Bruce Irvin-Trade Idea

VaderMan

I read the idea on BR a while back. It makes sense to me now. If the Seahawks are willing to listen...Trade for Bruce Irvin to be our vet OLB in the 3-4 formation. His rookie year he got 8 sacks. Last year he got just two. He was moved from DE to OLB when the Seahawks signed Bennet and Avril. He was to small to play DE and teams ran at him with success.

He does not fit a 4-3 DE, nor does he fit 4-3 OLB. At 6'3 248 with 4.5 speed and pass rushing as his greatest asset, he fits the 3-4 OLB best!. He was drafted in the 1st round, 15th over all. He is a great talent but clearly not worth that. I would offer the Seahawks at the most a 2nd, or something like two 3s. Maybe a 3 this year and next years 3. I would even through in HD, they can use a WR after losing Tate, and cutting Rice.

And of course we either take Mack at 6 or trade back with a team in the 10-12 area. Take Barr and that trade should net a 2nd round pick. We could end up with this:

OLB - Irvin

ILB - Spoon

ILB - Worrilow

OLB - Mack or Barr

To have that LB core in 3-4 is worth surredering two 3s or a 2, IMO.

I will be happy if we just add a vet edge rusher to accompany whom ever we select at 6. If we dont add one before the draft, I would love to see a trade for Irvin!

I like the concept of multiple rush threats. Don't like giving up a 2nd, but if the Seahawks would do it to swap positions with us in the 2nd and 3rd...

Mack

Irvin

Antonio Richardson

Ed Reynolds

That's enough of a haul for my money.

You like the concept of multiple edge rushers but dont want to pay the price lol. Irvin isnt worth where he was drafted 15th over all, but he isnt a cheap acquisition either. He is well worth a 2nd rounder. I would try for 2 thirds.

YES!!! I wanted Bruce when he was coming out of West Virginia!!

I can say the same, but he had some baggage. This regime (in their perfectness) dont allow for young people to have made a mistake before joining their franchise. We have all nice guys, including the coaches...which is 33% of the reason we dont win BIG

I'd rather trade for Dion Jordan. I don't want to give the Seahawks any more picks.

I'd rather trade for Dion Jordan. I don't want to give the Seahawks any more picks.

I would also like this. I read the Phins were shopping him at some point. He would be a welcomed addition as well.

You like the concept of multiple edge rushers but dont want to pay the price lol. Irvin isnt worth where he was drafted 15th over all, but he isnt a cheap acquisition either. He is well worth a 2nd rounder. I would try for 2 thirds.

I'm not so sure I would give up a 2nd for Irvin. There are alot of good OLB for a 3-4 in this draft. I personally am a huge fan of Van Noy and he would provide to be a great rushing threat.

Switching 2nd and 3rd rounders is worth 400 pts on a draft value chart, or the equivalent of the 50th pick. Moves the Seahawks up a total of 55 spots in those two rounds, but doesn't cost any picks. Seahawks have a good roster already, so the better quality picks will appeal to them.

I read the idea on BR a while back. It makes sense to me now. If the Seahawks are willing to listen...Trade for Bruce Irvin to be our vet OLB in the 3-4 formation. His rookie year he got 8 sacks. Last year he got just two. He was moved from DE to OLB when the Seahawks signed Bennet and Avril. He was to small to play DE and teams ran at him with success.

He does not fit a 4-3 DE, nor does he fit 4-3 OLB. At 6'3 248 with 4.5 speed and pass rushing as his greatest asset, he fits the 3-4 OLB best!. He was drafted in the 1st round, 15th over all. He is a great talent but clearly not worth that. I would offer the Seahawks at the most a 2nd, or something like two 3s. Maybe a 3 this year and next years 3. I would even through in HD, they can use a WR after losing Tate, and cutting Rice.

And of course we either take Mack at 6 or trade back with a team in the 10-12 area. Take Barr and that trade should net a 2nd round pick. We could end up with this:

OLB - Irvin

ILB - Spoon

ILB - Worrilow

OLB - Mack or Barr

To have that LB core in 3-4 is worth surredering two 3s or a 2, IMO.

I will be happy if we just add a vet edge rusher to accompany whom ever we select at 6. If we dont add one before the draft, I would love to see a trade for Irvin!

So in your hypothetical, the Falcons would have no one competent to block for Ryan, and you would leave the Falcons who are already extremely thin on talent and depth, even thinner.

Makes perfect sense to me. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Objective Critic

this part confused me

"His rookie year he got 8 sacks. Last year he got just two. He was moved from DE to OLB"

so he was better as DE?

He was a situation pass rushing DE during his rookie year because he was only 230lbs and could not handle defending against the run.

He was switched to Sam OLB and now has beefed up to about 250-255LBs.

So in your hypothetical, the Falcons would have no one competent to block for Ryan, and you would leave the Falcons who are already extremely thin on talent and depth, even thinner.

Makes perfect sense to me. rolleyes.gif

Not getting an OT in the 1st round does not mean that the can't find a decent OT in the other rounds of the draft or in FA after many other players are released.

Not getting an OT in the 1st round does not mean that the can't find a decent OT in the other rounds of the draft or in FA after many other players are released.

Actually it does or at the very least makes it EXTREMELY difficult. Plus Ryan has no one competent to block. That means both tackles need to be replaced.

Actually it does or at the very least makes it EXTREMELY difficult. Plus Ryan has no one competent to block. That means both tackles need to be replaced.

The Falcons will not replace Baker in the near future because of his contract.

A 1st round OT is okay but it is not the only option when it comes to solidifying Ryan's protection.

Don't exactly have to go OT in the 1st.