Darrelle Revis Unlikely To Be Traded By Buccaneers

lol Revis can't force any team to pay him $16 mil a year. He will take a lower salary or retire if no team is willing to meet his demands

They said he couldn't get a deal done with the browns because he wouldn't take a pay cut. I guess location has a lot to do with it but..

I wonder what deal they offered him.

Edited by Rise_Up_504

They said he couldn't get a deal done with the browns because he wouldn't take a pay cut. I guess location has a lot to do with it but..

I wonder what deal they offered him.

thats because as of right now he still has options. Once he is released and realizes nobody is going to pay him that he will change his tune

With our two young corners, why, why, why would we want to use any of our cap space for Revis?

We still need some more hogs.

Don't do it, Tommy.

We start 5 DBs. If you recall we had Grimes, Dunta & still acquired Asante because we need 3 starting CBs. We are going to seriously pursue him and I think we will get him. Consider we do not have very much money committed to our CBs. Revis, Trufant, & Alford combined with the run stoppers we just added… how exactly is that not a smart move?

And don't tell me because of the contract, we have no clue how much he will sign for but no one is about to pay him $16 Mill. I say 10-11 which we can afford after cutting Osi & Duffman and being creative with the cap figures.

So, are you totally discounting Revis' own words - through his agent and various media outlets - that he is not going to take a pay cut? I'm just asking?

He won't be taking a pay cut. He has to be getting paid for it to be a pay cut. If he is cut no one owes him anything and as you can see no one is going to give him 16 mill

He won't be taking a pay cut. He has to be getting paid for it to be a pay cut. If he is cut no one owes him anything and as you can see no one is going to give him 16 mill

So, if Revis knows this - that no one is going to pay him what he's asking - why the hell is he being so adamant about his salary demands knowing the Bucs can just release him? I don't get it?

So, if Revis knows this - that no one is going to pay him what he's asking - why the **** is he being so adamant about his salary demands knowing the Bucs can just release him? I don't get it?

im just guessing but if he is going to have to take a pay cut he would probably like to be playing for a contender. Its a lot easier to take making less mmoney from the Pats than it is the Bucs

So, if Revis knows this - that no one is going to pay him what he's asking - why the **** is he being so adamant about his salary demands knowing the Bucs can just release him? I don't get it?

So he can hand pick his home and get another stupid, dumb big sign on bonus.

True, but, it's funny that Blank brought in a guy who was unemployed to work for the guy who was already the GM.

TD brought him in. And it was the best move he has made in a long time.

THIS. People's blind criticisms of him causes them to overlook the obvious. TD told us early on that HE wanted to strengthen the lines. The first addition he made to our lines was Pioli. If you honestly think that TD was not targeting Asamoah and Jackson already in his new union with his long time friend, you are naive. He knew the top FA G available (there is adv scouting of other teams' players) and a quality young DE were formerly drafted by Pioli.

Blank is not making those kinds of decisions. Give TD his due.

Because there are other factors involved. Like being a FA instead of being traded to whoever wants you. His salary demands are demands so that he will be released. If you're going to earn less, wouldn't you like to decide where you do it? Plus there will be a bidding war for him, whereas if he restructured he would not have the upper hand. Were you confused that DeMarcus Ware did not take a pay cut even tho no one else was going to pay him bout $16 Mill either? These are still people with lives outside of football. I'd think if your job told you to take a pay cut so you could be transferred to a sh!ttier company located in Cleveland, you'd say **** no too.