Our 3 Fa's Have Only Counted 11.3 Against This Years Cap

jgator21

There's is backloaded. Bonus spread and low cap number first year.

don't think so Soliai according to reports will be paid $11 million this year and I can't remember which but either Jackson or asomough has a max cap hit of 5.2 million. I've said it before if TD can't do anything right he can make some very cap friendly contract structures.

don't think so Soliai according to reports will be paid $11 million this year and I can't remember which but either Jackson or asomough has a max cap hit of 5.2 million. I've said it before if TD can't do anything right he can make some very cap friendly contract structures.

No it's around 11 for all 3 this upcoming year

Right no way this can be right. We just paid a NT 11 mill for this season. And we do not have any extra cap space, we still need to pay Bosher 14 mill and Saeed Lee another 10.

I meant the saints, sorry.

Soliai has a $7M signing Bonus + 2M roster bonus + 2M salary for this season. That equals $11M that he would see this season but it only counts $5M+ against our cap.

He gets 7M for signing the contract theoretically. These prorated bonuses aren't always paid out in one lump sum but can be. Either way that 7M is divided by 5 so it counts $1.4M each year against the cap.

This is how you make a strong team across the board. It's these types of signings. Signing Soliai and Jackson made our LBs better and will keep them healthy longer.

But this doesn't even include restructuring Roddy. Byrd would have been a great signing and the average fan would be able to brag about it, but signing our three new guys aren't sexy but important.

We've got plenty of space and there are a lot of good players remaining. Like Ring of Honor said, Strief and Clemons would be perfect signings and fairly cheap at this point.