• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The most interesting thing is how the signing bonus is structured. He gets a 6 million roster bonus in 2015, and cutting him prior would just increase the cap hit, so there really isn't anything that they can do, to decrease his 2015 cap number. Loomis can do some his infamous restructurings after year two, though.

They know they only have a very few years left with stain faced and are going all in, and it's either win in the next 2-3 yrs or bust, caps hits will take it's toll mortgaging the future for win now, with the war of the NFC South with all teams getting better, it's a war of attrition and I hope they flame out miserably.

So basically I'm seeing a one-year deal but I really really hope that for the next 4 years his cap hit is 10 mil. Especially that 3rd, 4th, and 5th year when they will have to pay Vaccarro.

Actually he will be with the team for at least 2 years and probably a third. The dead money in the contract would be too much to just cut. I am assuming they will restructure after year two. At some point though all that money will come back to bite them, but probably not for another 3 years

I find it funny that most of the Falconholics were going bananas when they learned Jairus Byrd were coming to Atlanta for a visit and once he signed with the Saints he all of sudden becomes an average over paid player. You guys have been preaching this salary cap crap for the last 5 or so years and they're still making it work. You guys went wild when you signed the Defensive End (can't think of his name) from the Vikings, how did that turn out (cut after one year). You claim you were on the way to the Super Bowl when you signed Osi, how did that turn out (4-12). You claim dynasty after signing Steven Jackson, drafting 7. You were punked by Gonzales, begged to be traded. So until your free agent track record improves drastically, I don't think you should be the team to criticize the team who owns your buttocks. Rise up on that!

I find it funny that most of the Falconholics were going bananas when they learned Jairus Byrd were coming to Atlanta for a visit and once he signed with the Saints he all of sudden becomes an average over paid player. You guys have been preaching this salary cap crap for the last 5 or so years and they're still making it work. You guys went wild when you signed the Defensive End (can't think of his name) from the Vikings, how did that turn out (cut after one year). You claim you were on the way to the Super Bowl when you signed Osi, how did that turn out (4-12). You claim dynasty after signing Steven Jackson, drafting 7. You were punked by Gonzales, begged to be traded. So until your free agent track record improves drastically, I don't think you should be the team to criticize the team who owns your buttocks. Rise up on that!

Here's what you just spent 50 million on. A safety that can't run down old man Steven Jackson.... Congrats.

smile.png

So here we are playing the Bills as the ball is snapped and Byrd is to the right of the defense and about 15 yards deep

2vufp75.jpg

The ball is snapped and SJ is running to the left side of the formation and Byrd has a clear view of this and as you can see he's already in motion.

2hx95dh.jpg

This is Steven Jackson not a burner like Smith. You would think Byrd would have an angle.

This is how the play ends.

2iw0rr9.jpg

i think its funny that a Saints fan comes to a Falcons board and is surprised that the falcon fans are talking **** about the Saints.