Here Is Our Wes Welker

g-dawg

Michael Campanaro

5'9", 192lbs

4.46/40

20BP

39" vert (sick!!!)

4.01 shuttle (Sammy Watkins was 4.3 for comparison)

6.77 3-cone

****WARNING****Language is really bad on this video if you have kids nearby

STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES

STRENGTHS: Smart football player with an extremely detail-oriented skill-set. Flashes natural hands with excellent focus and tracking ability. Watching tape against Boston College in 2013, the game just seems to slow down for him at the catch point to watch the ball into his hands. Isn't small with a solid build and deceiving strength, displaying some power with a stiff arm after the catch. Savvy pass catcher who works soft spots and is a quarterback's best friend, which will endear him to NFL scouts.

WEAKNESSES: Lacks elite wheels or burst and is more of a one-speed type of athlete. Sorter than ideal, and won't consistently separate at the next level.

PLAYER OVERVIEW

Campanaro suffered a season ? and career-ending ? broken collarbone in November, but still earned second-team All-ACC honors by catching 67 passes for 803 yards and six touchdowns in just eight games. He leaves as Wake Forest?s all-time leader with 229 career catches.

He figures to be full strength during the pre-draft process and while Campanaro isn?t the biggest or fastest prospect, he does grade out as a solid third-day selection.

G-Dawg Take:

This guy catches everything with hands like flypaper. He is great catching bubble screens, slants, etc and is a chain mover the way that Wes Welker is. I guarantee you that Bill Belicheck has his eye on this guy. With a step-down in Tight End, we need a guy with this "Wes Welker type" skill set to work into the Falcons rotation. He is much better than HD and Darius Johnson in my opinion.

This guy is also explosive - good 40 time and 39 inch vert. 20 reps - he had a 16 catch game.

If we could get this guy in 5th round, it would be a great pick - might fall to 6th round but I doubt it.

Sounds like a promising prospect. Is breaking your collarbone a career-threatening injury? I broke my collarbone playing football, but it healed in a couple months and was never a problem for me.

I knew a guy in high school that broke his collarbone 3 different times in his 4 seasons on the team. All in the same spot.