I'll Admit It Im Afraid.

atlGM

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid mack will get selected before us and we will desperately reach on Anthony Barr. We have needed a pass rusher for so long I hope this doesn't happen.

Dude I kid you not. I had a bad dream that we drafted Jake Matthews. Hopefully we don't go and draft him just because Robinson is gone.

Dude I kid you not. I had a bad dream that we drafted Jake Matthews. Hopefully we don't go and draft him just because Robinson is gone.

I don't think drafting Jake Matthews qualifies as a nightmare. He is a good LT prospect and we will need a good LT to replace Baker, after next season.

Is he not the very most over hyped mofo EVAH ? wacko.png

Free bird I actually think he is alright, but when I see ignorance like "Mack is the #1 pick for us without a doubt" I'm like how can you possibly shoot down any other argument? It's the NFL draft anything can happen. From players falling to players getting taking to high. Keep an open mind that's all I'm saying.

Mack better come in & get 18 sacks with all this hype. I'm just saying...if you see anybody that wanted Ray Edwards talking about wanting Mack be very afraid for they do not no what a pass rusher is

**** 95% of the board was for the Ray Edwards signing, me included. They needed a DE and they signed supposedly the 2nd best one on the market,who knew he preferred modeling in his BVD's

Free bird I actually think he is alright, but when I see ignorance like "Mack is the #1 pick for us without a doubt" I'm like how can you possibly shoot down any other argument? It's the NFL draft anything can happen. From players falling to players getting taking to high. Keep an open mind that's all I'm saying.

I'm with you man. I would be thrilled to have him at #6. I would also be thrilled to have Robinson Matthews or Watkins. No matter what happens we will end up with a great player. But Mack has replaced Clowney at TATF as the " End all Be all ". If we do not land Mack, the draft will be worthless ....rolleyes.gif

**** 95% of the board was for the Ray Edwards signing, me included. They needed a DE and they signed supposedly the 2nd best one on the market,who knew he preferred modeling in his BVD's

I was in that 5 %. Once he was signed I hoped for the best.

Mack better come in & get 18 sacks with all this hype. I'm just saying...if you see anybody that wanted Ray Edwards talking about wanting Mack be very afraid for they do not no what a pass rusher is

I think the people clamoring over Robinson and Barr are are probably from the Edwards clan. And I like Robinson but I'm not going to choose to ignore his pass protecting inexperience. I remember seeing somebody post how 75% of auburns plays last year where runs. Again I don't dislike him or Matthews but a RT at 6 is a little bit of a reach for me. If we wanted to go that route i would rather have signed a RT and kicked baker to the bench. That would have to be the long term plan anyway. Edited by atlGM

I think the people clamoring over Robinson and Barr are are probably from the Edwards clan. And I like Robinson but I'm not going to choose to ignore his pass protecting inexperience. I remember seeing somebody post how 75% of auburns plays last year where runs. Again I don't dislike him or Matthews but a RT at 6 is a little bit of a reach for me. If we wanted to go that route i would rather have signed a RT and kicked baker to the bench. That would have to be the long term plan anyway.

Matthews is a natural LT. Putting him at RT would not end well. Yes I am aware that he played it in college. But the NFL is not college.

Personally I think the combination of Baker's joke of a contract, our lack of a need for a QB, and our transition to a 3-4 give us a great excuse to trade down. You can find elite 3-4 personnel outside of the top 10 and there will be some quality RT prospects available in the 2nd and 3rd unless several teams reach.

Matthews is a natural LT. Putting him at RT would not end well. Yes I am aware that he played it in college. But the NFL is not college.

Personally I think the combination of Baker's joke of a contract, our lack of a need for a QB, and our transition to a 3-4 give us a great excuse to trade down. You can find elite 3-4 personnel outside of the top 10 and there will be some quality RT prospects available in the 2nd and 3rd unless several teams reach.

I think Matthews could play RT I just wouldnt want to take a RT @ 6. I would be perfectly fine trading back as long as mack is gone. Edited by atlGM

I'm afraid mack will get selected before us and we will desperately reach on Anthony Barr. We have needed a pass rusher for so long I hope this doesn't happen.

I doubt this scenario. Good GM's have to have back up plans. If Mack and Clowney are both gone, I'm sure TD will draft Matthews or Robinson instead and go after some other guys he had his eye in case this scenario had to happen.

I'm with you man. I would be thrilled to have him at #6. I would also be thrilled to have Robinson Matthews or Watkins. No matter what happens we will end up with a great player. But Mack has replaced Clowney at TATF as the " End all Be all ". If we do not land Mack, the draft will be worthless ....rolleyes.gif

Yea. That's the problem I have "Mack or the draft is a failure" it's sad, and I don't care what anybody says dude played against lesser competition & that's a fact. Only decent team he played against was ohio state. Yeah he did good, but that's ONE decent team. Then ppl will say well Demarcus ware played against lesser competition. This dude is not Demarcus ware. Just as much as you want to say you can't knock him for inferior competition it's just as equal the other way that you can't put him up there with other pass rushers that played against greater competition.

The Falcons are going offensive line and here is why:

Matt Ryan is getting paid over 120 Million dollars. No way the Falcons leave their investment unprotected like last year.

Falcons will want an insurance policy in the form of Olinemen to protect what they invested so much in.

The Falcons are going to live and die with Matt Ryan, and the fact that TD sees Matt Ryan as elite, regardless what the rest of us think.

The Falcons have no competent QB if Matt Ryan goes down.

I do recall the phrase "Ryan is not going anywhere so get used to it" thrown around all last year. Well I am over it now, and I will say the same to you and everyone else who wants to go defense first.

Matt Ryan is not just the focal point of the offense but the entire team - GET USED TO IT.