I Would Trade Matt Ryan For What Other Nfl Qb....?m

Given time in the pocket this year i think he is ready to take the next step. In 2012 he was being considered MVP until he had a couple of bad games. In 6 seasons he has become the best QB the falcons have ever had. Last season he obviously had no protection and even fans like myself know his strength is not extending plays. :( Jk we had plenty of years with ykw to watch that kind of qb.

I love his fire, toughness, football iq, and respect for the game. I believe the leader of your team should pretend like he has scored a touchdown before, and not need to do a dance or celebration in game. Lol. I mean the game just started and your qb is dancing or celebrating in the endzone. The game isn't over.

This year i think with addition of coaches, players, scheme adjustments, and past experience our boy MATTY ICE is ready to explode with greatness and lead this team deep into the playoffs and maybe to the superbowl.

My opinion is that there is no ther QB in the league that i would rather lead our team. Interested to hear others thoughts. What do you think?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one off the top of my head is Rodgers- NOT because I think there aren't any other QBs out there better than Ryan, but because the others are so much older- Brady, Peyton, Brees in their primes, sure, but not trading 10 years of Ryan for 2-3 years of those 3. Would for 6-7 years of Rodgers.

Don't trust any of the young QBs enough yet- want to see more of a body of work from Cam, Wilson, CK, Luck and the rest before I'd trade Ryan for them.

I'll stick with Ryan, thanks.

Besides, it's no matter who's at QB if you can't keep him upright and open holes for the RB.

You SHOULD ask who else can we get rid of/replace to make the o-line better,..then this thread would never have been spawned.

Edited by Guvmintcheeze

I'd so trade him for Joey Harrington in a heart beat. Would love to see that guy back in a Falcons uniform, taking snaps under center on Sundays.

Ok, that statement I just made was dumb.

Ya know what's dumber?

Threads like these.

Just stop.

I'd so trade him for Joey Harrington in a heart beat. Would love to see that guy back in a Falcons uniform, taking snaps under center on Sundays.

Ok, that statement I just made was dumb.

Ya know what's dumber?

Threads like these.

Just stop.

Sorry you didnt like. Im tired of reading about fa and the draft and nothing has changed in three days.

I just think some people round here take for granted how lucky we are to have a top 3 qb from what ive read so far.

Luck and rodgers(the belt boy) are the only ones that seem to make sense.

I would still take ryan.

Edited by Dukeduke211

If today I was offered straight up for any other QB I would pull the trigger for these QB's in order:

1. Rodgers
  2. Luck

That's it!

Sure, right now Brady, Manning and Brees are a notch above Ryan but I would not make this trade today if for no other reason than their ages. Plus, there's big part of me that wan't to win a Super Bowl with my guy, the guy we picked, versus having to rely on doing such with someone else's QB. I want Ryan--or any Falcon bred, born and raised QB--to win it more than someone else's QB.

The only one would be Rodgers. Brady, Manning, and Brees are too old. In their prime, HE!! YEAH I would, but not now.

On the other hand, I think if we give Matt a decent line and "D", he can win us a championship. Hard though when he doesn't have time to progress through his reads, and his defense falls apart in the second half.

Rodgers and Luck are easy calls.

Because of their age and potential, I'd probably take Kaepernick and Wilson as well.

If we are talking about long term, that's probably it. The short term list would be a bit longer.

Kaepernick...no

Wilson...understandable, but I would still have some reservations about it.

I think Matt Ryan would have been a lot more dominant on that Seahawks team than Wilson.

Kaepernick's skill set can't be transferred to multiple teams imo.

If today I was offered straight up for any other QB I would pull the trigger for these QB's in order:

1. Rodgers
  2. Luck

That's it!

Sure, right now Brady, Manning and Brees are a notch above Ryan but I would not make this trade today if for no other reason than their ages. Plus, there's big part of me that wan't to win a Super Bowl with my guy, the guy we picked, versus having to rely on doing such with someone else's QB. I want Ryan--or any Falcon bred, born and raised QB--to win it more than someone else's QB.

I would agree with that. Rodgers is the best passer in the league and Luck can do everything well.

But he's more mobile so he could have Manziel'd his way out of them

No way, Rodgers is more mobile than Matt is.

Mobility /=/ less sacks mates. Rodgers was the most sacked QB in the league two years ago unless i'm misremembering. Matt throws fast and if it's not there and there's pressure he knows to throw it away. Rodgers tries to extend plays if it's not there and often ends up getting sacked for it.