Soliai 11M Cap Hit This Year?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000333073/article/atlanta-falcons-agree-with-paul-soliai-tyson-jackson

Jackson will get $25 million over five years. New Falcons front-office staffer Scott Pioli drafted Jackson with the No. 3 overall pick in 2009. While he wasn't flashy, Jackson developed into a great run stopper over the years.

The same is true of Soliai, who is a one-man solution to Atlanta's soft-run defense. Soliai will get $33 million over five years, with $14 million fully guaranteed. He'll make $11 million this season.

Says he will make 11m this year, wtf!

Edited by outofsight2484

We won't know for certain until everything comes out, but it's possible.....probably not, but I can think of a lot of benefits if we did. guarantee more P5 money next year for the younger guys we signed (Asamoah and Jackson) and let them impact the cap the most when they presumably in their primes.And lower cap his for Soliai as he ages so that we never "have" to be in a position to be forced to cut him......possibly having a salary fitting of a back up when he's 34, 35.

probably around 13-14 for all 3 players

I imagine we are somewhere in the $15-16M range including Babs, and Hawley.

$4M for Soliai

3.5M Jackson

3.5M Asamoah

2M Babs

2M Hawley

Somewhere in there. Obviously I have no proof, but just knowing how these things are generally structured

I imagine we are somewhere in the $15-16M range including Babs, and Hawley.

$4M for Soliai

3.5M Jackson

3.5M Asamoah

2M Babs

2M Hawley

Somewhere in there. Obviously I have no proof, but just knowing how these things are generally structured

Which would leave us with 11-12 mil in cap space. Plenty of options available to create more as well.

As I said earlier, I thought it would be a little bit less. Didn't count on the $2M roster bonus vs a higher prorated bonus (signing). Reasonable deal. No real complaints.

$320 more added to the pool this yr, so guys are going to get paid a bit more. Another $320 or so going to be added next yr.