Devin Hester Visiting Falcons

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a good move if we are able to sign him. We need a return man for sure and those you stating that you would rather draft such and such dont know what a rookie will do and cheaper doesnt always work, we have the cap room to sign a player like Hester. Give me the Vet at this point so that we can free up that draft pick. Bring Him Home TD.

How old is Devin Hester? OK, he is 31 yrs old and will be 32 in November - that is very old for a KR/PR

1 Kickoff return for TD in the last 6 years (two years ago)

1 Punt return for TD in the last 2 years

he still has good averages though:

14 yds/ punt return in 2013

28 yds/kickoff return in 2014

the problem is I just don't think he is worth the extra premium you will pay to get him. It should be a 1 year deal if we offer or a 2 year deal where we can cut him after 1 year.

How old is Devin Hester? OK, he is 31 yrs old and will be 32 in November - that is very old for a KR/PR

1 Kickoff return for TD in the last 6 years (two years ago)

1 Punt return for TD in the last 2 years

he still has good averages though:

14 yds/ punt return in 2013

28 yds/kickoff return in 2014

the problem is I just don't think he is worth the extra premium you will pay to get him. It should be a 1 year deal if we offer or a 2 year deal where we can cut him after 1 year.

Look at those averages for last year, you are more than likely to get those averages from a proven vet than from a rookie that everyone wants in the 5-7th rounds of the draft. It is more to speed when it comes to returning kicks, you cant just place a 4.3 guy back there are expect him to take it to the house every game. I think I will take the less risker situation and role with Hester and use the draft to really help the depth on this team, like stacking the depth on the Dline and OLine

rather get one of these returners in the draft, than over pay for a guy who hasn t done much the last few years.

You do know he retuned a punt back for a TD last year .... multiple 81 yard returns .... avg 27.6 per kick return .... no way would i over pay but lets not say he didnt do nothing last year

Hester is still Hester and poses as a threat to opposing teams. Even last year, teams were still kicking away from him and altering their return coverages, because he represents the very real possibility of consistently breaking a long return.

Rookies dont come in and do that unless their names are all Devin Hester.

How many years I've been wondering why in the heck that don't know to go after a return man!!! I talk about the need every year in the coming drafts. I always target a return man knowing how bad we need one and how much it would help us win a couple more games a year. Really..It would if we had a good one.. I don't know how much Hester has left but it's way better than anything we have now. But really would like to draft a young one also. No matter if we do get Hester.