What Are The Oakland Raiders Going To Do At #5?

g-dawg

In the last 24 hours, the Raiders have signed:

• DE - Justin Tuck (2yrs $11mm)
  • OLB - Lamar Woodley (2yrs, $12mm)

they have also signed:

• RT - Austin Howard (5yrs, $30mm)
  • RB - Darren McFadden (1yr, $4mm)

visits or pending:

• LT - Donald Penn
  • DT - Henry Melton
  • DB - Terrell Thomas
  • RB - Andre Brown

The Raiders have so much cap room its hard to determine what they are going to do. The good news is they seem to be solidifying the Offensive Tackle and Pass Rusher positions with OT-Austin Howard/Donald Penn(?) and DE/OLB-Justin Tuck/Lamar Woodley.

Hopefully this means the Raiders will look at QB (Bridgewater/Bortles/Manziel) or WR(Sammy Watkins).

Obviously the Raiders have tons of needs and the players I listed above are older on pass rush side - but it would tend to make you think that the Raiders would go after QB/WR.

What say you? How do you see it on the Raiduhs?

Last year he was still one of the best in the biz at shutting down the outside pass rush though ......

yeah but the top tackles are off the board and we are now in phase#2 of free agency - Penn is also 30yrs old....he will probably get a 3yr deal worth about $18mm - something like that. I don't see a bidding war

yeah but the top tackles are off the board and we are now in phase#2 of free agency - Penn is also 30yrs old....he will probably get a 3yr deal worth about $18mm - something like that. I don't see a bidding war

I see us grabbing either Robinson, Matthews or Lewan. With maybe a trade back into first for S or OLB/DE

I see us grabbing either Robinson, Matthews or Lewan. With maybe a trade back into first for S or OLB/DE

I think it will be:

1. Jadeveon Clowney, OLB/DE
  2. Khalil Mack, OLB
  3. Greg Robinson, LT
  4. Jake Matthews, LT
  5. Taylor Lewan, LT
  6. Anthony Barr, OLB

in that order - if Falcons scouts are not sold on Greg Robinson developing into a top notch pass blocker then they will like Matthews more than Robinson - either way, I think Mack is #1.

I think it will be:

1. Jadeveon Clowney, OLB/DE
  2. Khalil Mack, OLB
  3. Greg Robinson, LT
  4. Jake Matthews, LT
  5. Taylor Lewan, LT
  6. Anthony Barr, OLB

in that order - if Falcons scouts are not sold on Greg Robinson developing into a top notch pass blocker then they will like Matthews more than Robinson - either way, I think Mack is #1.

That's a pretty good list IMO

I'm really liking Lewan more and more I watch him. He's a brawler. I won't be mad if they draft Mack btw.

But IMO we grab one of top 3 OTs amd get a guy in the late first round or second round to rush as OLB/DE that's a heckuva draft start.

Murphy looks good, dee ford, Crichton, attachou...there's a lot of good players.

Guess it depends on how falcons view the OT prospects. If they view the top 3 as elite prospects they go with them in my mind, as you can create pressure with lesser players but **** hard to find a bookend OT