Bridgewater Hate Unmerited Imo

atlGM

I get that this is a controlled environment and it is set up for the prospect to do his best. My question is does a bad day of playing catch erase 3 years of game tape.

For three years he didn't always throw the prettiest ball and for three years he had consistent success as the focal point of Louisvilles offense.

http://Teddy Bridgewater Pro Day (FULL): http://youtu.be/53UMp-cKzEU

I really hope he goes to Tampa Bay or another NFC team. Some guys are just not cut out for the NFL, one bad day shouldn't be the end all be all but he's really had 2 chances and he's blown both. Maybe there's a reason he decided to not participate fully at the NFL Combine, maybe he knew this was coming. Seems like a good kid though, he'll get a chance, just not the chance he was probably hoping for.

I don't think people hate him, I think they just don't see a reason he goes in the top 5 and that sucks for us

I can't think of another case though where a QB did great in college, and didn't turn out good in the NFL

Brady Quinn? I'm sure you're joking tho lol.

Edited by ElDragon21

I really hope he goes to Tampa Bay or another NFC team. Some guys are just not cut out for the NFL, one bad day shouldn't be the end all be all but he's really had 2 chances and he's blown both. Maybe there's a reason he decided to not participate fully at the NFL Combine, maybe he knew this was coming. Seems like a good kid though, he'll get a chance, just not the chance he was probably hoping for.

he wasn't that awful in his pro day. People just wanted more. Jarmarcus Russel nailed his pro day. The thing I don't get is that Bortles really didn't overly impress anybody with his combine workout but nobody chose to bomb him about it.

I get that this is a controlled environment and it is set up for the prospect to do his best. My question is does a bad day of playing catch erase 3 years of game tape.

For three years he didn't always throw the prettiest ball and for three years he had consistent success as the focal point of Louisvilles offense.

http://Teddy Bridgew....be/53UMp-cKzEU

Why do some of y'all always use the term HATE... $hit is getting old man... Bridgewater hate? Say what? Really man?

Guest Negatorris

His completion percentage has been 65%, 69%, and 71%. I'm not too worried about his mechanics. Plus he showed up in big games. Some team is going to get a franchise QB. He almost reminds me of ARod in a way. But of course I'm not trying to say he is going to be the best ever and set passer rating records.

he wasn't that awful in his pro day. People just wanted more. Jarmarcus Russel nailed his pro day. The thing I don't get is that Bortles really didn't overly impress anybody with his combine workout but nobody chose to bomb him about it.

He's not a Top 5 or even Top 10 pick in my mind. Bridgewater blew his chance. Not to mention I ran a faster 40 time as a D3 OT... yikes. tongue.png

Why do some of y'all always use the term HATE... $hit is getting old man... Bridgewater hate? Say what? Really man?

Ok. I guess I'll think more about verb usage next time. You sound like I was talking to you or something bro.

He's not a Top 5 or even Top 10 pick in my mind. Bridgewater blew his chance. Not to mention I ran a faster 40 time as a D3 OT... yikes. tongue.png

That would be fair only if it means that bortles and manzel arent top ten either. Neither one of them is better. Manzel pretty close but i dont know about better

It's a lazy word to use when the media/NFL teams are more disappointed in his performance. He blew his chances. Maybe he'll avoid being picked by a truly lousy team now.

That would be fair only if it means that bortles and manzel arent top ten either. Neither one of them is better. Manzel pretty close but i dont know about better

Easy to make the leap when neither of those guys have had their ProDay. It's starting to look like you're taking this personal, relax bro. laugh.png

Easy to make the leap when neither of those guys have had their ProDay. It's starting to look like you're taking this personal, relax bro. laugh.png

Im pretty relaxed. I thought we were debating whether bridgewater was top ten.

The times that I've seen Bridgewater play, he always struck me as a guy who didn't make big mistakes and was really consistent, but not a guy that was likely set the world on fire at the next level.

I think that if he goes to a team with some weapons (for example, Houston, and possibly Cleveland), he's going to do well his rookie year, and is even capable of winning a post season game or two (with a great defense).

If he goes to a Jacksonville or Oakland, he is going to struggle as any QB will when lacking weapons and protection. Think Sam Bradford in his early years.

He's more than a just game manager, but if that's all he amounts to, he will be a very solid one.

If given a chance in the right surroundings early in his career, he can flourish. Teams that I think he can step into and be successful immediately: Houston, Cleveland, Tampa.