Which Nfc Teams Are Better Than Us?

Nole9782

Some apparently think we need a good draft to even be able to pull off a winning record next year. I think that's crazy. Assuming we bring in a veteran safety before the season and draft an offensive tackle and an edge rusher in the first two rounds (could be edge rusher first and then OT in the second...or OT in the first and an edge rusher in the second), which NFC teams will be better than us next season? Very possibly Seattle. Possibly SF. Then who? MAYBE GB. MAYBE NO (I don't think so). MAYBE Carolina (I don't think so).

Is this team not going to be better than the team 2 years ago? The one that finished with the #1 seed?

Edited by Nole9782

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are coming off of a 4-12 season, what makes you think we are going to go back to being a force? Smith is not a good coach and his habit of giving up big leads proves that. Our defense is still poor, our OLine is still awful and two rookies probably won't fix that.

I noticed you didn't answer my second question: Is this team not going to be better than the team 2 years ago? The one that finished with the #1 seed? If I was trying to make your argument, I'd ignore that question also

this team has made some giants steps this off season. Anyone thinking we don't have some growing pains coming this year is ignorant. That being said even with our lumps we might find success if the offense can keep the defense off the field as much as possible while we mature as a 3-4 base.

Until RT is resolved though, its gonna be a long season.

Guest Gritz

Extremely difficult to tell. So many people on here act like the injuries were all that happened wrong to the Falcons in 2013. Even if you just focused on the injuries they exposed that Dimitroff had built paper-thin depth with the roster.

Quite frankly even if everything goes right...i.e., free agents perform well and the Falcons have a good draft I don't see this as a playoff team in 2014...8-8, 9-7...

So, I guess by definition everyone who makes the playoffs from the 2014 season will be better than us.

Seattle

San Fran

Philly

New Orleans

Green Bay

Chicago

Arizona

New York

Detroit

All very possible and most even likely to be better than us

Geez...........it's the middle of MARCH. MARCH !!!

How in the h.ell can anyone rate ANY team ?? No team has a Roster at this point. Not even close to one.

Hilarious.

this team has made some giants steps this off season. Anyone thinking we don't have some growing pains coming this year is ignorant. That being said even with our lumps we might find success if the offense can keep the defense off the field as much as possible while we mature as a 3-4 base.

Until RT is resolved though, its gonna be a long season.

All of this.

We got abused in the trenches on both sides of the ball last year. While we're on our way to correcting that, it's not going to a magic turnaround. Gain back some confidence. Build some toughness.

Some apparently think we need a good draft to even be able to pull off a winning record next year. I think that's crazy. Assuming we bring in a veteran safety before the season and draft an offensive tackle and an edge rusher in the first two rounds (could be edge rusher first and then OT in the second...or OT in the first and an edge rusher in the second), which NFC teams will be better than us next season? Very possibly Seattle. Possibly SF. Then who? MAYBE GB. MAYBE NO (I don't think so). MAYBE Carolina (I don't think so).

Is this team not going to be better than the team 2 years ago? The one that finished with the #1 seed?

Geez.

Don't quit your day job, would be my advice.

Don't quit yours. How do you figure a 4-12 team is better than most of the NFC. Even before all the injuries the Falcons were struggling big time. Now that Gonzo is gone, Ryan has no safety blanket.

Falcons are a team filled with injury prone players with very little depth, which to me is a disaster waiting to happen.

Don't quit yours. How do you figure a 4-12 team is better than most of the NFC. Even before all the injuries the Falcons were struggling big time. Now that Gonzo is gone, Ryan has no safety blanket.

Falcons are a team filled with injury prone players with very little depth, which to me is a disaster waiting to happen.

Anybody know how long this board saves threads? Because I want to make sure this one is still around in December and January

Gonzo is gone, White is another year older and coming off multiple injuries, Jones just had his foot put back together and we really don't know how well that is going to work. Our best DE is going to be out of position in a 3-4 and he is getting old, our RB has more carries on him than any back in the NFL and couldn't hold up last year, the offensive line is......well I don't even want to talk about it. The LB.....weak group. And the team currently has no FS.

Ok, I've given it some thought. Yeah this team is a contender.