Question To Sammy Watkins Lovers

Many threads here talk about what a terrifying duo Watkins would make with Jones. Yet, a lot of you have condemned Mike Smith and Dirk Koetter for being too conservative. Given those two opinions and coupled with our weakness at OT/C as well as the weakness in the running game, how do you expect Sammy Watkins to reach full potential with this team?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy answer is that unless you get better at RG and C, he would have a lesser chance.

But do you blame last seasons offensive struggles on those 2 positions?

Why would you address a strength in the draft (WR) when said strength is already limited by so many other factors? You can't get maximum value from that addition.

Many threads here talk about what a terrifying duo Watkins would make with Jones. Yet, a lot of you have condemned Mike Smith and Dirk Koetter for being too conservative. Given those two opinions and coupled with our weakness at OT/C as well as the weakness in the running game, how do you expect Sammy Watkins to reach full potential with this team?

Well as good as our offense could be or even was with TG we only had one game breaker one guy who coukd take it to the house.

While Watkins likely wouldn't be quite as good as Julio is he's still a pretty dam good player and would also give us leverage against White when re doing his deal.

We do need to somewhat replace what TG did

The one thing I say to all the people saying we have Jones,White,Jackson,Rodgers,Douglas and so on we lost White,Jones and Jackson for most of last season and our offense went down the drain remember early in the year when we were losing close gut wrenching games then we lost Jones and Jackson and then was getting blown out.

Just remember if we were to take Mack or Clowney or even Barr they actually have to be 10 sack guys to really change our defense if there just 5-6 sack guys that really doesn't change our defense.

The Browns have weaknesses everywhere didn't stop Gordon from reaching his potential.

The Lions are/were as weak a team as you will ever find and that didn't hinder Megatron.

Truly good players will succeed wherever.

Having a touchdown maker will mask some other holes. Personally I wouldn't take him unless both Robinson and Matthews are gone but hey the guy will move the chains and make touchdowns pretty much wherever he lands. Every team can use that.

Edited by Cam Topdrew Bottom

The Browns have weaknesses everywhere didn't stop Gordon from reaching his potential.

The Lions are/were as weak a team as you will ever find and that didn't hinder Megatron.

Truly good players will succeed wherever.

The Browns have one of the better O-lines around. Who do we have that can touch Mack or Thomas?

Gordon and Johnson were primary threats. They didn't have a significant secondary threat to poach from them. That wouldn't be the case here.

Well as good as our offense could be or even was with TG we only had one game breaker one guy who coukd take it to the house.

While Watkins likely wouldn't be quite as good as Julio is he's still a pretty dam good player and would also give us leverage against White when re doing his deal.

We do need to somewhat replace what TG did

The one thing I say to all the people saying we have Jones,White,Jackson,Rodgers,Douglas and so on we lost White,Jones and Jackson for most of last season and our offense went down the drain remember early in the year when we were losing close gut wrenching games then we lost Jones and Jackson and then was getting blown out.

Just remember if we were to take Mack or Clowney or even Barr they actually have to be 10 sack guys to really change our defense if there just 5-6 sack guys that really doesn't change our defense.

Julio's best season, 2012, with a dominant Roddy, solid Gonzo and 10 rushing TDs from Turner, playing the weakest schedule in football, still only scored 5 more points than the plodding Mularkey offense of 2010. The team needs core strength and variety, not WR overkill.

The Browns have one of the better O-lines around. Who do we have that can touch Mack or Thomas?

Gordon and Johnson were primary threats. They didn't have a significant secondary threat to poach from them. That wouldn't be the case here.

Meh, we throw enough that that shouldn't matter. In 2012 Roddy, TG and JJ were all in the top 25 for targets.

And Cleveland also had black holes like Lauvo, Cousins and Greco lining up on that OL. Not to mention the QBs...

Anyways I don't think we really should pick Watkins but to say he wouldn't thrive here is silly imo.

Edited by Cam Topdrew Bottom

HD just put up 1k yards with no oline protecting his qb. i like watkins, i think he will be one of the top wrs in the game. that being said, i would rather go with mack, robinson, clowney, or matthews, but if all four are gone, then i think watkins is BPA and would be a great addition to this team.

Meh, we throw enough that that shouldn't matter. In 2012 Roddy, TG and JJ were all in the top 25 for targets.

And Cleveland also had black holes like Lauvo, Cousins and Greco lining up on that OL. Not to mention the QBs...

Anyways I don't think we really should pick Watkins but to say he wouldn't thrive here is silly imo.

We've yet to determine Julio could thrive here. He looks great, when he plays, but hasn't thrived just yet. We had three black holes at QB in 2007 and Roddy exploded onto the scene, thx to steady line play.