hard offense, maybe later, but I can't see the first 3 picks being TE, S, and OT, especially given the fact that they invested mostly in the O-line during the offseason and the relative scheme change, still no pass rushers and lack of true 3-4 OLBs. I mean Massaquio I don't know, outside of Biermann and Maponga, thats it, and the way Maponga played last year, I got my fingers crossed about his development. F a safety, get concerned about the players close to the ball.

Just flipping it, to the offense, that's like us having problems running or protecting the passer and we go out and spend a high pick on a WR. If we protect the passer and are able to rush, have a balanced offense I don't care where you picked those WRs up at in the draft, they will work just fine! Look at the current Super Bowl champs... F a safety man, if we get that line straight, them safeties will be okay, round 5, or Motta and all.

Well I think the activity in FA is the fact the Jones trade has finally caught us luckily they have cleared the cap space to add depth and improve from last year. IMO with the defense we run I still think Donald may be the guy we target in the 1st just a hunch based on how these people have drafted in the past. Donald can go inside or outside so he has the flexibility that Nolan likes it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. Either way we are in a very good position considering the FAs we added and the depth of this draft at positions we still need to address. Can not wait to see how it all goes.

Just flipping it, to the offense, that's like us having problems running or protecting the passer and we go out and spend a high pick on a WR. If we protect the passer and are able to rush, have a balanced offense I don't care where you picked those WRs up at in the draft, they will work just fine! Look at the current Super Bowl champs... F a safety man, if we get that line straight, them safeties will be okay, round 5, or Motta and all.

we have 7 DEs on the roster 5 DTs yet you think we will invest in more linemen? Maybe on the offensive side. I can see us going after a top linebacker but i doubtthey go after a DE or DT, i can almost guarantee safety will be taken in the first three picks unless a vet is signed. Motta just had spinal surgery and please post this link where dimi likes motta as the starter.

I actually think we're doing the opposite. Looking to trade down, get more picks to fill holes. We're visiting with Barr who shouldn't be top 10...and a lot of others in that range. But the fact that they haven't even considered a S or LT tells me they either plan on drafting an LT at 6 and a S at 37. Biggest needs easily. Or we plan on trading down to grab all 3 in the first two rounds.

A team with one of the greatest needs for an OT signs no one but vet min type guys, the season after paying their QB 120mil and watching him get pummeled and harrassed. There is no doubt they are confident they will be able to fill that hole in the draft. And TD has come out and stated he messed up by "projecting" that players would be ready. So anyone saying Johnson/Carimi/Holmes are who we are gonna count on hasn't been listening.

Sometimes the simplest answer is the right one. It's gonna be Matthews or Robinson in the first.

we have 7 DEs on the roster 5 DTs yet you think we will invest in more linemen? Maybe on the offensive side. I can see us going after a top linebacker but i doubtthey go after a DE or DT, i can almost guarantee safety will be taken in the first three picks unless a vet is signed. Motta just had spinal surgery and please post this link where dimi likes motta as the starter.

Tried finding it, I can say that he said it at his presser when the season ended for us, he was one of the guys he stated stepped up well for us, and he also said it on Rich Eisen's podcasts. I watched all the one's that had his name associated with it, but I couldn't find the one I was thinking about. In either case, nobody is saying specifically in lineman, the 2 picks you have fault about are OLBs, not D-lineman. I'm saying, take care of the front first, but I guess me and you think differently...

Me the further away from the ball you are, the less important you really are in the grand scheme of things. We have 7 DEs okay, it still holds true what I said UNLESS YOU DIDN'T UNDERSTAND, out of that 7 we have 2 3-4 OLBs outside of Massaquio, I don't know about him, Biermann and Maponga (still crossing my fingers for Maponga). And out of that 7, we have 3 3-4 DEs maybe if Matthews qualifies, he didn't play well at all at 295lbs last year, I would say 2 3-4 DEs. Osi we already know from watching last year that dropping isn't his thing. Thats 2 DEs, 2 OLBs, the rest are really 4-3 restricted. Its good our DTs can play end as well, but like I said we need the pass rushers as in plural, F a safety! If you ask me whats more important a pass rusher or a safety. I will tell you F that safety get the pass rusher everytime. Maybe you think differently, that's cool, everybody has there opinions. And what you really don't realize, outside of maybe Ed Reed, Eric Berry, or Earl Thomas, 95% the safeties you think so highly of were 4th round picks or below. And there is no Reed, Berry, or Thomas in this draft. The next group of safeties after that are all 4th round and below guys majority...

To me, a strong front will equal good safety play...

F a safety man, thats all I'm saying...

http://www.nfl.com/v...ne-Special-2014

but, this one still isn't the one I was looking for....

And again, you don't CUT YOUR CURRENT STARTER IF THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOBODY BEHIND HIM!!!

Edited by datchrisb1

A team with one of the greatest needs for an OT signs no one but vet min type guys, the season after paying their QB 120mil and watching him get pummeled and harrassed. There is no doubt they are confident they will be able to fill that hole in the draft. And TD has come out and stated he messed up by "projecting" that players would be ready. So anyone saying Johnson/Carimi/Holmes are who we are gonna count on hasn't been listening.

Sometimes the simplest answer is the right one. It's gonna be Matthews or Robinson in the first.

He signed vets because he stated he miss evaluated the readiness of the O-line as a whole to work as a unit. For Ryan to be kept up right, the O-line needs to function well as a unit. That's specifically why they went after vets and probably not youth. He did get pummeled the whole year, in the beginning because of constant moving pieces on the front, once Holmes was able to be set at one spot on the front, he played at a starter level. TD also stated this, like you said sometimes the simpliest answer is the right one. The real hole we had was at RG, Asamaoh solves that, and 6 is too high for a RT, Baker is making too much money not to be on the field, Holmes is a starting RT says your GM.

Just like the other guy on here, I looked for the footage. He stated to Mike Mayock and Eisen on the set during the senior bowl if kept in one spot Holmes is a starting RT, and he is. When he was kept at LT last year, especially towards the end of the season, he played at a starter level. He isn't a swing guy, but he is a starter.

Now, before I get misunderstood here, I'm not saying they don't pick OT at 6, I'm saying given a choose between players at 6 OT will be last in my opinion.

Edited by datchrisb1

Really? After all the FA we signed to fit the 3-4? No way! Were definitely getting Mack and picking an OT in the second round. Much more depth at OT than LB in this draft.