Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Falcons Quick Turnaround?

17 posts in this topic

I think the Falcons are perfectly capable of a quick turnaround in 2014. The offense for all the problems we had put the team in position to win a number of games. But the defense was beyond pathetic last year. But I think we've already taken a major step forward in addressing the defense. Adding Solia and Jackson to beef up the DL, getting rid of DeCoud is addition via substraction and we've not even had the draft yet. The Falcons lost 6 games last year by 6 points or less. Those 6 wins would have put us at 10-6 and right in the hunt for the playoffs. I think the offense in Tony G retiring will also see addition via subtraction. I think the Falcons are poised for another quick turnaround in 2014 like the one we saw in 2008.

Yeah there is no doubt they can have a quick turnaround and it's going to start with playing hard nosed football. I think FA has addressed some needs and the draft will hopefully provide for some more important pieces we need.

They start playing like men, turnaround on the way. They play with no heart, they still suck. Hopefully they play like men

Well that 49ers game at the end of the season was mighty impressive considering the Falcons were playing for nothing and that the 49ers had all that emotion with it being the last game at Candlestick. If they can play with that kind of heart every game they are on their way.

Well that 49ers game at the end of the season was mighty impressive considering the Falcons were playing for nothing and that the 49ers had all that emotion with it being the last game at Candlestick. If they can play with that kind of heart every game they are on their way.

that game was more about revenge than anything IMO. You always play hard when you're going for revenge

that game was more about revenge than anything IMO. You always play hard when you're going for revenge

I understand that. But the 49ers had a ton riding on that game too. It was insane. The Falcons need to play like that every game.

Well fellas I think towards the end when guys started coming back healthy we looked much better so it's definitely something to build especially with the new pieces that are being added.

Boogie Man likes this

The hidden benefit to last season was getting some much needed run for the backups. It will make us deeper in the future.

Look for a bunch of "surprise" articles if the Falcons get 10+ wins this year.

Boogie Man likes this

Falcons are poised for a better 2014 season.

My view as an outsider is this:

Can they overcome the lost of TG....Ryan loved him in short yardage.

Can they overcome the problems along the O-line? Free Agency helped in one slot, but the draft must produce another dependable starter, maybe two.

Who will start at Safety? Free Agency didn't shore the position up and the draft is weak after the Top 2, who will be gone after Rd1.

NT was repaired in Free Agency. The book on Tyson Jackson remains questionable for now.

Who will step up and be "that" pass rusher on Defense?

Can both Roddy and SJax continue to play at a high level as they gain another year in the league.

And finally, will Mike Smith open things up?

My take on the late game collapses was the O and D lines were undersized and wore down late in games. That needs correction.

I see the Falcons at 9 wins, possibly 10.

Can they overcome the problems along the O-line? Free Agency helped in one slot, but the draft must produce another dependable starter, maybe two.

Who will start at Safety? Free Agency didn't shore the position up and the draft is weak after the Top 2, who will be gone after Rd1.

NT was repaired in Free Agency. The book on Tyson Jackson remains questionable for now.

Can both Roddy and SJax continue to play at a high level as they gain another year in the league.

My take on the late game collapses was the O and D lines were undersized and wore down late in games. That needs correction.

Good objective post. Nice to get that from a Saints fan for a change.

Dang saint ray good post man. You sound poised to wear the red and black now, lol!

I think the guys will have a sense of urgency this season that we haven't seen in a few years...things started coming a little too easily......simply put, we got embarrassed last season

They are going to be much better this year, assuming we can avoid the injury bug. The Spoon injury hurts but maybe this will lead to one of our young LBs to step up.

I"m really excited for this season.

They are going to be much better this year, assuming we can avoid the injury bug. The Spoon injury hurts but maybe this will lead to one of our young LBs to step up.

I"m really excited for this season.

The Spoon injury will not hurt. The Falcons are used to playing without him and even when he's on the field he's average at best.

falconsrus likes this

The Spoon injury will not hurt. The Falcons are used to playing without him and even when he's on the field he's average at best.

While he may not be a superstar, I'd say that he is above average. But yeah, the injuries are a shame.

While he may not be a superstar, I'd say that he is above average. But yeah, the injuries are a shame.

We'll agree to disagree. He's had one solid season in the NFL and a bunch of injury prone seasons.