Question For Those Who Want To Go D At #6

Nole9782

Not against you on that fact. I'd be fine if we were defensive heavy. But to say we couldn't use a top flight OT is not smart either. Look I like Mack. If him or Matthews or Robinson were both there it'd be a had choice. But at the same time I see great wisdom in drafting a Matthews, Robinson or Lewan and then turning out the rest of our draft like this:

Rd 2 van noy

Rd 3 ward S

Rd 4 Justin Ellis

Rd 5 brent urban

Do you see my point?

I would take Mack & Moses over Robinson and Van Noy.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of that was Wilson wasn't as good when asked to do more. He's a second year QB and it showed at times. Okung is a very good OT

Top 10 in his position good? He only played 8 games last year? Didn't they have the best record last year? Looks like they did okay with his backup to me?

Edited by head busta from augusta

I personally don't care what round they were drafted in, if you can find me a pro bowl caliber pass rusher in later rounder I am all for it. But truth be told I can find more OT in later rounds that will be successful than you can find pass rushers.

Moses, James, Richardson, Thomas, Hurst & Bitonio can all start next year at RT and will be there when we are picking in the 2nd round.

Well see won't we. A lot less busts on OL than inside rushers in top ten. Even Robert gallery became a serviceable OG.

I'm good either way, but in all honesty with the exception of the NYGs, most texans listed had very stout interior DLs. Very stout. The patriots and steelers and ravens all heavily in their interior DL

I think well see a huge turnaround in our pass rush after our investments in the interior DL as well

But again, you have a Clowney or Mack at 6 and one of the top 3 OL..it's not an easy choice

Top 10 in his position good? He only played 8 games last year? Didn't they have the best record last year?

He was extremely good in 12, and luckily for them back at the middle and end of the season

You really think I'm noob enough not to have researched when he was hurt lol

Defense STILL wins championships. Give me a break. That cliche is sometimes true because great teams win. Let's see. The Broncos had the #1 defense in 1989, the 49ers had the #1 offense. Result 55-10 49ers. Cowboys had the #1 offense in 1995, Steelers had the #4 defense. Result 27-17 Cowboys. Colts had the #1 offense in 2006, Bears #1 defense. Result 29-17 Colts. Packers had the #7 offense in 2010, Steelers #1 defense. Result 31-25 Packers. Sure, the defense won this year, but the league is becoming an offensive league. WRs, and CBs to stop them are becoming more important. RBs are less important. So the old cliches run the ball and defense wins are not as true anymore.

edit: Great QBs, WRs, and CBs are what we want and what we have, but they are useless without help from the trenches. The D-line is less vulnerable than the O-line at this time. We WON"T likely find a solid starter at OT past the first round. Tackles are the easiest to draft. In other words, the first rounders are less likely to bust, and the late rounders are less likely to surprise.

Edited by JuzFootball

Our draft MUST be pass rusher heavy. We need 2-3 LB's, speifically DE/OLB types that can rush out of a 2 or 3 point stance. This draft is loaded with them luckily.

1 - Mack

2 - Moses

3 - Attachou

I still think we bring in FS Chris Clemons. This draft solidifies RT and gives us two pass rushers right off the bat.

Who is Paul McQuistan?

Geez are yiu going to play stump the dummy all day? How bout this what rounds were avril, Clemons and Bennett drafted in? When was Sherman drafted?

Btw who did the Seahawks give a first rounder for and one can arguably say helped set the tone for their Super Bowl win..?

It's not as easy as say draft Mack or Matthews...it's team fit,...it's unit cohesion on both sides of the ball and right players that fit your scheme doing the right things

Geez are yiu going to play stump the dummy all day? How bout this what rounds were avril, Clemons and Bennett drafted in? When was Sherman drafted?

Btw who did the Seahawks give a first rounder for and one can arguably say helped set the tone for their Super Bowl win..?

It's not as easy as say draft Mack or Matthews...it's team fit,...it's unit cohesion on both sides of the ball and right players that fit your scheme doing the right things

Again I'm not finding that #6 overall elite pass rusher...

You mentioned the Saints and the Panthers. I'm sure you know that we also play the Bucs twice a year. Do you know anything about their defenses, by chance? I'm curious how you plan to block their ELITE pass rushers?

We need help on both sides, but the draft is deeper at OT. I'm sure some will fall to the second round. We need a playmaker to invest in on our new 3-4.