The Falcoholic Mock 1.0

I haven't figured in any more FA signings so this is assuming we go into the draft with the current roster. I have us getting a 4th and 7th round comp. With that said, here we go. Let me know what you guys think.

Round 1 - Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo

I think this guy will thrive in Nolan's system. He has great instincts and a knack for finding the football. I think he will have great success getting in the backfield with our new D-Line to eat up space, allowing him to edge rush.

khalil-mack-mid.jpg

Round 2 - Morgan Moses OT Virginia

Moses will come in and immediately shore up the RT spot. He has great size, and long arms. At worst, he will be a solid RT. At best, he can develop and take Baker's spot at LT, protecting Matty Ice for a long, long time.

7711572.jpg

Round 3 - Ed Reynolds FS Stanford

At 6'2", 205 pounds, Reynolds has great size. He is very solid in run support, and a great open field tackler. He has great instincts, and makes great plays on the football. This guy will come in and be a huge upgrade over Decoud.

ed-reynolds.jpg

Round 4 - Andre Williams RB Boston College

Round 4 (comp) - Daniel McCullers NT Tennessee

Round 5 - Arthur Lynch TE Georgia

Round 6 - Jeff Janis WR Saginaw Valley State

Round 7 - Dri' Archer RB Kent State

Round 7 (comp) - Trey Millard FB Oklahoma

Everything I've seen and read on Moses from scouts, and others have said he's a stud RT who can play LT. They all have compared him to R Clady I believe.

I've read the Clady comparison. The scout who said that was saying he had the potential to get there, but said there are still some big concerns. He isn't very good at run blocking and kind of just lets guys run into him. I don't dislike Moses per se, but I think there are better options at the top of the 2nd.

only reason I vouch for Moses is because we're from the same city other than that I hate this mock

Yeah, it's hard to dislike who the Falcons pick at #6 whether it be Mack, Clowney, Matthews, Robinson or even Barr, but it's rounds 2-4 that make or break the draft this year.

I've read the Clady comparison. The scout who said that was saying he had the potential to get there, but said there are still some big concerns. He isn't very good at run blocking and kind of just lets guys run into him. I don't dislike Moses per se, but I think there are better options at the top of the 2nd.

I beikeve several have said this comparison. I've never seen dude play just read on him. What OT you like better in the second round and FS in the 3 rd?

Good overall mock but we need CB depth in the worst way with no further FA signings.

Not a fan of the rb pickup. Here's my theory. Almost everybody wanted and continue to wants Antone Smith to get a chance. Now that Snelling is retired he has that chance but instead a lot of folks want to replace him with a RB pick.

I think we should save RB for next year and I would prefer to grab a CB there.

Good overall mock but we need CB depth in the worst way with no further FA signings.

Not a fan of the rb pickup. Here's my theory. Almost everybody wanted and continue to wants Antone Smith to get a chance. Now that Snelling is retired he has that chance but instead a lot of folks want to replace him with a RB pick.

More than likely we will sign 1 or 2 FA CBs and the RB drafted would be to take over for S Jackson in a year or maybe even this year.

I can see them signing a guy like Champ Bailey to come in and provide solid depth and be a mentor to the younger guys. I haven't done my homework on the CB's in this draft so I would need to watch some film before I mocked a CB.

The thing is, Antone is already getting up in age. I'm all for him getting more carries, but you can never have too much talent at a position. Say if we take Williams in the 4th, and he comes in and looks just as good as Steven Jackson during TC and preseason, I would cut SJax and give the rookie the starting job and let Quizz and Smith be change of pace guys. If the rookie doesn't work out, we will be a more solid team next offseason and can draft a back in a higher round, like Gurley.

if it is OT I will be

Reading between the lines the front office invested most of the free agent dollars in the d line because they knew with three prospective franchise OTs available in the draft, a OT was most likely to fall. I can't help but believe that if we were going to draft defense we would have signed a OT in free agency.

I can see them signing a guy like Champ Bailey to come in and provide solid depth and be a mentor to the younger guys. I haven't done my homework on the CB's in this draft so I would need to watch some film before I mocked a CB.

The thing is, Antone is already getting up in age. I'm all for him getting more carries, but you can never have too much talent at a position. Say if we take Williams in the 4th, and he comes in and looks just as good as Steven Jackson during TC and preseason, I would cut SJax and give the rookie the starting job and let Quizz and Smith be change of pace guys. If the rookie doesn't work out, we will be a more solid team next offseason and can draft a back in a higher round, like Gurley.

I'm not one that's so quick to cut S Jax. He came into a really bad OL situation and deserves the chance to show what has always shown since his rookie season.

I think we underestimate the experience he brings. Just my opinion. I wasn't ever a fan of getting a rb this year.

I like S Jax, Quizz, and Antone. I think next year we can cut bait with S Jax and draft a RB early on.

As far as CB depth I was basing it off of no more FA signings.

I really do like the mock. This is a minor complaint.

Edited by ATLFalcons11

I'm not one that's so quick to cut S Jax. He came into a really bad OL situation and deserves the chance to show what has always shown since his rookie season.

I think we underestimate the experience he brings. Just my opinion. I wasn't ever a fan of getting a rb this year.

I like S Jax, Quizz, and Antone. I think next year we can cut bait with S Jax and draft a RB early on.

As far as CB depth I was basing it off of no more FA signings.

I really do like the mock. This is a minor complaint.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. First one I've ever done.