Devon Hester Just Said He Thinks He's About To Be A Falcon

Falconwhit

...What? Every team in the league pays coin for multiple guys on their team that can only do one job, what the **** are you talking about?

Ok, who? Outside of punter's and kickers and backup QB's who's getting paid $2mil to do one job? Don't let me forget about long snappers.

Edited by ltstorm2

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, who? Outside of punter's and kickers and backup QB's who's getting paid $2mil to do one job? Don't let me forget about long snappers.

Dude, there are players in this league getting paid $100M to do one job. Unless I missed the part where Matt Ryan is getting reps at Safety.

Edited by Shothead

Dude, there are players in this league getting paid $100M to do one job. Unless I missed the part where Matt Ryan is getting reps at Safety.

Yeah Franchise QB's are worth the $17M-$20M a year. A guy that can only return punts is not worth $2,000,000 a year.

Harry Douglas isn't very good and as a #3 had extremely similar numbers to Hester that had 26 more starts. Douglas also has done something in his first year of being a #1 that Hester never did...reach 1,000 yards. Hester's never broken 800 as a starter. I don't even like Douglas that much but he's a better receiver than Hester is.

Lol you look at all that and think the only point I'm trying to make is that Hester isn't much worse than HD??????? How????????? How do you do that???????????

And if he returns 3-4 punts for TDs and continuously puts the offense in good field position? What's that worth?

Oh the "if" Game. Ok, what if he doesn't return a single punt for a TD something that has happened 3 years out of his career? In 2012 he had 40 PR opportunities and returned ZERO for TD's. Also remember we "supposedly" don't have good blocking so how is it a player who's getting long in the tooth is supposed to tie his best years with 3-4 TDs?

Lol you look at all that and think the only point I'm trying to make is that Hester isn't much worse than HD??????? How????????? How do you do that???????????

I didn't. You didn't point out anything that made Hester to seem worse than HD. You're trying to tell us that Hester is much better than HD and that's just false and like I said, I'm not impressed with Douglas.

I didn't. You didn't point out anything that made Hester to seem worse than HD. You're trying to tell us that Hester is much better than HD and that's just false and like I said, I'm not impressed with Douglas.

Again, you fail to realize that a "bad" WR like Hester has had 8 more TDs than Harry, while scoring more return TDs than Harry has scored total TDs. I'm not saying Hester is the next Julio, I'm saying Harry sucks. Hester isn't a good WR, but his production is the same, if not better than HDs, AND he's the best return man of all time.

Again, you fail to realize that a "bad" WR like Hester has had 8 more TDs than Harry, while scoring more return TDs than Harry has scored total TDs. I'm not saying Hester is the next Julio, I'm saying Harry sucks. Hester isn't a good WR, but his production is the same, if not better than HDs, AND he's the best return man of all time.

Andre Johnson has never had 10 TDs in a season. Players have other ways of being productive. HD was the 4th look on this team. Buying in on Hester is paying for past accomplishments.

Hester's production and HD's production is nowhere near the same. Hester as a starter never topped 800 yds EVER even being the #1 or #2 receiver. Douglas does suck. Hester sucks even worse. Hester only has "8" more TD's when he also had "26" more starts over Douglas. Hester couldn't hold Douglas' jock and Douglas sucks. Tony G is supposedly the best TE of all time, but we didn't get the production out of him like his early years.

Let me put it to you like this. Douglas' production as a #3 or #4 receiver is better than Hester as a #1

If Hester is putting us at the 25-30 yardline almost everytime he returns a kickoff and every once in a while breaks a 40+ or a TD return.. He is worth 2m. Easily. Field position is a HUGE part of football. Not to mention his abilities as a punt returner and the fact we can use him for our screen game that we love so **** much.

SIGN THE MAN

Hester's production and HD's production is nowhere near the same. Hester as a starter never topped 800 yds EVER even being the #1 or #2 receiver. Douglas does suck. Hester sucks even worse. Hester only has "8" more TD's when he also had "26" more starts over Douglas. Hester couldn't hold Douglas' jock and Douglas sucks. Tony G is supposedly the best TE of all time, but we didn't get the production out of him like his early years.

Let me put it to you like this. Douglas' production as a #3 or #4 receiver is better than Hester as a #1

In addition(using 2012 as an example), our big 3 put up 1000 more yards than the Bears top 3 receivers. The slice of the yardage pie is much smaller for a 4th option in Atlanta.

Andre Johnson has never had 10 TDs in a season. Players have other ways of being productive. HD was the 4th look on this team. Buying in on Hester is paying for past accomplishments.

He's still a top5 returner in the league. That would be his only job here.

Dude, Douglas hadn't topped 500 yards until this past season..... their production is almost identical (Hester has more TDs) before 2013/2014. And AGAIN, I'm saying that Hester is here to return the ball and is still not that much worse than the team's current #3.

And Hester was never a #1 WR. Ever.