Inside Linebacker

AndySG

Looking at the roster at the moment, I'm assuming that our starting inside linebackers will be Worrilow and Spoon. All we really have backing them up at the moment is Dent. I'm assuming that we will look to somebody in the mid-to-late rounds in the draft, but what if we don't?

Are any of the free agents available worth taking a punt on? Pat Angerer has obviously had injury problems, but he can be a great player when he's on the field and I'd imagine that he will be pretty cheap.

Alternatively, the Falcoholic mentioned Arthur Moats. He is decent in the run game. I know that he's mainly known for his hit on Favre, but he's been a solid enough player aside from that.

Do you think that we will look to recreate our success from last year's draft/undrafted free agents or go for some veteran depth? With two starting inside linebackers for next year in our new base set, we can't really afford to go in with only three guys.

Dent will be fine as a backup ILB. People seem to forget that he was playing hurt most of last year also. He's no stud, but as a backup he should be acceptable if healthy.

Still need one more. I'd be looking for guys with lots of ST experience, more so than stud MLBs.

If Solia and Jackson are our only FA signings our Defense will struggle again next year. Cant fill all the holes we have in the draft. We still need a DT/ LB/ FS/ RT/RB/DE. Every year its the same we sign one or two guys early then its crickets ......until after the draft. Meanwhile other teams snatch up good players.

Im glad we signed pioli to evaluate guys in the draft TD has hit on the obvious picks but holmes baker hawley decoud beirman quizz are all average to below average players

Edited by I MUS WRITE