Now That The "free Agent Frenzy" Is Over

Buc-man™®

Falcons are clearly head over heals in love with one of the 3-4 DE, only reason i can think for the defensive change... so who's the pick, Mack??

Saints and Panthers are harder to figure out, Panthers should go WR. and Saints should go offensive line, but y'all know better than me so whats the scoop?

Tampa however im now covincent will take Wr Mike Evans from Texas AM, and heres why.

Point 1. If you look at lovie smiths history, he's a Texas native whom tends/likes to drafts players from odd/no name schools trying to find that hiddenTexas gem. Mike Evan goes to Texas AM but to call him a hidden gem would be silly.

Point 2. Vincent Jackson is scheduled to make 11.5 mill in 2015 when he's turning 32. Lovie clearly isn't going to pay a declining Jackson that much when he can find a very comparable option for no more than 1.5 mill. this team is HURTING for depth, and that plus other cutts(dashaun goldson) will free uo enough cap to sign 3-4 premier players next off season. Plus his cap isnt too freindly, there will be roughoy 4.5 in dead money cutting him but im thinking Lovie isnt playing around with Marky Marks past contracts.

Edited by Buc_man

Falcons are clearly head over heals in love with one of the 3-4 DE, only reason i can think for the defensive change... so who's the pick, Mack??

Saints and Panthers are harder to figure out, Panthers should go WR. and Saints prolly should go offensive line, but y'all know better than me so whats the scoop?

Tampa however im now covincent will take Wr Mike Evans from Texas AM, and heres why.

Point 1. If you look at lovie smiths history, he's a Texas native whom tends/likes to drafts players from odd/no name schools trying to find that hiddenTexas gem. Mike Evan goes to Texas AT but to call him a hidden gem would be silly

Point 2. Vincent Jackson is scheduled to make 11.5 mill in 2015 when he's turning 32. Lovie clearly isn't going to pay a declining Jackson that much when he can find a very comparable option for no more than 1.5 mill. this team is HURTING for depth, and that plus other cutts(dashaun goldson) will free uo enough cap to sign 3-4 premier players next off season.

all signs are pointing to Strief re-signing with the Saints. his agent has said as much and he has turned down offers to visit with other teams

as for center, the Saints will probably move Lelito over from backup guard or wait for FA to really die down and sign someone like Goodwin on the cheap as a stop gap this year. Don't think they want to go into the season with a rookie at C or be forced to reach with a pick

Saints usually go BPA in the first, but I am sure their first pick will be WR, CB, or LB.

I think the change is copycating Saints. Nobody gave Saints a chance last offseason to successfully convert over because they supposedly didn't have the personnel in place, moreso after losing a Butler and Smith to injury, yet they thrived! Flacons have to be seeing the turnaround Saints made and thinking they can do same and have some guys that could plug in right away. Guys like Boerman that can do nothing great but everything well should make an easy transition. Of course, the Saints defense was rarely running a pure 3-4 anyway, so Falcons will probably doing more hybrid stuff and return to more psycho and cloud defenses they showcased in Nolan's first year.

I think the change is copycating Saints. Nobody gave Saints a chance last offseason to successfully convert over because they supposedly didn't have the personnel in place, moreso after losing a Butler and Smith to injury, yet they thrived! Flacons have to be seeing the turnaround Saints made and thinking they can do same and have some guys that could plug in right away. Guys like Boerman that can do nothing great but everything well should make an easy transition. Of course, the Saints defense was rarely running a pure 3-4 anyway, so Falcons will probably doing more hybrid stuff and return to more psycho and cloud defenses they showcased in Nolan's first year.

the Saints were too decimated at LB to run a true 3-4. We saw a lot of 3 safety sets and it worked. Byrd, Bush, and Vacarro should be fun to watch next year

As for draft, I would love to see them go for Odell Beckham, although most would probably consider it a reach. Then again, Honeybager was comsodered a little bit of a reach by Cards last year, but in retrospect, he could have gone even earlier and most would have considered it a great pick at end of season. OD has playmaker written all over him!

you know I cant help but to agree with your that the Falcons are making this move in a way trying to "keep up" with the Saints. jus my gut

the Saints were too decimated at LB to run a true 3-4. We saw a lot of 3 safety sets and it worked. Byrd, Bush, and Vacarro should be fun to watch next year

Definitely, LB has continually been our weakest spot, but with a healthy Butler this year, it could be very interesting with our new safety tandem in support. I also really likes P. Haralson and would like to see him back in rotation if we can get him for another cheap contract. What we really need is hit on a super talented guy in draft at LB, all the recents ones have been very average or misses.

you know I cant help but to agree with your that the Falcons are making this move in a way trying to "keep up" with the Saints. jus my gut

Also, the Saints had nothing to lose, they already had worse defense in history, can't get much worse. Granted Falcons has a ton of injuries, but they kinda in same boat with a terrible defensive year and like Saints have never recently been a solid defense, just had a year where takeaways made up for the average Def play.

It was a tremendous success. Rob guided them into the top 5. Can TD get Nolan what he needs in one offseason?

The same gut you used when comparing Ryan and Freeman?

Also isn't it time you changed your sig? Josh doesn't play for Tampa in case you were unaware.

WRONG on both accounts, now im not trying to get off topic here butt...

Even as i type there very words Matty ice has yet to be the QB my fish joshie pooh was, now undertsand the words i used there. Matty ice has "YET" to be the Qb my fish joshie pooh "WAS". Ok becasue what freeman did in 2010 ive yet to see Matty ice do, as Lovie Smith would say... Ryans stats are good, but what did good get you? 4-12.

And as far as my Sig goes, its now "vintage" and im NEVER EVER EVER!!!! gonna take it down. Joshie pooh is my fish, always will be. :)

thanks schiano...

Saints needs are CB, WR, O-line and OLB/DE. I wouldn't be surprised if they take a K as well.

Hartley will be in camp somewhere. problem with him is that he was doing well in practice and effing it up in games. hope he took the off time to work on his mechanics or whatever mental hiccups he was having

Hartley will be in camp somewhere. problem with him is that he was doing well in practice and effing it up in games. hope he took the off time to work on his mechanics or whatever mental hiccups he was having

Payton gave Hartley so many opportunities to keep his kicking job and he just pizzed it away.

Payton gave Hartley so many opportunities to keep his kicking job and he just pizzed it away.

yah I know

my problem is that I named my dog Hartley as we got her just after the Superbowl and as a puppy her fur was black and gold colored

at least she doesn't have that confusion of thinking she has done something wrong anymore...I won't be yelling MOTHER ******* HARTLEY!! at the TV this coming season

Even as i type there very words Matty ice has yet to be the QB my fish joshie pooh was, now undertsand the words i used there. Matty ice has "YET" to be the Qb my fish joshie pooh "WAS". Ok becasue what freeman did in 2010 ive yet to see Matty ice do, as Lovie Smith would say... Ryans stats are good, but what did good get you? 4-12.

And as far as my Sig goes, its now "vintage" and im NEVER EVER EVER!!!! gonna take it down. Joshie pooh is my fish, always will be. smile.png

thanks schiano...

Crazy....but ya GOTTA love his dedication!

And as far as my Sig goes, its now "vintage" and im NEVER EVER EVER!!!! gonna take it down. Joshie pooh is my fish, always will be. :)

thanks schiano...

Freeman 2010

Yards 3451

Completion % 61.4

T D 25

Interceptions 6

Ryan 2012

Yards 4719

Completion % 68.6

T D 32

Interceptions 14

The draft strategy hasn't changed for the Falcons still comes down to one of the OTs or one of the edge rushers. Personally I think defense is the theme for us this offseason. I'm not buying the copying the Saints b.s. because if you look closely at our drafts the past couple of years we've been picking up Nolan type players. As for the rest of the division

The Saints will probably go BPA like always unless they fall in love with a prospect although I'd say CB wr ol lb are their biggest needs

The Bucs should be set on defense so look for them to go offense early WR TE OL stand out and probably a QB in the 2nd or 3rd. Not sold on McCown being a full time starter.

Panthers are in the worse shape Imo of any team in the division at least offensively. Their front seven will be great again but they still have questions in the secondary. On offense they need a LT RT and OG also having a wr corp with a whopping combined 2 career receptions won't be easy to fix.

I predict the division to finish

1. Falcons

2. Saints

3. Bucs

4. Panthers

I know it's still early in the off season but there you have it. Defensively we will be much improved and we'll be fully healthy on both sides of the ball. Although the rest of the division will be better defensively than us only New Orleans has the offensive fire power To Duke it out with us. Both the Bucs and the panthers will lean heavily on their run games the Bucs because that's lovie's philosophy and the panthers well because right now they have no choice. TD took the right steps to improve our run defense grabbing a couple of stout run defenders and re-signing peters.