Reversing Our Biggest Needs Mock

AndySG

Most people probably feel that our biggest needs are OT, DE/OLB, FS and TE in that order. For a bit of fun, let's reverse that and take it into the draft. How upset would you be if we, for example, went with this with our first four picks? We would obviously be able to trade down and up to secure them. Feel free to have a go yourself and see if we can come up with something that won't have the forum wanting to kill themselves! :D

1) Eric Ebron - TE

2) Calvin Pryor - FS

3) Jeremiah Attaochu - DE/OLB

4) JaWuan James - OT

Your turn!

I'm genuinely not sure I need to respond to that, RYNE. Did you not read what I said?

The Pryor comment is acceptable, although I think he's more likely to go in the 25-30 range. As for the other part, it's pretty clearly addressed where I said "let's reverse our four biggest needs".

This is my mock as it stands now not my first choice but how I think it could go and would not mind it going.

1. Matthews, Jake OT 6'5" 308

Texas A&M

2. Niklas, Troy TE 6'6" 270 Notre Dame

3. Attaochu, Jeremiah OLB 6'3" 252 Georgia Tech

4. Brooks, Terrence FS 5'11" 198 Florida St.

5. Linder, Brandon OG 6'6" 311 Miami

6. Taliaferro, Lorenzo RB 6'0" 229 Coastal Carolina

7. Kerr, Zachariah NT 6'1" 326 Delaware

Rookie FAs Fowler, Bennie WR 6'1" 217 Michigan St.

Duncan, Joe Don TE 6'3" 268 Dixie St.

Goodson, Demetri CB 5'11" 194 Baylor

Millard, Trey FB 6'2" 247 Oklahoma

Most people probably feel that our biggest needs are OT, DE/OLB, FS and TE in that order. For a bit of fun, let's reverse that and take it into the draft. How upset would you be if we, for example, went with this with our first four picks? We would obviously be able to trade down and up to secure them. Feel free to have a go yourself and see if we can come up with something that won't have the forum wanting to kill themselves! biggrin.png

1) Eric Ebron - TE

2) Calvin Pryor - FS

3) Jeremiah Attaochu - DE/OLB

4) JaWuan James - OT

Your turn!

Reversing the needs makes it painful. I know what you're aiming for, but our top two needs are such huge ones, it hurts waiting til the 3rd. I really hoped for a decent FS (and either OT or TE) in FA.

If I were going the route you're thinking, I'd definitely trade back. The only way to make it palatable is to get an extra 2nd and 3rd.

So, if you're able to get

1) Ebron (around 15th)

2a) Pryor

2b) Moses/Cuandijo (whatever)

3a)

3b)

Then you might be able to make a draft that doesn't lead to mass slitting of wrists.

Unfortunately, flipping it like this makes it all the more clear how much we've boxed ourselves in to "having" to take certain positions at each point in the draft.

I like what you were going for Sobeit, but I believe Niklas could be gotten a round later. Also, we don't need a guard, so the pick could be better used on another position like CB.

Really can only think of one CB I would consider in the 5th and took the guard there instead because I think he is a smart tough kid with football smarts. Feel like there is really only one CB that may be there in the 5th that would be significantly better than anyone we could get in the 7th and that is Gaines, E.J. CB 5'10" 190 Missouri

As far as Nikolas I lean toward him going in the 2nd just think he is a class act and football savvy as well.