Espn Hate, Made Me Lol. Check The Fa Worst Value List...

Make no mistake Tyson Jackson is still a bust and hasn't lived up to his pre-draft hype but as time went by he grew into a solid run defender for the Kansas City Chiefs. This, however, is too much money for a player who offers nothing more than run defense for you. This is a passing league and Jackson's has a career total of 10 Sacks

He is not a bust because he was NEVER drafted to be a pass rusher.

He was drafted too high if you consider sacks to be the end all- be all.. He was drafted to be a run stopper and keep linemen off linebackers......which is what virtually all 3-4 linemen do.

For what he was drafted for he was not and IS not a bust.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make no mistake Tyson Jackson is still a bust and hasn’t lived up to his pre-draft hype but as time went by he grew into a solid run defender for the Kansas City Chiefs. This, however, is too much money for a player who offers nothing more than run defense for you. This is a passing league and Jackson’s has a career total of 10 Sacks

jackson had 4 sacks in 500 snaps last year. for a de in a 3-4 that is excellent.

The point is, signing anybody over 30 who's not a future HOFer is probably overpaying that guy unless its for very cheap, not including QB, P, K

oh my god dude let me tell you something out if you want talent regardless of age you gotta pay for it plain and simple there ain't no shortcuts in football

cause he's not a future Hall of Famer??? who gives a flying f*** I want playmakers that's going to get this team to where we want to be to a f****** Super Bowl man

He is not a bust because he was NEVER drafted to be a pass rusher.

He was drafted too high if you consider sacks to be the end all- be all.. He was drafted to be a run stopper and keep linemen off linebackers......which is what virtually all 3-4 linemen do.

For what he was drafted for he was not and IS not a bust.

If a team is unwilling to match a 5/25 contract(considered an overpayment by many) then a guy is a bust going off his draft slot.

Edited by Cam Topdrew Bottom

Guest terryowens81

Free agent underpay/overpay, value... doesn't really matter to me at this stage. This Falcon team needs NFL caliber players on both sides of the line. They got that. 3-4 run stuffing national champion DE. The biggest body on this team since Grady Jackson was eating up RBs. A right guard position left unfilled by this coaching staff's incompetence to groom successful players for a couple of seasons. Now a big question at RT and the health of the only capable LT on the team. This team shouldn't be done by a longshot if they can trade down on Day One.

While ESPN totally sucks, this analysis is not totally untrue..

I can't see how Soliai signing value can be justified with his degrading performance, and Tyson Jackson is an average DE now being paid like a top 10 one... it was a head scratcher signing..

There are 22 DEs getting paid more than Jackson- that's hardly top ten money.