LouDog.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We just can't wait to see what we actually have?

Instead we resort to just spewing random numbers out.

Over the Cap has us at $17 mil including Tyson Jackson, Soliai, Peters, and McClain contracts. We are still missing Babs, Asamoah, and Johnson and they haven't gotten rid of Decoud.

So that puts us at $20 mil left over minus Babs, Asamoah, and Johnson.

Real numbers.

The obsession over the cap is an exercise in futility. If numbers are your thing, by all means have fun, but the average fan having a conniption fit over the cap is just dumb. The Broncos and Saints just proved it doesn't matter.

We are in a better cap situation than most teams, and we just came off a 4-12 season. I'm not going to lose sleep because we kicked some cap space down the road to 2016-2017.

Worry about 2016, when it's actually 2016.

We paid Hawley way too freaking much. I haven't been disappointed by any of the contracts thus far until I saw his. WTF were we thinking?!?

Hawley - 2 years, $6.5m, $3m guaranteed (WTF?!?)

Babs - 3 years, $9m, $4m guaranteed

Soliai - 5 years, $32m, $14m guaranteed ($5.4m cap hit for 2014)

Jackson - 5 years, $25m, $11m guaranteed ($3.1m cap hit for 2014)

Johnson - ???

It also doesn't have Babineaux, Hawley, McClain or Mike Johnson signed back. Not sure that affects the predicted number a ton, but it's something that needs factoring in.

Neat site, hadn't seen it before.

EDIT: it still has at least McClain on the Roster, but listed (along with the others noted above that we've already re-signed) as a Pending Free Agent. I have no idea what McClain's official status is.. we tendered him with something?

His tender salary wise equals about 1.4 mill I think I saw.

It also doesn't have Babineaux, Hawley, McClain or Mike Johnson signed back. Not sure that affects the predicted number a ton, but it's something that needs factoring in.

Neat site, hadn't seen it before.

EDIT: it still has at least McClain on the Roster, but listed (along with the others noted above that we've already re-signed) as a Pending Free Agent. I have no idea what McClain's official status is.. we tendered him with something?

it is usually up to date, give it a day or so as free agency settles down and they can get the info updated, but with hawley, babs, johnson and asamoah not there. i would say we still have way more than 2 mil like OP said.

We paid Hawley way too freaking much. I haven't been disappointed by any of the contracts thus far until I saw his. WTF were we thinking?!?

Hawley - 2 years, $6.5m, $3m guaranteed (WTF?!?)

Babs - 3 years, $9m, $4m guaranteed

Soliai - 5 years, $32m, $14m guaranteed ($5.4m cap hit for 2014)

Jackson - 5 years, $25m, $11m guaranteed ($3.1m cap hit for 2014)

Johnson - ???

TD is an idiot 3.25 mill a year for Hawley.

We should be right around $9 mil in cap space

More like 12, because I don't think these sites take our 3.1 rollover from last year into account.

And they SURE do not look at just the first 51 guys on the roster, they are all that counts until next season starts. So we could have another three to five million to play with on top of that 12.

And that is one reason the Saints were able to sign Byrd.

Hawley got paid that much because he performed like an adequate starter when he got his chance last season. Drew interest from other teams, he wasn't going to settle for a lowball offer. And we need a reassurance in case Konz doesn't pan out, this was the best route for us to assure we have an adequate center for Matt at least, if Konz can't pull it together.