Donald Penn From Tb

chazbykr

He's a player I would wait until after the draft to sign. We could find a younger option in the draft and besides I am hoping Holmes has had a successful offseason.

forget Holmes . Did you happen to catch any of his games last year . If you happen to go back and watch them , just look for the overweight , slow tackle who gets beaten repeatedly ..

There's nothing special about him. Weight is always an issue with Penn.

I think he would great to come in and add competition. Make sure Holmes and Johnson understand they are replaceable if they don't shape up. (and or stay healthy) Besides his going 6 years without missing a game is nice as far as consistency goes. I have no idea how his actual play was, but must of been average with a play streak like that.

He'd be that one more

I doubt we go for him. We're pretty much done in FA. Maybe 1 more signing next week or so.

He'd be that one more to fill a big need. Won't be there another week tho. All rookie OL have an adjustment time. You can kinda figure what you got up front with Penn and with his size next to Asmoah look out!

Yeah man I think the Holmes experiment was a colossal failure. I don't remember a single game where I felt comfortable saying this guy is going to be our future LT. It looks like we're finally serious about our OL, there's no need to delay progress by backtracking with Holmes.

Please go watch the Buffalo game!

I will do you one better and tell you what i saw that game because i actually went to that game in Toronto. I hope you're not going to insinuate he was dominant that game because i would very quickly disagree with you. As a matter of fact buffalo did everything you possibly could do to lose that game (and they eventually did). Matt Ryan was being chased around pretty good. Pressure was pretty consistent all game.

Don't know much about him I only remember him getting in a scuffle with Dunta Robinson.

I remember Penn and Jared Allen getting into a scuffle on SNF (or MNF) and Penn bloodied Allen's nose...and then Allen proceeded to get 3 sacks on his QB right after.

Still Penn's a very solid pick up! He's huge and a better RT than anyone on our current roster (unless Holmes has made major strides OR Carimi is a secret weapon that no one knows about laugh.png). Allen does that to a lot of LTs. Btw, wouldn't mind Allen on our roster either, just saying.

Edited by I Even Bleed Red

I will do you one better and tell you what i saw that game because i actually went to that game in Toronto. I hope you're not going to insinuate he was dominant that game because i would very quickly disagree with you. As a matter of fact buffalo did everything you possibly could do to lose that game (and they eventually did). Matt Ryan was being chased around pretty good. Pressure was pretty consistent all game.

As a season ticket holder, I can tell you that it is much easier to watch line play on All 22 and on TV than live.

Watch that game again. I know the board has decided that Holmes is terrible... And lord knows he had some terrible games.... But he showed dominant traits, he can get to the second level he is strong and even Blaylock said the line assignments were often confusing.

As a season ticket holder, I can tell you that it is much easier to watch line play on All 22 and on TV than live.

Watch that game again. I know the board has decided that Holmes is terrible... And lord knows he had some terrible games.... But he showed dominant traits, he can get to the second level he is strong and even Blaylock said the line assignments were often confusing.

Yep there is that! Tice may be more valuable than we know. Would like to see another quality OT tho.