Man I Like Timmy Jernigan

MSalmon

2nd round selection, every player that was slated for the later rounds cannot move up to the second round just because he does well in shorts and tennis shoes. I promise it happnes every draft people get selected later than what the concensus is on this board. I wouldnt mind having him but with the additions of Jackson and Soliali I dont think we draft a DT in the 1st two rounds.

@ his draft slot id rather have louis nix. think about it. a selection of nix does two things. one, it gives us an extremely valuable rotational nt to go with solali (solali only plays 50-60% of snaps) and two, imagine solali and nix as the two dts in our 4-3 sets. whos gonna run on us?

It also gives us a guy who can take over for Soliai if age catches up to him in a hurry and we need to cut him. Pure NTs are few and far between so having a young one is always a good idea.

@ his draft slot id rather have louis nix. think about it. a selection of nix does two things. one, it gives us an extremely valuable rotational nt to go with solali (solali only plays 50-60% of snaps) and two, imagine solali and nix as the two dts in our 4-3 sets. whos gonna run on us?

Well we have no shot at Nix but there is a chance Jernigan falls to second. I still don't want him although he would be a good player.

2nd round selection, every player that was slated for the later rounds cannot move up to the second round just because he does well in shorts and tennis shoes. I promise it happnes every draft people get selected later than what the concensus is on this board. I wouldnt mind having him but with the additions of Jackson and Soliali I dont think we draft a DT in the 1st two rounds.

True. I'd not be angry we grab him with second, he can actually play an active NT ala Jason ferguson

I like nix too. But Jernigan is an uncommonly stout guy for 305 (pro day weight)...he lined up at the NT several times at FSU in a 34...an active stout NT can be just as good than sheer mass

if hes there in the 2nd, which he wont be, sure. Otherwise if we somehow trade down to 15-20 and the safeties are gone, sure.

I doubt he'll be there in second. Agree if trade down be great pick. I don't think we've been linked to him. I just like the player

Absolutely. There is a decent.chance.he is there at our second.

Agree with this if I'm honest the only DT we'll look at is a guy to back-up Soliai and the 3 and 5 techs in my eyes are now off the board for us.

I like him alot, but I don't believe he will be able to consistently line up at NT. But then again, if we drafted him he wouldn't just be a NT. He would play DT and DE. I'd be more than happy to take him or any DT. I would be pumped if we traded back and took Louis Nix even though the pick may not warrant him because he will rotate with Soliai for the most part.

I like him alot, but I don't believe he will be able to consistently line up at NT. But then again, if we drafted him he wouldn't just be a NT. He would play DT and DE. I'd be more than happy to take him or any DT. I would be pumped if we traded back and took Louis Nix even though the pick may not warrant him because he will rotate with Soliai for the most part.

I agree. He'd see a myriad of positions on the DL