If The Falcons Were Picking First This Year, And We Needed A Qb...

Which qb prospect would you take?

Personally i am not impressed by any of them. Blake bortles is the closest thing for me. On path to the draft last night they even said the same thing and mentioned matty ice and gave him props as a franchise qb.

I think i would gamble on a later round qb and try to figure out how to come up with a way to make the team better with as little risk as possible.

Who would you take and why? Remember jamarcus russell?

None of the QB's truly impress and make me think they are once in lifetime picks. I would draft Clowney or Mack depending on what type of defense I'm running and take a QB in the 2nd round. Like Derek Carr.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnny Manziel, without a doubt. He has the mentality, the rifle arm, the playmaking ability and the 'it' factor when it comes to leadership. Not to mention, if I'm QB shopping, it's a pretty good bet I have ticket and merchandise sales issues, and Johnny Football will be an instant fix for those things. Love him or hate him, everybody tunes in to see him play.

Only if he wins. If he cant win, he wilk be booed out of town.

Johnny Manziel, without a doubt. He has the mentality, the rifle arm, the playmaking ability and the 'it' factor when it comes to leadership. Not to mention, if I'm QB shopping, it's a pretty good bet I have ticket and merchandise sales issues, and Johnny Football will be an instant fix for those things. Love him or hate him, everybody tunes in to see him play.

Rewind back to 2001 and you would hear the same about MV7...no thanks, I'll pass.

Edited by nomak

Rewind back to 2001 and you would hear the same about MV7...no thanks, I'll pass.

No doubt, that scenario would be playing itself out again, nomak. And while Vick's record was spotty to say the least, there is no doubt that he accomplished exactly what ownership wanted prior to the events of 2007. He brought explosive playmaking ability, a mentality that made everyone rally around him on the team, even when his passing ability declined, and he had the big arm, and from day one, he put butts in the seats, and skyrocketed ratings for every Falcons game. Not to mention, his jersey was the top seller for years among players.

Love him or hate him, you had to tune in to see him. That's what a team needs when they have no identity at the #1 position in sports.

Honestly If I was one of these QB needy teams I'd ask the Bucs what they want for Mike Glennon.

Well the Falcons sure made him look like a HOF player, that is for sure.

His stats are pretty good too. But if his year was so promising, I wonder why the Bucs are looking at a QB in the first round.

Where all the guys that swear three qb'$ will be taken before us at 6? I have only heard bridgewater from two people and they didnt even seem like they meant it.

I'm right here. Two of these guys will go before the Falcons pick, maybe all 3. If one doesn't make the top 5, I think it will be Bridgewater.

Yeah breaking the total offense record as a Freshman in the SEC while accounting for 47 TDs, leading the SEC in rushing, and winning the Heisman Trophy will do that for a guy. Bring hype I mean.

Yep, it worked for jamarcus russell. Just sayin. He is the last one i would take.

Lol. I think those teams are taking to big of a risk and wont do it. But we shall see.

What's a bigger risk? Drafting Johhny Manziel or going into the season with Chad Henne or Matthew McGloin as your starting QB?

Yep, it worked for jamarcus russell. Just sayin. He is the last one i would take.

JaMarcus Russell did none of those things.

Lol. I think those teams are taking to big of a risk and wont do it. But we shall see.

But where is the risk? You've got three teams that have been irrelevant for years. Three teams that have known commodities at QB. It's not like this is a "dumping Alex Smith for Kaepernick" gamble....this would be taking whichever QB you like instead of sticking with the obvious non-answer that you've had for the last year or two.

In fact, the argument is actually that by NOT taking a QB, those three teams would be taking risks greater than actually taking the QB. Because these three guys certainly have the possibility of being at least average NFL starters...with upside. By NOT taking any of these guys, the Jags know they're going to get ****** QB play from Henne and they take the risk that any (or all) of these guys become viable NFL starters.

They've really got nothing to lose. Some opportunity cost for other available players I guess....seems like a small price to pay.

But where is the risk? You've got three teams that have been irrelevant for years. Three teams that have known commodities at QB. It's not like this is a "dumping Alex Smith for Kaepernick" gamble....this would be taking whichever QB you like instead of sticking with the obvious non-answer that you've had for the last year or two.

In fact, the argument is actually that by NOT taking a QB, those three teams would be taking risks greater than actually taking the QB. Because these three guys certainly have the possibility of being at least average NFL starters...with upside. By NOT taking any of these guys, the Jags know they're going to get ****** QB play from Henne and they take the risk that any (or all) of these guys become viable NFL starters.

They've really got nothing to lose. Some opportunity cost for other available players I guess....seems like a small price to pay.

Ding Ding Ding Ding.

By the way, guys have to stop using Jamarcus Russell as the "yeah but look at him" guy when hating on Manziel. Bad comparison.

If you are going to take that route, the guy to use is Tebow.

I think it is still ridiculous, but at least you have some real similarities in accomplishments to draw from.