Si.com's Latest Mock Draft - Don Banks

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140318/2014-nfl-mock-draft-blake-bortles/

"1. Houston -- Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida

I wasn't exactly feeling the love for Johnny Football coming from new Texans head coach Bill O'Brien at the scouting combine, so after giving Houston the former Texas A&M quarterback in my first mock, I'm changing direction in favor of the Central Florida passer with the kind of size and pocket passing skills the NFL still swoons over. The Texans have plenty of time to talk themselves into making Jadeveon Clowney their prize, and then target a quarterback like Eastern Illinois's Jimmy Garappolo at No. 33. But for now, I'm sticking with the belief that Houston's need to find its next franchise quarterback will trump all other considerations.

2. St. Louis -- Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn

The Rams have to like their chances to move out of this spot, since they're either going to have their pick of Jadeveon Clowney's or Khalil Mack's rights, or a top-rated quarterback. But we're not predicting trades with the draft still more than seven weeks away. If St. Louis sticks, it's likely a choice between Robinson or Texas A&M's Jake Matthews at offensive tackle, or Clemson's big-play receiver Sammy Watkins. The Rams did get right tackle Rodger Saffold back in free agency in a bizarre display of classic Raiders dysfunction, but they still see him as better suited to guard, clearing the way for the supremely gifted Robinson, one of the draft's elite prospects.

3. Jacksonville -- Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina

Even with all the attention Jacksonville has paid to its defensive line in free agency -- signing Red Bryant, Chris Clemons, Ziggy Hood and re-signing Jason Babin -- there's always room for a prospect who could grow into the game's most feared pass rusher. The Chad Henne re-signing makes it clear the Jaguars won't pass on a special player to draft a Day 1 starter at quarterback. Gus Bradley is building a defense in Jacksonville, and Clowney will play the cornerstone role.

4. Cleveland -- Johnny Manziel, OB, Texas A&M

When was the last time the Browns had a quarterback with a little moxie and swagger to him? Bernie Kosar? Otto Graham? If I'm choosing between Manziel or Teddy Bridgewater, I'm taking the guy who has won in big-game settings and seems to relish all that comes with the glamor position of quarterback. After thriving in the SEC, and beating Alabama, Manziel won't be awed taking the field in Baltimore, Pittsburgh or Cincinnati.

5. Oakland -- Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M

The Raiders could take Teddy Bridgewater and keep the top-five run on quarterbacks going, but this is a staff and a front office that needs to win this year to stay employed, so a rookie quarterback probably isn't going to be the call. Better to let a Matt Schaub, Mark Sanchez or Michael Vick run the offense in the short term. Matthews isn't as sexy a pick as Clemson receiver Watkins, but after Oakland let Jared Veldheer walk in free agency, and then endured the Rodger Saffold blunder, an instant starter at left tackle will do just fine.

6. Atlanta -- Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo

If the Falcons don't make a bid to move up to No. 2 in pursuit of Clowney, a very satisfying consolation prize would be Mack at No. 6, a player who could provide a jolt of electricity to the pass rush and three-down skills at outside linebacker. In free agency the Falcons focused like a laser on toughening up their two lines, adding the likes of guard Jon Asamoah, and defensive linemen Paul Soliai and Tyson Jackson. Now it's time to add a disruptive, playmaking force to the Atlanta linebacking corps, which is expected to lead the way in the Falcons' new 3-4 alignment."

You can see the rest of his mock at the link above. I think his logic is really sound on all of these moves, although I could see Cleveland taking Sammy Watkins instead and drafting Derek Carr with their other 1st round pick instead. But I agree with him that JAX and OAK will probably both pass on QBs at the top of Round 1 and aim for the second tier of signal callers: Carr, McCarron, Garrapolo, Mettenberg, etc.

I dont think Mack or Clowney will be on the board when we pick .... I pray one of them are but I would not hold my breath on that .... I dont see Jacksonville taking a Pass Rusher so they may go Watkins or Mack ... and St.Louis is really n need for a Qb but they may role with Bradford and draft Clowney .... So eventhough i hate taking a OT that high we may not have a choices ....

Who would you take in Mack v Clowney?

I guess it depends.

If we're serious about leaning heavily toward a 3-4, I think Mack is probably the better call. If we're truly using a hybrid approach, I think I lean toward Clowney.

I havent made a final determination but I think I still have Clowney a touch ahead of Mack overall. But that could flip in the next 6 weeks.

That said, I think Clowney will be seriously pissed if he goes to the Jags. laugh.png

Maybe maybe not:

Jacksonville

Bare Assets • 10749 N Main St • 904-757-7370

Blue Angel Gentlemens Club • 10731 103rd St • 904-771-9822

Bottomz Up • 3909 Blanding Blvd • (904) 779-2885

Centerfold Lounge • 4351 Phillips Hwy • 904-737-8233

Cinderella's • 975 S McDuff Ave • 904-388-5001

Cocktails • 1553 Lane S Ave • 904-781-1877

Escape Show Bar • 2712 Cesery Blvd • 904-647-6421

Flashdancers • 2003 Blanding Blvd • 904-389-8273

Gold Club • 321 General Doolittle Dr • 904-620-7290

Jake's Place • 315 Mcduff Ave S • (904) 387-0808

Mascara's Gentleman's Club • 3225 Southside Blvd •

New Solid Gold • 7175 Blanding Blvd • 904-771-9661

Passions • 9801 Beach Blvd. •

Pony's Show Bar • 609 McDuff Av N • 904-389-8648

Scores Gentlemen's Club • 4923 University W Blvd • 904-739-6966

Silver Foxx • 3243 W Beaver St • 904-384-0870

Sinsations • 2560 Emerson St • 904-396-6739

SOS Lounge • 4506 San Juan Ave • 904-387-0474

Stud's Pub • 9039 Atlantic Blvd • 904-724-9844

Wackos • 3701 Emerson St • 904-399-1110

Jags are building a nice squad, especially defensively.

Just need a QB and a RB

Yeah, Gus Bradley is putting together a nice squad. Especially on the defensive side of the ball.

They never should have traded Eugene Monroe for peanuts, though...

Still, drafting Clowney at #3 and then a QB like McCarron/Garrapolo/Mettenberg at #39 would be a great start for them.

I still believe Khalil Mack is going to be there for us so I agree w/ Banks there.

I also believe 2 QBs will go in the top 5 - not sure which 2 - but two.

Yeah. I think Jacksonville and Oakland will both pass on 1st round QBs and target someone in the 2nd round. The Jags have a serviceable stop-gap in Henne and the Raiders are going to sign one of Sanchez/Schaub/Vick to serve the same role.

I dont think Mack or Clowney will be on the board when we pick .... I pray one of them are but I would not hold my breath on that .... I dont see Jacksonville taking a Pass Rusher so they may go Watkins or Mack ... and St.Louis is really n need for a Qb but they may role with Bradford and draft Clowney .... So eventhough i hate taking a OT that high we may not have a choices ....

I see St. Louis taking either Robinson or Matthews based on the division they play in. I think Houston or Jacksonville will take Clowney (depending on how well Bortles does at his pro day, Houston may take him). Cleveland will take a QB and Oakland may miss their pick. LOL

Yeah. I think Jacksonville and Oakland will both pass on 1st round QBs and target someone in the 2nd round. The Jags have a serviceable stop-gap in Henne and the Raiders are going to sign one of Sanchez/Schaub/Vick to serve the same role.

The Raiders might because they're clearly still a **** show organization.

But Jacksonville doesnt have a "serviceable stop-gap" in Chad Henne. They have the same QB they've had for two years which has resulted in piss poor performance.

They have a guy that's an adequate backup in a starting role. They've gotta do something.