Would You Be Mad If We Took Eric Ebron?

Romfal

Say the draft goes

Clowney

Robinson

Mack

Bridgewater

Matthews

I'm not saying take him at 6 necessarily but if we trade down to 9-12.

Our other options are either at 6 or 9-12

RT Lewan

OLB Barr

FS Pryor/Clinton-Dix

WR Watkins(for the fanboys)

Matt has had a security blanket with Tony for 5 years, with this pick he wouldn't miss a step and we would keep 3 weapons downfield.

Edited by Romfal

I made a thread on this subject last night. I feel like Mack, Clowney, Robinson,nor Mathews will be there when we pick. we will have to trade down in that case, but it opens our draft more if we draft Ebron as opposed to getting Barr or Watkins

Scenario: http://boards.atlant...-sammy-watkins/

If we got Ebron, or Lewan or Barr or Pryor and an extra second rounder we would be in great shape. We have 4 needs and arguably only 3 picks to fill them with

OLB, RT, TE, FS

TE has arguably the least depth than any other position and we had our biggest loss this offseason at that position.

If we traded back to the 10-12 range, I would be happy to have Ebron. Dude is an insane talent, matchup nightmare. We have added some solid pieces in FA to give us more flexibility in the draft. We are no longer praying that Mack, Clowney, or Robinson will be there are 6 (It'd be great to have one of the three though)

I would be pissed. He's not a good blocker, basically an oversized slow wide receiver. I don't see any tight end going until at least the high teens in this draft.

I would much rather have Troy Nickolas because he's a complete tight end. If you didn't notice our tight ends were a part of the problem when running the ball.

Say the draft goes

Clowney

Robinson

Mack

Bridgewater

Matthews

I'm not saying take him at 6 necessarily but if we trade down to 9-12.

Our other options are either at 6 or 9-12

RT Lewan

OLB Barr

FS Pryor/Clinton-Dix

WR Watkins(for the fanboys)

Matt has had a security blanket with Tony for 5 years, with this pick he wouldn't miss a step and we would keep 3 weapons downfield.

If the draft goes like that I would try to trade back and draft Donald and and acquire an additional 2 and draft Jimmie Ward and him/Brandon Thomas/Morgan Moses/Stephon Tuitt

If the draft goes like that I would try to trade back and draft Donald and and acquire an additional 2 and draft Jimmie Ward and him/Brandon Thomas/Morgan Moses/Stephon Tuitt

I used to be on the Donald train, I just dont know how he would fit in our base scheme. If we go DT I'd maybe consider Nix or Hagemann first.

Yes. We just spent a 4th rounder on a TE last year in Toilolo. He was forced to sit behind a sure fire 1st ballot HOF. We have too many holes to fill along the lines in a line driven draft to even think about it. Why are some so quick to give up on him and he hasn't even began to play an entire year? Albeit, he may be raw, but so was a lot of others drafted like him....Jimmy Graham and Antonio Gates come to mind. I'm not saying he'll even remotely be close to those guys, but we atleast have to find out.

It would be alright as longs as we got another early second round pick to go with it. We would have to pick up a decent tackle in the second and then get a pass rusher like Attaochu or Ford. If we can't get an early second then we can't afford to pick Ebron.

it boggles me that we knew Tony was retiring for over two seasons now, and all we 'groomed' behind him is Levine Toilolo.....what the ****

But what say they have and are going to more of a run orientated offense and more vertical 3 & 4 WRer sets.

It would'nt have mattered who we managed to get a Fleener Eifert or anyone of that ilk you just don't replace a Tony Gonzalez so all we can do is try and develop the next guy and lessen the blow by spreading the load and changing the philosophy how we attack teams.

Edited by kiwifalcon