How Often Was Jadaveon Clowney Really Double Teamed?

I'm wondering if anybody knows the best way to determine how often Jadaveon Clowney was double teamed by offensive lineman last season. I can't find any video other than highlights. Even most of those he isn't doubled in all that many plays. I did watch him in his bowl game I believe against Wisconsin and again, he wasn't requiring all that much attention to keep him relatively quiet. Can anybody help here?

I'm wondering if anybody knows the best way to determine how often Jadaveon Clowney was double teamed by offensive lineman last season. I can't find any video other than highlights. Even most of those he isn't doubled in all that many plays. I did watch him in his bowl game I believe against Wisconsin and again, he wasn't requiring all that much attention to keep him relatively quiet. Can anybody help here?

Of course he's not gonna be doubled in the majority of his highlights..laugh.png

He wasn't. It's just excuse making. Kinda like when I tried to enlightened them about Edwards and D.Rob. Their reply?

1) Edwards is great at stopping the run.

2) D. Rob is the reason Grimes made it to the pro bowl.

I know. It was pathetic.

So is the Clowney excuse brigade.

Edited by LotsaPoppa

He wasn't. It's just excuse making. Kinda like when I tried to enlightened them about Edwards and D.Rob. Their reply?

1) Edwards is great at stopping the run.

2) D. Rob is the reason Grimes made it to the pro bowl.

I know. It was pathetic.

So is the Clowney excuse brigade.

So what are the winning lottery numbers going to be there Mrs. Cleo?

As far as I remember the only time they double teamed him was when they ran the ball his way. So almost never!

Yep. The only time that an offense can really afford to double team a guy is when they run the ball at that defender or on pass plays. It is tough to diagram plays that use double teams on a certain defender without becoming extremely predictable. No quality offense would designate a double team on a guy all game long like a lot of these Clowney guys think happens Edited by Mike Kenn

Yep. The only time that an offense can really afford to double team a guy is when they run the ball at that defender or on pass plays. It is tough to diagram plays that use double teams on a certain defender without becoming extremely predictable. No quality offense would designate a double team on a guy all game long like a lot of these Clowney guys think happens

He wasn't doubled every play. But he was doubled more than a few times. Scouts has said this. People that watch every snap of players. Dont see why they would lie

Kid is probably about to the number 1 overall pick and that still doesn't tell some of you all enough. Not saying he's going to All Pro or a complete bust but the general consensus that he is the best prospect in the draft by a pretty good margin speaks for itself. He's 21, plenty time to grow into a man with the right people around him. I for one think Coach Smith and Coach Cox along with a professional like Osi would put him on the right track.

Kid is probably about to the number 1 overall pick and that still doesn't tell some of you all enough. Not saying he's going to All Pro or a complete bust but the general consensus that he is the best prospect in the draft by a pretty good margin speaks for itself. He's 21, plenty time to grow into a man with the right people around him. I for one think Coach Smith and Coach Cox along with a professional like Osi would put him on the right track.

Was aundray Bruce the #1 overall pick?

He wishes the Texans were that dumb.

Clowney Stinks.

Don't deny it.

I told you so.

Dont know that he stinks but sure seems lazy and lacks work ethic. Also did not like the comment about trading up to take him he made in a interview. He is a Jr with really poor production and thinks he should go number 1. No way the falcons take him at 6 and they are right for not doing it.

It's different ways to slow a player down without it being a "double team". There's a classic double where 2 lineman may help slow him down. There's strong left, meaning the TE lines up on his side, and chucks him coming off the line like he's blocking then goes out for a pass while the OT blocks him as well, then there's the RB chip where he comes out of the backfield to help the OT in case he gets passed him or before he goes out for a pass.

As for running the ball you can simply avoid him by running away from him, you can run counters, traps, draws, screens etc...all these things slow aggressive players down and if you have an aggressive coach you can simply just attack him until he forces you to stay away from him.

I watch a lot of SC games for Clowney and no he wasn't doubled on every play but they ran more than the average traps, counters, draws, screens, doubles, RB chips, TE help, just plain avoided him or what have you. Most ppl just don't know what they are looking at as the play develops. They just want final results of the play and don't know exactly WHY a play worked or did not work.

I think last season was a combo of not wanting to be injured before the draft ala Lattimore(because that does affect your money) and the way teams played him.

• 2 weeks later...