Spring Practice Thread

Dawgfanbrock

Im still here... i just have no idea whats really going on at practice. I need some guys that are there to tell me whats going on.. ajc is useless hah

anyone have any news? anything positive with how spring practice is going or how the past weekends recruiting went

uhh I don't know what all's been discussed here, but I'll just spit out all I can remember:

• Gurley looks good
  • Marshall looks good
  • QB order is Mason, Bauta, Ramsey, Park
  • MM26 is out for the spring with a hammy... groan
  • Douglas is huge and could easily be our FB
  • Langley and Swann are running with the Ones
  • Wiggins is not
  • Mauger and Moore are also running with the Ones
  • Johnny O'Neal is an OLB after dropping 20 lbs
  • Bostick turned ILB, as many predicted during his recruitment, but he's got a smallish knee thing atm... expected back before the end of the week
  • Toby Johnson is starting on the DL along with Mayes and Drew
  • JSW is running again
  • Jay Rome is hurt, but new TE Quayvon seems to play the part well. Fluid and running good routes from the sounds of it.
  • Your OL for the moment from left to right is Theus, Beard, Andrews, Kublanow, Houston
  • Key backups are Dantzler at OT, Pyke, Cardiello in the interior

Seems Rome is destined to always be hurt, he will probably play less than 10 games for us in his career. So much potenial too, it was a huge haul when we got him over Clemson.

I think Douglas will be moving to FB in the future with Chubbs and Sony coming in, as well as Turman coming off a redshirt. If he can run block, he would be an upgrade over Hall.

Im glad Langley is staying, he will need to improve, leaps and bounds, off of last year. He was burnt toast every game (I know he was a FR)

I heard Pruitt is letting the players pick their positions at the start. He said he would change them if he needed to though.

Edited by Ronaldo77

I heard Pruitt is letting the players pick their positions at the start. He said he would change them if he needed to though.

He did some interesting things with the positions at FSU last year. Looking forward to seeing how he puts some of our guys in. Really stinks that JHC couldn't stay out of trouble. Oh well.

Anything from the scrimmage yet?

Heard that Mason looked sharp but the back ups not so much. Offense was 4 for 4 on goal line situations. Gurley had 3 rushes, for 14 yds, Douglas had 8 rushes for 36 yds, Turman had 10 carries for 20 yds. Shaq had a pick 6 while JJ Green and Reggie Carter had 7 tackles each. Conley had 2 receptions for 54 yds both were touchdowns. Edited by Pollack4Heisman

Me neither- OL will be key this season, murry saved himself from being hit A LOT to to his scrambling, hopefully the line is good because mason definately doesn't have murrys legs

I agree OL will be key, as with any season. More so now though because Mason just doesn't have Murray's ability to create something from nothing with the mobility factor. Although Murray did become a very good pocket passer.

Theus flipping over to LT is interesting. I was less than impressed with him last season at RT.

it's the first scrimmage in spring and remember the backups are going up against the #1s on defense while mason is going up against the #2s on defense. never take any stats seriously from a scrimmage.. they just want to see guys improve and they are improving.. there were some nice articles after the 5th practice that was open for the media to see. i will post some later.

Few notes and questions, saw floyd put on 20lbs, man he's a monster, love how pruitt is moving guys around everywhere it seems in the secondary to learn more positions. Bobos concern on offense is confusing, why? Is mason struggling, the ol, w all our great recievers, what's the problems, its gotta be mason a little right, just don't see how if he's not fairly solid we are not going to be great on offense.