Lache Seastrunk Pro Day

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

his issue is catching the football. Baylor never threw him the ball - is it because he cannot catch or just the way the offense was run?

we need to find out. I'm fine w/ Seastrunk and his running talent - if he can be a really good pass catcher as well. You cannot have these "run only" guys being your starting RBs in today's NFL.

his issue is catching the football. Baylor never threw him the ball - is it because he cannot catch or just the way the offense was run?

we need to find out. I'm fine w/ Seastrunk and his running talent - if he can be a really good pass catcher as well. You cannot have these "run only" guys being your starting RBs in today's NFL.

The Pats did with Blount/Ridley. They just supplemented it with Vereen.

Agreed. Love what Turner and Gonzo brought to the table, but the offense was hampered by Turner's complete inability to catch the ball and Gonzo's lack of ability to stretch the field at all. Got to have a RB who can catch the ball.

The Pats did with Blount/Ridley. They just supplemented it with Vereen.

I'm torn on this subject. One one hand, a RBBC can be effective and work well. On the other hand, sometimes it takes a bruiser RB all game to really get going. 25-30 carries into a game is when guys like Michael Turner make their money. I think, if implemented correctly, either system can be successful.

Agreed. Love what Turner and Gonzo brought to the table, but the offense was hampered by Turner's complete inability to catch the ball and Gonzo's lack of ability to stretch the field at all. Got to have a RB who can catch the ball.

Turner not being able to catch the ball, thats a misconception.

What might have been the longest play we had during the regular season in 2012, was Turner catching a pass and rumbling downfield for 60 or 70 something yards.

If we wanted Turner running routes, we should have called his number more often.

What might have been the longest play we had during the regular season in 2012, was Turner catching a pass and rumbling downfield for 60 or 70 something yards.

If we wanted Turner running routes, we should have called his number more often.

More like a toss than a pass really

Turner was a horrible receiver, one good pass play out of a 9 year doesn't change that.

Nah, he can catch quite well actually. It was the latter. The Baylor offence didn't require him to catch the ball often.

Nah, he can catch quite well actually. It was the latter. The Baylor offence didn't require him to catch the ball often.

yeah, i was agnostic on the subject - did not say Seastrunk could not catch - just saying he didn't in college. if positional drills and workouts show he is a good pass-catcher - then I think he is a viable option.

yeah, i was agnostic on the subject - did not say Seastrunk could not catch - just saying he didn't in college. if positional drills and workouts show he is a good pass-catcher - then I think he is a viable option.

Yeah, he didn't drop a ball the entire combine:

Dude works hard, he would never neglect something like pass catching that can be improved by just taking reps!