We Are Not Switching To A 3-4

I'm afraid I have to agree FR. Our base defense is the nickel. Since Mike Nolan has been here the defensive line has changed by opponents offense, often by down and distance. Our defensive line and linebackers are as unconventional as I have ever seen. I love it.

I'm thinking we're hybrid. Jackson and Poliai help give up the options of a 3 or 4 man front as we need. If we Jackson playing as a 4/3 DTm he would also allow the DE next to him to drop or move position as he could hold the edge like a 3/4 DE. It gives more flexibility to the one DE on his side IMO.

Edited by dfsutton

It's ok everyone. We are going to run 34 base and call it 43 so people around here went cry that the 43 base is gone. The thing is we are still hybrid the only difference is we are now more hybrid 34 than 43. Which means the base is the same but the percentages change. We will use 34 and 43 under mostly.

I'm thinking we're hybrid. Jackson and Poliai help give up the options of a 3 or 4 man front as we need. If we Jackson playing as a 4/3 DTm he would also allow the DE next to him to drop or move position as he could hold the edge like a 3/4 DE. It gives more flexibility to the one DE on his side IMO.

So like the coveted LEO?

We are running the 4-3 under. It is basically the 4-3 front with 3-4 personnel. That is a gross generalization of course.

Look up the 4-3 under. We got a NT, because in this defense, you need a big space water NT to block the gap and handle the double team from the C/G.

We also got a 5tech DT for the same reason. Our defense will be very similar to that of Seattle or ravens hybrid.