Totally Off The Radar

There are a few guys out there that I just don't see anywhere.

There are a couple of guys I wouldn't mind seeing us bring in as UDFA- or 7th rd comps if we don't want to compete for them. They'd most likely offer almost nothing at their position, but could really get our ST back where it should be- especially returns.

A couple who I don't see much on here are:

Chris Davis, CB, Auburn. He's not totally under the radar, but I don't see him mentioned much on the boards here. He would offer legit depth at CB, but more importantly, he averaged 18.71 yards per punt return. He could still be there with our 5th.

Jalen Saunders, WR, Oklahoma He might offer something in the slot, but dude is tiny at 5'8" 165lbs. I think he's strictly a returner, but a good one, averaging 15.4 per punt return. I've seen projections anywhere from 5th round to UDFA.

Then there are a couple who just aren't on the radar at all:

Josh Stewart, WR, OK St This guy is making a mistake coming out this year. He had a really productive SO year, but was injured this year. He might offer something as a reserve or at best 3rd WR, but again, I'm interested in his PR ability. He averaged 16.73 yards, with 2 TDs. He might get drafted late in the 7th, but more likely will be UDFA.

Brelan Chancellor, WR, N TX This guy wasn't even invited to the combine. 5'8", 186, at least he has some thickness to hold up to some hits. He averaged 16.08 with 1 score. Total UDFA.

Add yours...not return men, but I'm also interested in guys who'd give a little depth, while making real impact on ST.

Another potential "diamond" is the CB from Rice, Phillip Gaines.

the cbssports scouting report on him is total BS... I've watched film on him and the guy has ton of potential as a "in your pocket" cover guy (similiar to Trufant and Alford). He has some of the best feet and hips in the entire draft class. And speed to burn.

the cbssports scouting report on him is total BS... I've watched film on him and the guy has ton of potential as a "in your pocket" cover guy (similiar to Trufant and Alford). He has some of the best feet and hips in the entire draft class. And speed to burn.

I like that guy. Super fast. Supposedly very smart player. I think he's projected as a 4th to 5th rounder, so I don't know that he's totally off the radar, but he's certainly a dark horse to produce more than expected out of Rice. Do you happen to know if he has PR experience? He has the speed to be good for it.

Latimer may be another who's underrated, but on radars- supposed to be a 5th rounder.

John Urschel G Penn st all academic

Jeoffrey Pagan DL Alabamba

Raijon Neal RB Tennessee

Maybe not totally off but Bruce Ellington WR South Carolina he has family already in the nfl

I've had Urschel as a 7th in some of my mocks. I like him a lot. I think once he is an NFL professional, focusing only on football full time, he'll excel.

Pagan I think would be a perfect back up for Tyson Jackson. Dude made a serious mistake coming out this year. I'd use a comp 7th or try to get him as a UDFA. Might be a guy to hide on the PS for a year. I think he's exactly what we're looking for on the DL- a DE in a 3-4 who can move inside for 4-3 looks.

Don't know about Neal. I like his size & speed. It sounds like he's a threat in the passing game. Do you know what he contributes on ST? For a 7th rounder, he'd have to add something there.

I've had Urschel as a 7th in some of my mocks. I like him a lot. I think once he is an NFL professional, focusing only on football full time, he'll excel.

Pagan I think would be a perfect back up for Tyson Jackson. Dude made a serious mistake coming out this year. I'd use a comp 7th or try to get him as a UDFA. Might be a guy to hide on the PS for a year. I think he's exactly what we're looking for on the DL- a DE in a 3-4 who can move inside for 4-3 looks.

Don't know about Neal. I like his size & speed. It sounds like he's a threat in the passing game. Do you know what he contributes on ST? For a 7th rounder, he'd have to add something there.

Only seen highlights but guy has good vision and does not go down on first contact. I say kick returner for sure.

As an Indiana fan, I can say that Cody Latinate is very good and I do believe he could be successful here. He is a big wr that also has speed for deeper routes. I think he could really do well working under roddy, who he reminds me of, to fill in as roddy later. He came out early this year and would likely be a 1st or 2nd round pick next season.

Caleb Lavey-ILB Oka St. 6-3/235

4.64 (tied as fastest 40 time out of 46 ILB prospects per cbs.sports)

per http://www.okstate.c...vey_601885.html

Started every game at linebacker and was an unquestioned leader of the defense ... Lead the team in total tackles with 93 (70 solo stops) and tackles for loss with 13 ... Ranked second on the team with four interceptions (tied for 2nd most in NCAA by all LBs) ... Tied for the team lead with three forced fumbles (tied for 3rd most by Lbs) ... He is also fourth on the team with 2.5 sacks on the year and was credited with one pass breakup ..

3 time Academic All Big 12. 39 Game starter.

2013 First-Team All-Big 12, Associated Press

2013 Second-Team All-Big 12, Coaches

2013 Second Team Capital One Academic All-American

Edited by AEFalcon

Caleb Lavey-ILB Oka St. 6-3/235

4.64 (tied as fastest 40 time out of 46 ILB prospects per cbs.sports)

per http://www.okstate.c...vey_601885.html

Started every game at linebacker and was an unquestioned leader of the defense ... Lead the team in total tackles with 93 (70 solo stops) and tackles for loss with 13 ... Ranked second on the team with four interceptions (tied for 2nd most in NCAA by all LBs) ... Tied for the team lead with three forced fumbles (tied for 3rd most by Lbs) ... He is also fourth on the team with 2.5 sacks on the year and was credited with one pass breakup ..

3 time Academic All Big 12. 39 Game starter.

2013 First-Team All-Big 12, Associated Press

2013 Second-Team All-Big 12, Coaches

2013 Second Team Capital One Academic All-American

we need to be finding guys in the 245+ range that are 6'2" or guys that fit that ht/wt ratio type. the odd front defense needs bigger ILBs.

I understand the need for bigger LBs but in a defense that plays multiple fronts in pass happy league it is also important to have LBs that have speed and drop back in coverage. We have already interviewed ILBs that are smaller than Lavey: Christian Jones, FSU 6-4/234;Jack Tyler VT 6-0/230.

I think he fits the thread of "off the radar"/"Special Team aces" & I also think he could warrant late round interest by Falcons as a LB that could play multiple LB positions/roles as well as ST starter.

Edited by AEFalcon

I understand the need for bigger LBs but in a defense that plays multiple fronts in pass happy league it is also important to have LBs that have speed and drop back in coverage. We have already interviewed ILBs that are smaller than Lavey: Christian Jones, FSU 6-4/234;Jack Tyler VT 6-0/230.

I think he fits the thread of "off the radar"/"Special Team aces" & I also think he could warrant late round interest by Falcons as a LB that could play multiple LB positions/roles as well as ST starter.

Absolutely. I was just reading about him, and he sounds like he'd be a good grab, and would have the kind of attitude you'd need on ST. Besides, at 6'3" I'd expect him to be able to get to the 250 lb neighborhood without losing much if anything, athletically. Plus, some of these guys could be stashed on the PS without much threat of anyone grabbing them from us, until they get to the point they could contribute.

I am for stocking up on guys who were productive in college, and have a knack for making impact plays, but who might need a little time to develop. Just get them into camps and see what happens. If they don't pan out, no harm no foul.

^^^This....getting him in the fifth would be a great pickup...and add depth to the return game as well..